Young Writers Society

The Circus DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:11 am
View Likes
~Volant~ says...

Everything will be discussed here. So far, here are our characters:

Dent (~Volant~): A young boy, 14, works as the janitor. A loyal companion and good friend. raggedly cut black hair and pale green eyes. A little escape artist. Has no idea that Lark likes him. Is very affectionate towards Kaiya. Hates Dragon.

Rogue (OctoberGril): A girl, 15, works as a freak. Thin, with long black hair and attractive blue eyes. Doesn't eat a lot. Has strange visions and stitches all over her body.

Chase (Billy): A boy, 15, another rebel/escape artist. Longish black hair and light brown eyes. Argumentative, extreme fear of clowns. Is all skin and bones, starved because of his rebellious nature.

Flip (Firestar): A boy, 14, wiry with gray eyes, blond hair, and tan skin. Sad, but never cries, hardly realizes he's not treated well. A contortionist and has a strange talent to be able to move each eye independantly and in opposite directions.

Cowboy (RoryLegend): (DECEASED) A boy, 17, so far the oldest. Blond hair and blue eyes. Watches over the younger ones. Rebellious and not afraid of Rusty. Helps setting up and taking down tents and such, but officially works the lighting. Nothing keeps him back but the kids. Deaf in one ear. In love with Jewel. Was murdered by the gypsy Kya, his adopted mother.

Lark (summergirl13): A girl, 14, has a crush on Dent. Is a little rude at times, but prefers listening to talking. Physcic powers with deadly accuracy. Shortish, with brown hair and blue eyes. Isn't truly happy.

Jester (Maybe): A boy, 16. Unlike the others, he is very happy in the circus. Dark brown hair, blue-grey eyes, has an odd attire of clothes. Almost everyone likes him, except Rusty and the clowns. Most of the kids look up to him. Assistant to the lion tamer and sometimes a contortionist. Fear of heights and spiders. A scar on his chest (hardly ever seen) from one of the lions.

Jewel (LilyReagan): (DECEASED) A gril, 15, found on a railroad track. Has a metallic tattoo of a star on her forehead. Long red hair and blue eyes. Plays piano, likes to write her own music. Can also play with her feet and takes requests from the audience. Hopes one day to run away and leave the circus forever. In love with Cowboy. Killed by a nameless gypsy.

Adeline (Vampy_Girl15): A girl, 15. A very bubbly attitude, has good friends in the circus. Very pretty, with long black hair and saphirre-blue eyes. Sometimes Rusty takes advantage of her (Just remember to keep it pg, Vampy...haha) and threatens her not to tell. Was sold to the circus when she was ten. Tightrope walker. Has a scar on her arm from when rusty put out a cigar on her.

Kaiya (Firearris): a girl, 14. Has red eyes, red wings, and red hair. Contortionist and hates it. was sold to the circus by her parents, and so is slow to trust. Also cleans up after the show.

Dragon (cat4prowl): A boy, 16, half-Asian. Works with fire in a sideshow. Is quiet, but when he makes friends, he becomes a real troublemaker. Ran away from home to join the circus looking for adventure. Has many scars from his fire shows. Hates Dent.
Last edited by ~Volant~ on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Where are we going?

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 am
October Girl says...

don't worry alot of people with join tomorrow... or the next day ^_^ great storybook by th way
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

93 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:31 am
~Volant~ says...

hey, FireArris: Can Dent have a crush on your character? haha. It'd be fun, since I'm so clueless to Lark's affection...
Where are we going?

93 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 am
~Volant~ says...

one quick announcement, because I keep forgetting too:

Rusty is a nickname we've given him behind his back. His actual name is Master Red, and he doesn't know about his nickname. If you call him Rusty to his face, you can get in a lot of trouble, and, reading back on all our posts, we've all agreed that getting in trouble with Rusty is not fun. haha.
Where are we going?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:36 am
Firestar says...

Thanks!! I was actually just wondering about that.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:27 am
Firestar says...

Why don't we "kill" Rusty literally or figuratively?
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

93 Reviews

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:02 pm
~Volant~ says...

haha. He's dead. Now we have other people to worry about, also....namely, policemen....haha.
Where are we going?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:54 am
LilyReagan says...

Sorry I died, guys.... I felt obligated, though....
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."
~Anonymous

Nulla dies sine linea. --Not a day without a line

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant