z

Young Writers Society

Uprising Discussion

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:38 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Sorry about the mistake in my post, I edited the last bit of my post so that it matches what ya'll have planned.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:04 am
LowKey says...

Recent events have been slightly confusing, so here’re the basics:

How Galea has the key, and how the labor slaves got out:

Deaven found a key in his food. Guards came down and picked Galea and Deaven for rowing duty and in their drunken state, brought them up instead of down, where Eamon killed them before leading Galea and Deaven back to the cell. Nobody knows Eamon's name. Deaven got clubbed up on the deck and while he was out, Galea picked the key from him. Eamon left to door to the cell unlocked, and the key unlocked the shackles of the slaves, giving them all the freedom they needed to wonder about the ship.

Trio:

Labor group first goes to the weaponry room, picking up their accessories for their clothes and any weapons that would suit them. During this time, Machavell, Videl, and Kester slip away from the group to go to the captain’s room. Nobody knows where they went or what they’re up to.

Exotic Break Out:

Lisa finds a key in her food and uses it to unlock the cells of the exotic slaves. The slaves get out and Ellias spots a box with weapons, courtesy of Eamon, we’re assuming. The group then heads up the stairs in the direction of the deck.

Labor Slaves meet Exotic Slaves:

Dijon (Bob) leads to group up in the direction of the deck, where the two groups of slaves meet each other. They team up and go out onto the deck where they meet Eamon. After some brief chit-chat between Dijon and Eamon, Dijon decides to do a quick walk around the ship to make sure the deck’s clear and there’s not a stray slaver wondering about. Shirin follows after Dijon agrees to her coming.

Currently:

Deaven and Galea are in the kitchens, Dijon and Shirin are scouting out, Machavell, Videl, Kester are on their way to the captain’s, and the rest of the group (Exotic slaves and the extra ones that nobody is playing) are up on the deck Eamon.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 am
Ego says...

Jig is posting Dijon's interpretation of the battle on deck. Everyone is welcome to chime in, but don't deviate too much form the structure, as this is what has been approved by myself. The fight is not to actually end until everyone has had a chance to post :)

Thanks!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:27 am
Jiggity says...

By the way,

The dark silhouette in my post was meant to be the Captain - not sure if that came across.

And, just to explain the reactions I gave to the other characters; I sent Deaven, Galea, Machavell and co, down a hatch, to escape from the onslaught atop the deck.

Because:

a) a Halfling, in reality, would probably be killed in an instant. As would a twice-whipped, very injured, slave suffering from malnutrition. No matter his skill.

[The slavers are drunk, yes, but they probably exist on a day-to-day basis drunk. Their motor skills will be affected but not by much.]

b) Machavell and Kester are manipulators and sly; the battlefield isn't their ground. And Videl seems to want to keep an eye on them, fighter though she is.

c) Dono told me that the Captain, after briefly witnessing the fight (hence the silhouette) would flee down into the holds with a Mage, to enact teleportation. Thus, I made sure to place you all down there.

d) No sooner had I done that though, then you were all back on the deck! Lol. If you disagree with how something has gone in my or anyone else's post, message me/them, or make a note of it here so it can be changed. This is a team story, yes? Continuity and realism are very, very important.

Machavell and co have managed to get to their destination regardless (although the skilled and deadly guardsmen that followed you all into the hatch seems to have vanished into thin air) and so that's good. Thankfully their out of the way (which is another reason Dono and I decided most of you needed to be away from the deck; to give the experienced fighters space) and that's going to plan.

But I remain a perfectionist. So try to keep everything as continuous and realistic as possible. If that means taking an injury or something of that nature, then do it. No doubt Dijon will be collecting some new scars from these travails. Again, if you disagree with anything you see or are confused by some actions and unsure of where to take it, post here or send us messages.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 am
LowKey says...

Ahhhkay.

Plan sounds fine, Anzius and I rolled with it and popped Galea and Deaven back below. MVK trio -- they're with us now? Along with the captain and Mage? If so, I can edit my post to fit it, but I thought they were off deck, but in a different room.

So confusing! But fixable. Leaving for the mountains tomorrow, so would like to solve any problem (if there is one) tonight, if possible and convenient. :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:04 am
View Likes
Ego says...

The Captain, Tiernan, and the Trio are in the captain's cabin--be that below decks or on the other side of the main deck, it doesn't matter, truly.

However--I'd like to make it perfectly clear that if anyone is falling asleep on the ship during this battle, it's because their throat has been slit and they are falling into the sleep of death.
Got YWS? I do.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:46 pm
Jiggity says...

XD

Who's falling asleep?

EDIT: Oh, I just saw.

And, er, well. I don't know what to say.

Sleeping in the middle of a raging, drunken melee of death is perfectly acceptable. I'm sure everything will turn out rosey and there will be unicorns and fairies and all manner of other, affiliated Happy Ending-Related nonsense.

*head/desk*
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:23 pm
Fand says...

Happy-Ending Related? Acronym 'HER?' How delightfully sexist of you, Jigs. Some of us prefer satyrs to unicorns and rainstorms to rainbows. :P

Please feel free to include Shirin in posts, people! She's somewhat at odd-ends while on the ship; she has no real natural place or function there. She might not be overly eager to speak to you, but she'll certainly interact.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Okay so, I am now keeping Dreamers character in the story as well as I can, if anyone cares to help at any point they are more than welcome to do so. :D

So Charlie II created a pickle for Machavel, and as I had already posted in the story, Deaven was going to head for Machavel anyways, so might as well do it like this:

He and Galea are under deck. They hear an explosion (spell.) Run to the origin of this weird sound, see Machavel, Videl and friends on ground and try and help.

If it needs editing, pm me immediately. :)
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm
View Likes
Insomnia says...

Okay, the three of us obviously posted at around the same time, so the plotline's been muddied a bit. Um, a lot, then. Anzius, this is what was supposed to happen:

When the fighting above deck starts, the Captain will head toward his cabin. Your trio will spot him and pursue--by the time they catch him, though, he will have gathered up the ship's war-wizard, a mage of no small repute by the name of Tiernan--Machavel knows of him from his time in Waterdeep. Tiernan spirits Raynor away via a teleport spell, then turns on the Trio and lets loose a (relatively) small fireball in Raynor's cabin, singed eyebrows and clothing hems trailing wisps of smoke abound. Many nautical charts and devices are ruined in the process, and both Tiernan and Raynor escape.

And I was just talking to Charlie on MSN before I posted, so this was the basis to my post:

Machavell, Kester and Videl will all survive. Although Machavell thinks he failed, he did the best he could. The enchantment was far more powerful than he, but his action contains the spell (to a degree)The enchantment is greatly weakened, but all its force is directed towards Machavell. Also, Tiernan will want to be teleporting away whilst you do whatever you wanna do

So, hopefully that clears everything up for everyone? Just tell me if you have any problems with this.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 am
Ego says...

Does Light_Devil read the Discussion Thread?

*shrugs*

Oh well. If by tomorrow morning (pacific time) the post is not fixed, Ballow's "sleep" will be because he's been overwhelmed and killed by the slavers.

You're all witnesses that I gave fair warning.
Got YWS? I do.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:20 am
FinalFreedom says...

Alright, sorry about my post then, I wasn't aware that Machavell would be the one taking the brunt of it :P
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 am
OverEasy says...

For those of you that don't know Lissa is *not* actually crazy. Her body is physically reliant on the forest, technically she should be dead right now, and for reason unknown to her (although not unknown to me ;)) she remains alive. Still being away from her natural habitat has been really hard on her still.

She is literally bound to land, so being on the open ocean is not good for her even if it won't kill her. Once they reach land again, she will be fine, until then she is going to be in and out. Right now, her adrenalin is keeping her focused. That and she just ate... so that's helping.

She won't *always* be crazy though :D the craziness is temporary.

EDIT: Also, her blood is in fact green. She is part of the forest as much as it is part of her. Her blood also has special abilities, however those will be disclosed later. Nothing like acidy blood though lol.
Life is for living.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 pm
Ego says...

As of my next post, Ballow is dead--Anzius, if you want to be talking to the gargoyle, that would be Elias, the not asleep monster played by Kitty15. The DEAD half-demon Ballow is not sleeping at all, but is, in fact, dead.
Got YWS? I do.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm
Rydia says...

Anzius, would you mind editing your post? Only, we posted at a similar time and I sort of moved Elias (who wasn't sleeping to repeat Dono's point) over to where Shirin is. Thanks!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert