z

Young Writers Society

Laurguay Island OOC

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:42 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

We are excited about your stay Mr. Sheffield! We will update your information into the character library once we have access to a computer.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:45 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:52 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Adelaide Potterstone
Pronouns: she/her
Role: General (General of the Air Force)

Appearance: About 5'8". Pale skin that is usually tanned because of how much time she spends outside. She looks a couple of years younger than she is, but the small wrinkles (and the Motley Crue tattoo on her shoulder) give her away. Adelaide has dirty blonde hair that she did dye until she was 32. It's light grey now. She has one chipped tooth towards the back which she got a week ago. Adelaide wears jeans and Old Navy-esque shirts when she isn't in uniform. Tonight she's wearing dark blue jeans, a white buttoned-down shirt, a beige jacket and beige slip-on tennis shoes. Her hair is down, her nails are unpainted, and her only jewelry is her wedding ring and necklace with a B-17 bomber charm hanging from it.
Personality: Very serious except for a little dark sense of humor. She has two kids and is in the Air Force so anytime someone slouches or steps out of line she tends to call it out. Despite how she may appear, she loves an old romance movie (Roman Holiday, anyone?) when she gets the chance to watch one.
Strengths: Adelaide is as physically strong as a 56-year-old mom can be. She's decently smart, is handy with tools, and is good with plane/vehicle and their pieces identification. She'll come to the defense of anyone who has been nice to her.
Weaknesses: Do NOT cross Adelaide. If you're mean to her, she'll be mean back (she has an eye for an eye mentality.) Yet, she may come off as demanding/rude. She hates to make decisions without clear instructions or a plan and she gets tired more easily than younger guests.

Secret: Adelaide was a champion fencer when she was in high school and college. She would have made it to the Olympics had she not wanted to go to college then to the Air Force. She hasn't practiced fencing lately but she still does remember how to use a sword.

History: I'm gonna do this in bullet point form so I can organize this right.

- Adelaide Potterstone was born outside of Charlottesville, VA to a public defender and local restaurant owner. She had three siblings (one older brother, two younger brothers).
- Her house was in the path oncoming planes to Charlottesville–Albemarle Airport took, which is what got her hooked on aviation.
- Her mother, the lawyer, was the one who convinced her to start fencing when she was 14. Mrs. Potterstone claimed it would make her look more enticing to colleges.
- When she was eighteen, she qualified for the Summer Olympics but gave it up when she was accepted into UVA on a fencing scholarship.
- Adelaide met her husband, Wilson, at a local coffee shop at UVA. Surprisingly, the both fenced, although Wilson quit fencing tournaments before college. They eloped the summer of Junior year and she kept her last name.
- After UVA, Adelaide applied to and was accepted as an officer in the Air Force and her and Wilson moved to a apartment in Washington D.C. Her first child, Liam, was born five years later, and her second, Beatrice, was born seven years later.
- She didn't see active duty until 1999, during the Bosnian War, when she was one of the airmen chosen to fly for NATO. She won several metals for her valor but it was decided she was too old (~33 years) to see active combat again. She moved into a large, brick townhouse with a nice backyard within months after, which she still lives in to this day.
- Adelaide worked her way up the ranks to become General of the Air Force. She is the youngest ever by a couple of years. She still holds that position.
- Recently, Wilson retired as a successful heart surgeon. Liam graduated from law school and has worked at a plaintiff firm for a couple of years now. He is married with one kid. Beatrice is working as a journalist at a famous news network and is preparing to become a news anchor on their nationwide TV show. Wilson and Adelaide have three dogs (two Labradors, one Great Dane).

...Everything was going fine until Adelaide received an invitation in the mail.

Other: N/A

Here you are! After accidentally deleting most of this last night I have finally rewritten it. :)

33 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Wonderful! Both of your information sheets have been added to the library. (Also, so sorry it deleted it on you looseleaf! That's always extremely frustrating!)
he/she/they

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:10 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Stella Cooper
Role: Actor

Appearance: Stella js on the shorter side standing at just around 5' 4". She currently has an unnatural blonde color on her hair from a recent role but it is slowly turning to her natural brown at the roots. Her eyes are a pretty normal brown most of the time although she does use slightly blue tinted contacts most of the time instead of her glasses. Her glasses are pretty simple black ones that she only wears if she has to. She's on the thinner side with not much in the muscle department. Often wearing some sort of dress.
Personality: Stella is a bit of an acquired taste as a person. She's not the nicest person in general, being a little blunt and having little in the form of empathy. While she does sometimes care for people she has a hard time showing it and often she resorts to her default mode of just being generally rude to everyone and acting like she's a step above everyone. Part of this is due to her insane competitiveness and her belief that this is the way forward. Her timing being the young sweetheart in films is reaching its end and she thinks turning into this different person is her way forward in the industry, but then even without that, she was never really the kindest of people. The only time she is mildly tolerable is when she's doing an interview or she's talking to someone that holds some sort of power over her. Give her the upper hand and she will most probably try and walk all over you.
Strengths: She's very good at what she does, which means if she doesn't want you to, you will absolutely never know what she's actually thinking or feeling. Her competetive nature and drive to be the best means she doesn't give up easily either.
Weaknesses: She has a hard time making genuine friends because she often destroys relationships well before they can form. She'd never tell a living soul this but it makes her a bit lonely sometimes.

Secret: Rumor has it that some of her more infamous tempter tantrums stem from an overuse of a certain beverage. Is it true? Time might tell...but then again it might not.

History: Stella grew up in a pretty well to do house, her mother being a successful actress herself and her father being a pretty wealthy business. She was taught from a pretty young age to care mostly only about herself and to manipulate one's way to the top. Growing up mostly in that society there was no ever around to tell her she was doing anything wrong and she grew up like she did.

With her mother's connections she was already acting at the age of nine and when the tv show she joined ended up blowing up far more than anyone expected, well it was pretty much a given where her life was going. It took her a few years to really catch a proper break on the big screen but once she did, she became popular rather quickly. That only really added to her already not so great personality.

Somewhere around the age of 24 when she was really getting a lot of projects that those rumors started. That eventually led to a series of events that ultimately have resulted in her arriving here on this island/

Other: Nothing for the moment.

Here's the Actor finally xD She is officially meaner than my like worst villain.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:10 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The CEO!
Spoiler! :
Name: Dakota Landsing
Pronouns: they/them
Role: CEO

Appearance: Tall (around 6'4"), short black hair with streaks of gray, always looks professional. Dakota has clear brown eyes that seem to pierce right through your secrets. They can seem intimidating when they just have a neutral expression, but they always make their best effort to smile when they see their employees. Dakota always wears a fancy silver watch that they claim is a family heirloom, and they prefer to dress in suits and loafers. They're currently wearing a navy blue suit that's neat and wrinkle-free.
Personality: Confident, charismatic, optimistic. Tries their best to be welcoming, and is a pro at networking with people. Has a great memory for faces and names.
Strengths: Outgoing, enjoys talking to people, good at motivating their employees. Dakota is experienced at finding problems and solving them, as well as delegating tasks and keeping things organized.
Weaknesses: Enjoys luxury a bit too much... always has to have the latest fashion. Dakota also doesn't deal well with dirt or messy places, and they keep hand sanitizer on them at all times. They don't enjoy physical contact much and can be reserved about their life outside of work.

History: Dakota grew up in a life of luxury, but after their father risked most of the family's fortune on a bad investment, they were suddenly plunged into a life of hardship. From the age of seven, Dakota lived in a house where the adults were nearly always fighting over money, and where their siblings worked as soon as they were able. To this day, mold and raised voices make Dakota wince and go quiet for a time. They resolved to never lack money again, and they set their sights on the position they thought offered the most potential for a better life: CEO.

Dakota studied as much as they could in school while working a part-time job at a taco shop. They showed a good mind for both numbers and dealing with people, and rose to assistant manager at the shop by the end of high school. Soon enough, though, they left their hometown behind and majored in Business Administration and Management at Harvard. Once they got their degree, they didn't look back.

Dakota launched themself into the business world and impressed their managers with their intelligence and ability to lead teams of people. They eventually gained a position as the CEO of Miss Reagan Lowe's nonprofit: Chicks for Children. The nonprofit focuses on pets as a way to improve the mental wellbeing of underprivileged children, as well as to teach them life skills such as responsibility and caring for others. Although the nonprofit started with chickens as the main pets, it has since branched out to puppies, hamsters, and a variety of other animals. Under Dakota's leadership, the nonprofit has gained a global reach.

Secret: Dakota married their childhood sweetheart eight years ago, but they divorced three years ago, after Dakota had been the CEO of Chicks for Children for a year. Their spouse felt that Dakota valued the company more than their relationship. In response to the divorce, Dakota threw themself into their work, but developed even more of a craving for the latest luxuries. It's rumored that Dakota's bank accounts are getting rather low due to all their overspending.

Other: Their parents traveled to South Dakota for their honeymoon. Dakota's name is a painful reminder of what could have been, had their parents stayed as happy as they were then.

Not me naming the nonprofit "Chicks for Children" just for the alliteration... >.> xD
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

33 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:11 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Moonglade, @Plume, @JoyDark, there is no pressure but we eagerly await your arrival at Laurguay Island! How are your profiles coming along? Joy, I know you wanted to edit yours slightly. Let me know when you're satisfied and I will happily add Gabby to the character library!
he/she/they

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:09 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Name: Senior Dr Joyce Rutherford
Pronouns: She/Her
Role: The Doctor

Appearance: Joyce has long blonde hair and a beautiful gold locket, a family heirloom first crafted in the 13th century as a present to the wife of Sir Thomas Rutherford by the the king, Andrew of Starmire. She has glowing greys eyes like moonlit ponds and tries their best to always smile and promote a good attitude in the room. She is mentally and physically strong, she is quite small at around 5”7’ and has a pasty, white scar on one arm from when she was a child. Outside of work she usually prefers a white blouse and a skirt but she is currently wearing a floral dress and stockings.
Personality: Joyce is bland and emotionless. She has a deep connection to pain. She has survived a lot of misery during her life, that pain is something that she has never been able to let go. It is one of her main motivations. She became a doctor so that other people wouldn’t need to experience that much pain. She is clever and thinks things through, she would not hesitate to do something for herself that might hurt others if it will benefit her.
Strengths: She is a very strong woman and has a very big tolerance of pain. She is not afraid of the unknown and walks into situations prepared to cope through anything that life could throw at her. She also has a very good training in medical aid and can perform surgery in a trained manner.
Weaknesses: She struggles to understand other’s emotions and finds herself weak and useless when people are struggling mentally.

Secret: At the age of 7, Joyce, was diagnosed with physcopathy. She still exhibits some cold actions but she has learnt through therapy how to do things in a correct manner. She tries her best to hide it and usually only a trained eye would notice.

Other: Joyce is married to Robin Wilbur King. The marriage was arranged by her late parents.
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:10 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

(Sorry. It’s a little late. It got deleted like two times when I was typing it up.

I sadly won’t be able to contribute this weekend. I will be on a sports tour till Monday.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:23 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Presenting... the Politician! Sorry for the delay!

Spoiler! :
Name: Senator Donna Pierce
Role: The Politician

Appearance: Donna stands at 5'5" with a midsize build and has large blue eyes, thin lips, light skin, and a sandy brown pixie cut starting to go grey. She's known for her colorful & quirky pantsuits and smart-looking glasses. She wears minimal jewelry except for her wedding ring and sometimes small earrings.
Personality: Both friendly and fierce, Donna is a force on the Congress floor. She's charismatic but direct, as she believes a senator should be. She's definitely someone who has a different personality around the public than in private; only her family and friends (who call her Donnie) know the real her. In private, she loosens up a lot, and is more loud and fun.
Strengths: She's known as an accomplished orator and speaks eloquently and deliberately. She's very good at filtering herself, too, and has immense control over her emotions. She is quite decisive as well.
Weaknesses: Donna has a habit of looking at things only one way. Once she's worked out a solution in her mind, that tends to become the only “correct” answer. She has trouble looking at things in a new way after she’s already come up with an explanation herself. She also is a bit of a workaholic and can focus and stress out about small details.

History: An up-and-coming representative from Maryland, Donna is a graduate of Columbia University, where she received her master's in economics. She always knew she wanted to go into politics, and after serving on a city council while simultaneous working on senate campaigns for more senior politicians, she was elected to the United States House of Representatives and served three terms. She decided to run for Senate after the incumbent decided to retire from politics, and was endorsed by a well-respected politician, which gave her the advantage over her opponent. She is known for her vocal support of women's rights and LGBTQ+ rights.

Secret: Donna's image isn't as clean as the public thinks it is. She had three charges of aggravated assault against her in her early twenties, but was never convicted of anything. Thankfully, the media hasn't discovered it yet.

Other: Her wife, Georgia, is five months pregnant with their first child.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Okay, I revised my bio! Still in the same post it initially was. I tried making it shorter and I added a history section. It's still quite long, though... I get character summaries should be short, but I end up getting carried away with details, so just skim. @winterwolf0100, you can pop it up if you want!

(Also, @Moonglade, have fun on your tour!)
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:04 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

(Thank you, @JoyDark!Leaving in two hours so I hope y’all have a good weekend.)

33 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:17 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Thank you very much for all of the information, esteemed guests-- and with that, all of our guests have RSVPed their acceptance and you will all be formally arriving at Laurguay Island! There is no airport on the island, so I advise you book a plane to get to the nearest dock, and take a boat the rest of the way.

(Because this is not like other roleplays where I can show you what to do in your first post or help jump-start it, I will be open to collaborating with anyone who wants to using any of the staff profiles, to help get your posts going. Your first posts will take everybody up until they are on the island and then there will be a second round of posts in which the first person will describe in detail the dinner, along with the death of Miss Lowe. Everyone else can describe what they wish of the dinner, character thoughts, going to sleep, etc. And after that, the hunt for clues and the mystery of how to stay alive will begin!)
he/she/they

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:08 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Wooo this looks super exciting! Good luck to you all!
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

33 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:02 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

(Thank you kindly, @SilverNight ^^) Esteemed guests, does anyone have any ideas regarding their posts? Again, I am open to collaborating with anyone who needs it using any of the staff profiles, just let me know! Also, just because I post in character here does not mean you cannot use this for whatever shenanigans you want to! XD Feel free to blow the OOC up with any questions you have or thoughts, including anything you're worried about for your post or confused about.
he/she/they

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom