z

Young Writers Society

Uprising Discussion

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:19 am
Jiggity says...

Indeed.

I feel I should mention that the probability of our losing is actually very low, although its starting to get higher with each post lol.

We are not facing the entirety of the crew. Half of them, those that decided the Captain really wasn't right for them after all, are in a drugged sleep and it is via them that we shall be able to crew the ship. This means that we are facing only a small number of drunken individuals ( a number that was whittled down before the battle even begun with Eamon taking care of the sentries) and that, with all the minor skirmishes each character has had, we've probably killed twice over by now.

The battle is winding down. It is nearly over.

Write accordingly.

Cheers
Last edited by Jiggity on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 am
Lord Anzius says...

Sure thing Kitty :)
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

798 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 am
Jiggity says...

OverEasy did you get my message? I PM'd it to you to twice, not sure if its working though...its about my upcoming post. Just wanna check up on somethings regarding Lissa.

Cheers

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 am
Ego says...

Current Situation

As of Jiggity's last post, everything in the battle is resolved. The whole of the slave group is on the top deck now, taking care of the wounded and dumping the corpses of the slavers into the sea. Ballow is dead, as are a number of non-player slaves.

Our two newcomers, Stephixy and Reakeda, have found their way into the storybook rather seamlessly, will be joining the main group soon.

AS SUCH: No more evil slavers, no more fighting--for now.

What's next?

Jig and I have discussed where we should take the storybook from here, and we've come up with a scene that we think would fit the storybook well; if someone wants to write it, go ahead :) If not, then we won't use it. This is a group effort, and I want you to know that your feedback and advice means a lot to me in determining the direction of the plot. Communicate with me :)

The Scene

The fight is over. Bodies need dumped. Eamon is still hanging around, being himself--you know, untrustworthy. One of the former-slaves (whomever wants to write the post, known as the Instigator henceforth) doesn't trust him, and proposes that he be killed or chained up right away. This person manages to get some support from the others, whereas some are content knowing that he released them, and therefore he must be good. The two groups argue, and when the Instigator moves to act against Eamon, Dijon interferes, stating that it is too soon to be spilling more blood, and that everyone should rest on it. Eamon explains that the other crew-members are not to leave their quarters until morning, so they have a full night's rest ahead of them. From there the group can set watches, etc. If you'd like to write this scene, get together with myself or Jig to work it out!

I like the pace and direction the storybook is going guys, keep it up!

--D
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 pm
Rydia says...

The scene sounds good. Elias would be on Dijon's side. He quite liked Eamon.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 pm
View Likes
OverEasy says...

I got your messages :D Just I was sleeping.
Life is for living.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:39 am
Insomnia says...

Hey. I'm going out. Won't be back on until tomorrow evening, after I sleep. xD I just thought I'd post and say that if Kester is in any of the next posts, he does not want to associate with Deaven. He may not completely trust Eamon, but he thinks Deaven is an idiot. :P

See you guys. ;)

798 Reviews

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm
Jiggity says...

Ah, quick question - Anzius, who in the name of Gargamel were the random woman and child? Where did they come from? What business did they have in that place - they certainly didn't come from the battle site - and why would they be speaking to a half-dead man who had just staggered away from the aforementioned battle?

Please don't deviate from the accepted plot without discussing it here.

On another note, I came up with an idea - sanctioned by Dono - about "Community Characters". On a few occasions now, some people have made mention of random, unknown and non-player affiliated characters/slaves. As Anzius just recently did. When thinking on this, I realised there were benefits hidden in such characters and so I propose that together we come up with a small number of characters - work in pairs maybe, each coming up with a single character - and post their profiles here.

These characters will be owned by all of us and can be used at any time. The reason I think this is a good idea is because it allows our characters an outlet to speak to and interact with on a natural level. Thing is, there are bound to be characters in storybooks that normally, just wouldn't speak to one another - obviously such instincts are ignored for the benefit of the storybook and the characters are forced by their writers to speak to one another, generally resulting in bad dialogue, bad action, bad story and often, in bad feelings between writers who feel their characters have been abused.

The community character provides a different outlet. They are also convenient in that they can be killed of whenever we want and we can turn to them when various writers and their characters aren't available to us for a period of time.

Capische?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm
Rydia says...

An excellent idea, Jiggity. I think it's always helpful to have a couple of extras around so who wants to work on one with me? Just drop me a pm or say so here and we can exchange msn and see what we can come up with.
Writing Gooder

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:56 pm
Reakeda says...

Sounds like a great idea to me, Jig. On the roleplay forums I frequent we call them All Playable Characters (APCs) or Non-Personal Characters (NPCs) ;). Um.. Kitty, if you want to work with me on one add me on msn.

Also.. anyone wanting to work on characters interactions with me can add me on msn as well or yahoo.

MSN: knshell07@hotmail.com
Yahooo: knshell07

798 Reviews

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:11 pm
Jiggity says...

I added you both! Cos I'm made of win like that.

I also posted :p

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:58 am
OverEasy says...

After my next post Lissa is going to be catatonic again, please don't write dialogue for her into your post. She'll wake up again later, but I want to do a series of flash backs that are going to take a while. For that time she won't be able to respond... however if someone would like to write in that they have fed her, that'd be helpful.
Life is for living.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:52 am
LowKey says...

Back! Already have a couple of you on msn, so will see if any of you are still free for partnering up. Sorry I'm a day late in returning, had a series of unfortunate, winter-related events delaying out departure. Back now though. :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 pm
Insomnia says...

xD Kitty and I are working on a post together at the moment. She had to go, so I've posted what we have so far. Lucky it ends on a mildly suspenseful note. ;) We'll continue it some time soon, I hope. Until then, it might be better if no one interacts with us. Unless we don't see each other for a while. :P Anyway, thanks.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:23 pm
Rydia says...

I'm sure it won't be long before we bring it to a conclusion, I'm on msn pretty regular so if you just send a hey whenever you log on, I might actually be lurking XD

Also, Reakeda and I are now working on a character profile =)
Writing Gooder

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind