z

Young Writers Society

Laurguay Island OOC

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:27 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

And now that all our guests have RSVPed, we are happy to announce that communications will begin to determine who the future murderer may be. A random generator is being used, and a random generator will also be used when determining which guest or servant dies. In the meantime, I will be compiling a list of all those employed at Laurguay Island and send that out shortly for your convenience. Also, rest assured-- the murderer will be a writer, not an NPC.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:50 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Attention, esteemed guests:

The killer has been made aware of their identity. Everyone else has been made aware that they are not the killer. This is a reminder to not disclose this information with anyone, whether in the OOC or through any private communications. Please keep it fun for everybody! :]
he/she/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

its me, im the killer
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:21 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Esteemed guests, please rest assured that the murderer is not @Omni. XD shoo you
he/she/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:47 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Sorry, but how do we submit our profiles again? In the OOC chat or via PMs?
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

33 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:49 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

In the roleplay realm, you generally submit your character in your first post, in spoilers. Great question! I'll be putting up profiles of the staff soon, I just need to locate their files (totally have them made already, yep >.>)
he/she/they

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:05 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

(I just wanted to ask when we’d be starting. I’m working on a very different time zone from America so I may delay in my posts and I just want to be as aware as possible so I can do my best to keep my role participating.)
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

33 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:26 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

(Hey! Great question. I'm going to be working on servant profiles while y'all all work on your character profiles. Once you complete your character profile, if you could put it in here in spoilers, that would be awesome. I'll then edit the first post to include all the character profiles so they're easy to locate for everyone! In terms of posting, there might not necessarily be an order, but everyone will need to go each "morning" and "night" of a day, which means that everyone will definitely get a chance to post each round! And, if anything ever gets too much and anyone feels like they need to drop out, we have the perfect circumstances to do so. It might be a little more complicated for the murderer, so murderer, if you feel like there's any reason that role should be reassigned, I can redo the random assigner without your name in it and resend out the roles.

For intro posts, I would love to just see an introduction to your character! I'd prefer as little back-tracking as possible-- where everybody describes the same exact thing happening-- so including a paragraph or two of background on your charrie, how they got there, etc. would be awesome! This first round of posts can be longer than the usual roleplay realm post, and tip over into storybook length if any of you want that, but you are not required by any means, and once we get into exploring, there will be no need for posts to be longer like that.)
he/she/they

33 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:54 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Esteemed guests, in the first post, there is now a character profile sheet that I apparently forgot to include originally. Apologies, it has been fixed! As always, let me know any questions you have or accommodations you may require for your stay.
he/she/they

56 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:49 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Here's my character. You did want us to put our character bios here, right?

Spoiler! :
Name: Gabriella "Gabby" Birdman
Pronouns: she/her
Role: Athlete

Appearance: 5'11'' (180 cm), light tawny skin, curly dark brown hair (3C curls) that is usually pulled back into a braid/bun. (When it's not in a ponytail it hangs down just below her collarbone.) Wide light brown eyes ringed with a teal-ish color, large-ish rounded nose, full lips. Lean, solid muscle everywhere with a couple of tattoos sprinkled around her skin. Big hands, big feet, visible veins on her forearms. In her normal day-to-day life she wears athletic clothes like sports bras, tank tops, gym shorts, light hoodies, tennis shoes, plus a few bracelets on her left arm (non-dominant) -- casual and comfortable stuff. For more fancy locations (like at this island estate) she wears designer dresses, usually a little revealing, with accessories to match. She's currently wearing dark blue acrylic nails, diamond earrings, and some basic makeup (mascara, natural eyeliner, lip gloss, etc).

Personality/lifestyle: She's confident, amiable, and competitive. As a stand-out player in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA), Gabby owes her success to a mix of hard work and talent. She's a great basketball player, and she knows it. Basketball is a HUGE part of her life; she trains every day and even at the island she'll still do her exercise. Basketball is her passion, and she's hecka competitive - not just in sports but in everything she does. She'll take almost any bet, do it, and then challenge you to try. Gabby likes to win, and if she doesn't she gets a little sour. Outside of basketball she's got other hobbies. Social media is her outlet; she spends tons of time on Instagram and TikTok, posting something every day. Normally those posts range from random thought dumps, practice videos, and not-so-subtle thirst traps. To a certain extent Gabby is vain; she likes looking good, showing off her body and her skills. There have been times she's had to scale back her showiness to "preserve her public image," but she tests it from time to time. She doesn't like forcing people, herself included, into boxes just for the sake of other people.
Strengths: She's very physically fit, and she's great in social situations. Even though she needs some time to recharge, she shines at parties and can keep a conversation going for hours. She's genuinely funny when she wants to be, and she's great at being friendly and making friends. She likes lifting the people she likes up, and she's usually down to do anything; she's adventurous and not afraid of new things. Plus, she's almost always cool under pressure, a skill that years of basketball gave her.
Weaknesses: She's a tad narcissistic, which also means she's a tad insecure. (The two go hand in hand.) To a certain extent she has to be the best. Normally Gabby can stay in check, but she's got trigger points: accuse her of being something she isn't and she'll snap. She's working on her temper in the face of the press, but she can hold anger simmering under the surface, and she holds grudges. Despite her sociability, Gabby tends to flee from romantic intimacy.

History: Gabby started playing basketball when she was young, fooling around with her friends on courts in the neighborhood. Going into high school, she played on her school team and earned a reputation as a prodigy, attracting college scouts. Even under 6'', Gabby was a force on the court, showcasing raw skill and talent, and scouts recognized it. Several schools offered her scholarships, including the University of Florida, which sported a Division 1 basketball team. In eleventh grade Gabby committed to Florida and stayed there for four years, earning adequate grades while riding high on the Gators' team.

After graduating college, Gabby was recruited for the WNBA's Washington Mystics, where she played for two years before being traded onto Atlanta Dream, her current team. Overall she's played professionally for four years. No matter where she's played, Gabby's stayed a powerhouse player, versatile on the court but usually playing offensively. She trains hard, keeps a (normally) clean, positive presence in the public eye, and has a great standing in the WNBA. And Gabby's not looking to slow down any time soon.

Secret: Gabby's a virgin. It's something that's embarrassed her especially as she's gotten older. Secretly, the idea of sex sort of disgusts her, and she's stayed out of relationships for fear they'll ask to go that extra step. She likes acting sexy as a sort of cosplay, though.

Other: Some time ago Gabby injured her ankle, taking her out of the game for a few weeks. She's since fully recovered and is playing as hard as ever. The ankle is still a bit of a weak spot (sometimes it rolls and it's painful), but overall she lives like the injury never happened. Nothing slows Gabby down -- not for long, anyway.
Last edited by JoyDark on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

33 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:13 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

That is correct! You will also include your character profile in your first post. In the meantime, Gabby looks splendid! (Question: how did she get into the WNBA being so short in comparison to everyone else? She must be an extremely good shot XD)
he/she/they

33 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:22 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

(I'm totally not a complete mess right now; my brain is definitely not scrambled. But--) apologies, esteemed guests! It appears I forgot to include a place for you to talk about the history of your character. If you wish to include that for others to know or for you to develop it yourself, you are certainly welcome to do so! We look forward to receiving your autobiographies.
he/she/they

33 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:22 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

The character library is up! @JoyDark, if you're ready for me to put Gabby in the character library I am more than happy to do so, just let me know.
he/she/they

56 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:32 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

@winterwolf0100, I might add a bit more history to the character profile. Plus I’ll probably edit some stuff after seeing the staff profiles - they look great, by the way!
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:58 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Here is Mr. Lawyer Janus Sheffield! I added a little bit of history, but he's a private man, so some things are still a mystery to the public.

Spoiler! :
Name: Janus Sheffield
Pronouns: He/him
Role: Lawyer

Appearance: Janus has neat brown hair and heavy square glasses that magically stay on the middle of his nose. His eyes are dark brown, and he's usually wearing his signature crooked grin. He has broad shoulders from his time on the football team and a long, jagged scar across his knee. For casual wear, he sticks to patterned button-ups and black jeans. But, he's usually wearing a black fitted suit and a cream-colored tie.
Personality: Janus is a smooth-talker and always knows exactly what to say to make people angry. He's perpetually calm, almost infuriatingly so, with a voice just level enough to make you want to calm down or bash your head in. He's almost always reading some pretentious novel or stalking Supreme Court updates. Some say he talks like the fae, speaking in so many layers of half-truths and misdirections that it's impossible to tell who he is behind his constant Lawyer Persona TM.
Strengths: Janus is a good debater. He knows how to keep track of and manipulate facts. He can paint a thousand pictures with his words. He's a lawyer; that's how he keeps the lights on. However, he also has some leftover strength from his college football days. He's nowhere as strong as he used to be, but he's a bit better off than the average bear.
Weaknesses: He is so pretentious and nonchalant that it can drive people insane. (And probably will, considering someone is literally dead.)

History: Janus suddenly rose to public attention about five years into his career, where he successfully prosecuted a murder that everyone was sure would get away scot-free. Since then, he has participated in some truly famous cases that keep him in the public eye. Those that have worked with him know he graduated from Stanford with a Bachelor's in Political Science and Government and then completed his J.D at Harvard Law School. Other than that, the public is very uninformed regarding Janus's childhood.

Secret: Janus may or may not have committed a bit of tax fraud. If you ask, he'll vehemently deny it. But is he telling the truth? Well, that's for him to know and you to all find out.
Other: Janus is incredibly private about his life outside the courtroom and will bluntly ignore anyone who asks about it.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu