z

Young Writers Society

Firewing DT

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am
Rosendorn says...

Share any plot ideas, twists, or character changes here. Ask your questions here as well.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am
FinalFreedom says...

So, where will we all be starting? In my opinion, we should start off with a conference where the students are told about the kidnapping of the Elite's.

Being the spy, I would probably already be there, already informed, right? Is it safe to assume that, since I probably hold a large importance to the Firewing's, as much as everyone else, that while we're on our mission I might have small little ventures of which I do alone?
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hm, I have this little idea of everyone getting captured and pitted against each other, like in a gladiator arena. They're told that they have to fight to survive, and once they've entertained enough, they can go free. An optional part is somebody (somebodies) getting brainwashed. Of course, this is just my random babbling.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

I don't know if that would work Viper. The whole plot is trying to find the Elite. What might work (based off your idea) is one or two get captured and have to fight the Elite in the way you were describing. Then, the rest of the group would have to go find them. Another twist could be that one member allowed the other to get captured.

And one character has already gotten brainwashed before the storybook started.

Final- thank you Very much.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:40 am
abstractpoet says...

Well, I had the idea of my character (Meela, air) being show something on the wind that could help direct us. Maybe she could see one of the Elite being kidnapped and recognizes the kidnapper as she same race as she is? (as my character is a foreigner)
Then we could continue to whatever kingdom Meela is from.
What do you think?
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm
Firestar says...

See all you guys next week. I don't know if I'll have any internet until then, but if I do I'll try to post.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Abstract- I like that. It works for your character.

Firestar- Okay. If you can't, I'm sure it won't take long for you to figure out what's going on.

17 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Rosey- for your idea, I would gladly throw Vincent into the ring against the Elite's. He shows vast loyalty for them, and to have to face them would be a great judge for his character. Would be cool :P

Also, if you are all wanting to suspect someone for being a spy and working for the kidnappers, you can always blame Vincent. He won't be working for them, but he IS a spy, so he DOES seem like an obvious target xD
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

Final- Maybe. Thing is, All the characters are pretty loyal to the Elite, so it would boil down to character. That, and who'd be the most likely to get a little messed up after facing them. xD

Character torture is a hobby of mine.....

9 Reviews

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:19 pm
View Likes
abstractpoet says...

I'm about to leave for the week. Hopefully I'll be able to get one, but if I don't, 'till then!
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

Rosey, I have to agree. Character torture is a lot of fun.
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

1272 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 am
Rosendorn says...

Okay, we now need to make up our minds as to where we want to go. There are two options at this time:

Rasdont (Firestar's post, elabourated in Billy's)
Kartaroff (Abstract's post)

From the posts, which one should we go to?

17 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 am
FinalFreedom says...

Rosey, I believe Kartaroff was the person she sensed on the wind, that took her mentor o.o We don't know WHERE he is, only WHO he is :P I guess that just leaves us with the R place?
Anti-Peta.

1272 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 am
Rosendorn says...

Yes, but she recognized him as a person from her kingdom. So, that leads us to another place.

Unless Abstract's character is from Rasdont.... which we won't know until she gets back.

Yeah, I guess that's the only real choice.

9 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 am
abstractpoet says...

Whoops.
I meant Kartaroff to be a place. I guess I didn't make that clear. Sorry!
But maybe it would be better for Kartaroff to be a person from Rasdont. At least, it would all fit together nicely. And then we wouldn't have to worry about two different places.
What do you guys think?

Nothing is impossible, for the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'
— Audrey Hepburn