Young Writers Society

The Lionhearts

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 pm
View Likes
Face Engine says...

Discuss things here.
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this signature.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 pm
Bloo says...

well considering i never said he was really born i guess the creation idea could work

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

Hey I just posted my profile. I thought of something interesting, how about my guy is being chased through the city, and to escape he stows away on the airship?
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

50 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 pm
View Likes
Face Engine says...

Sounds good to me. I'll start the story soon.

50 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 pm
View Likes
Face Engine says...

I would make a poll for this, but that requires too much effort.

The storybook has started, so you can start posting. My post is suggesting that everyone except Aksendrei and Kylar are aboard the ship, but you can have your character leave the ship if you wish.

The airship will either aid the attack on Harroglaw or Oskaggar. But it's the Emperor's decision, not the main characters', so there will be no discussion of that in the story. So I'd like to know who would like to be involved in which front.

Oskaggar is a brutal collection of islands, cold and mountainous. Its armies consist mostly of savage humans, backed up by a number of similarly savage creatures (giants, minotaurs, orks, etc). The leader, Karamaz, is a tyrannical dragon who has seized power from the kings of the Oskaggrite islands, who now serve as Karamaz' governors and captains.

Harroglaw is much darker, a forest land with mountainous land borders (it is also quite warm, due to its position on the Peninsula). Its armies consist largely of horrific creatures, including undead, though most are simply corpses controlled by telekinetic sorcerors (sorcery is a common "gift" among Harroglites, though the country is so isolated and reviled that few get to use their gift in the outside world). Humans make up roughly half of the Harroglite army. The Harroglite leader is Amnash, a grey-skinned undead sorceror whose many past resurrections have earned him the title of the arch-enemy. The Necromancers of Harroglaw form a Necromantic council, speaking to the spirits of the dead so that they can serve as advisors to Amnash.
The sorcerous arts practiced in Harroglaw are forbidden in every other major civilisation.

39 Reviews

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:22 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

oskaggar (mostly cause my characters are more adapt to mountains terrain from where they lived)
Last edited by Bloo on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:24 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

Oskaggar, since Kylar has ties to that region.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:02 pm
View Likes
evanrith says...

oskagarr because well gremlins seem apropriat in the mointains.
The diffrence of a ingnorant person and a wise person isn't what they have been through but what they have been through and how much they have learned from it.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:53 pm
View Likes
Rubric says...

Well I was gonna vote for Harroglaw, because then my character might run into someone from her family, but Oskaggar has a rather rustic appeal. Jalliveri has also never tasted Ogre so she votes for Oskaggar.

Is the gremlin a member of the Lionhearts? If so will he need help to be introduced? If no Jalliveri's at a good point to help, just having abandoned Darrok to the younglings.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:10 am
View Likes
Rubric says...

Ok Gremlin's introduced himself but we seem to be having a little bit of trouble keeping our facts in order.

Originally there were 3 intruders, who were humans and later refferred to as nulls, which is fine as that wouldnt affect their appearance.

Then we decided they were Drakos for some reason. Just because they're chasing a Drako and they work for a dragon doesnt mean they're drakos, but that's too late to change.

Then the gremlin decides one of the null-drakos wasnt actually a drako at all, but was actually his character the gremlin, who was a prisoner of the drakos and went with them into enemy territory to storm a ship.

Ugh.

So here we go: me cleaning it up. Either stick to these facts or come up with a better set of facts: either way discuss on the discussion page.

The leader of the 3 Nulls was a Drako, the other two were humans.
Malic Legem, a prisoner of the Nulls, had been imprisoned out of sight somewhere in the city. However, because the Nulls were going to leave the city right after catching Kylar, they needed to take their first prisoner with them. They couldnt leave him somewhere else, because they didnt have anyone to spare: all 3 would be required to take on Kylar.

The reason no-one has noticed Malic up until now is that he is under 4 foot tall and doesnt seem too imposing.

Jalliveri will let Aksendrei make his decision over the gremlin, she doesn't care. Gremlin tastes disgusting.

If there are any problems use the discussion thread or personal message.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:01 pm
Face Engine says...

I think the Drakos problem came where I referred to Kylar as a Drakos, because that's what his profile calls him. Clearly this caused some confusion, some people probably thought I was using "Drakos" as a plural of "Drako", and therefore assumed I was referring to the three intruders.

"Ugh. So here we go: me cleaning it up."

Here's a chill pill.

Seeing as I come online at a different time to most people in the storybook, it is difficult for me to solve problems like these before someone else does it for me. I will accept Rubric's version of events so that we can get the storybook moving without any more whining. If anyone does object to this, please say so here.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:03 am
evanrith says...

Would it help if i apolligized for me getting facts wrong i tried to keep them straight sorry.
The diffrence of a ingnorant person and a wise person isn't what they have been through but what they have been through and how much they have learned from it.

39 Reviews

50 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:41 pm
View Likes
Face Engine says...

Apologies accepted, but really it's not a big deal :)

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green