z

Young Writers Society

Ink and Tongue DT

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:55 pm
Maybe says...

Here's the discussion thread for Ink and Tongue. If you want to discuss anything about the book (as few spoilers if possible, if any, please) that ties in with the storybook, or the storybook itself, ask/discuss away here.

Character List:

Maybe:
-Arziloret "Zilo" or "Z". A 16-year-old boy who works as both a servant in the Laughing Prince's Castle and as a Guide. Shaggy brown hair, dark green eyes, and skinny. Optimistic and a bit naive. Belongs to the Motley Folk, adoptive son (in a way) to Embertongue and older brother to Jestella.
-Skyler Darcs "Embertongue". A 26-year-old fire-eater that travels and performs with Jestella, his adopted daughter (in a way). Dirty-blond hair, blue eyes, and a few burn marks on his face, chest and arms. A compulsive liar, but loyal to those he loves. Belongs to the Motley Folk and Shifting Shadows and has a pet marten named Prick.

October Girl:
-Baylanna "Bailee". A 23-year-old human (occupation unknown). Black hair, purple eyes, pale skin. Good at hiding her weapons. Sweet unless pushed to the limit. Groups unknown, if any.

Dr. Jamie Bondage:
-Cara. An 18-year-old fire-eater. Fiery short hair, puppy-dog eyes, gold skin. Has a bad temper, and only has slight control over the fire. Has a pet fire-elf. Sister to Cameron.
-Cameron. A 20-year-old fire-eater. Shaggy red hair, gold eyes, gold skin. Calm and caring, and only has slight control over the fire. Has a pet fire-elf. Brother to Cara.

[jacob]blackisthenewpink:
-Christening Talbot "Girl of Grace" or just "Grace". A 17-year-old fire-eater. Glossy black hair, brown eyes, ivory skin. Optimistic and perhaps too trusting. Belongs to the Motley Folk, and has a glassman named Jonah as a companion. Very graceful.

Billy:
-Jason. A 20-year-old fire-eater. Long black hair, green eyes, and tall. A born trouble-maker. Limited control over the fire. Groups unknown, if any.

kitty15:
-Sir Polonius Hawk "Cyril Miles". A 43-year-old human who works as a scribe, and secretly as a warrior. White-blond hair, average height, and wears glasses. He comes across as a silly, flamboyant man who loves writing. Belongs to the Shifting Shadows. Good with a sword, high pain tolerance.
-The Lost Princess "Kiara". A 19-year-old human who was once a Royal, but ran away to look for her lost father. Long white-blond hair, blue eyes, and a slim build. Fierce and stubborn, but lonely and lost as well. Has a chestnut horse named Lotus as a companion.

Rubric:
-Raven Tanner. A 23-year-old human peasant (occupation unknown). Dark hair, green eyes, and tanned. A bit grim and macabre, but enjoys justice. Has belonged to (and still does belong to?) the Motley Folk and Shifting Shadows. Has a black mare named Elaine as a companion.

ambercoultis:
-Shadow Princess. A 19-year-old Royal fire-eater. Appearance changes, depending on who she is trying to be. Is reasonably good at speaking to fire. Belongs to both the Motley Folk and Shifting Shadows.

RoryLegend:
-Charis. A 20-year-old human peasant who works as a thief. Long dark hair, blue eyes, and a tattoo between her shoulder blades. Mischievous and has a free spirit. On good terms with the Shifting Shadows.

Bella:
-Isabella. A 24-year-old Outsider that has been in the Inkworld for a very short amount of time. Brown hair, brown eyes, and slender. Outgoing but easily frightened and shy when scared.

Firestar:
-Nevik. A 19-year-old human (class/occupation unknown). Shaggy black hair, blue eyes, and slim. Persistent, loyal, clever and cautious.

Those are all the characters we have at the moment. As for meeting up...how about the Inn of Strolling Players the day after this storybook starts (not our days, our characters' days). So that gives you time to meet who you want to before it starts, and travel there. Fair enough?

After I post this, I'm going to go and work on my first post. So get ready!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Just for the first post and my character here goes. There's a ball as the humans call it and here's the invite.

*Really important. It really determins what the Shadow princess's name is.*

We welcome you to the costume ball

Nothing before try ed. We wish invite everyone. Everyone. We mean everyone. Now go tell all. Don't hide it. On the day of our beautiful disappearing princess's birthday. Someone may name her if they are to get her to show interest. *yada yada yada*

_The laughing prince
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:34 pm
RoryLegend says...

hey sorry I have been gone...is everyone still at the inn? What is going on?? Ah help me!
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.
— Bernard Malamud