z

Young Writers Society

Laurguay Island OOC

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Welcome to Laurguay Island! We hope you enjoy your stay.

This is going to be unlike anything you've likely ever done on YWS-- I will be puppeteering everything behind the scenes, and I will not be writing a character, but playing the head of staff, who may appear in posts and will deal with all correspondences. Only the murderer and I will know who they are, and it will be assigned at random. You will PM me the room you want your character-- and others, if you choose-- to explore for each day, and I will PM you any clues you may find as you attempt to not only find the killer, but understand why they did it. Dead bodies will only be discovered when I tell a specific author their character should discover a body. You will be in charge of your character-- but you will not be in charge of the plot. The choices you make will be simple-- who do you stay with throughout the day? What rooms do you explore? What character do you suspect?

In every day, every character MUST be alone at least once, and each character will have two posts per day until the day they die-- that is right. In the entire roleplay, including the introduction post, you will have at most twenty-nine posts. I encourage creativity in developing your character and showcasing who they are for however long you are given. The person who dies will be chosen by a random generator, which means, sadly, that your character may only live until day two. Every other day, to create a buffer, one servant will die. This will give characters the opportunity to search for clues and allow writers to write more. Remember-- make allies quickly, and decide who you can trust. This character is, in a sense, you going through this mystery. They do not have to have the same personality or reactions, but they are as clueless as you are. There will be mass confusion and panic; the cast will likely end up split on who they believe the character is.

Each morning, the cast will meet in the dining room for breakfast, where they are free to discuss anything from clues, suspicions, to their lives. This should be the time your character is trying to learn everything about the other characters, as well as motive any of them might have had. Every character here has a reason to have wanted Reagan Lowe dead-- but those reasons will not be revealed until you have searched for clues. They will then split up, either separately to search for clues, or with someone. At most, three people may be together at a time. At dinner, the cast will meet in the dining room for dinner. This is where discussions of the clues for the day should happen. Given the times of death will vary, this may be a time when characters discuss who died and their suspicions of who did it.

Be warned: not every day will bring you clues, and you should not go into new rooms expecting to find a clue. Sometimes, I will give you a list of things for your character to notice in a room. Sometimes, you will receive nothing from me at all and have to figure out how to pass your time. Your posts should be focused on what your character thinks of those around them, and who had the opportunity to kill someone. Consider if the person set off to be on their own, who they were with last, and how they were murdered. This is also clearly a roleplay about murders and a murder mystery-- please be aware of this going into it, and consider if you are squeamish. However, dead bodies will not be described in too much detail, so do not let it discourage you.

Each morning, you will decide who in the group that is still alive you want your character to be with, if any, throughout the day and discuss this in the OOC. You will also decide where your character/s are going to go, whether that be somewhere in the house or on the island. I will then send you any information you need to include in your post. The rest is up to you.

Rooms you can explore:
Spoiler! :
  • Living room
  • Dining room
  • Home office
  • Home theater
  • Library
  • Fitness room
  • Kitchen/pantry
  • Main bedroom/bathroom
  • Outdoor porch
  • Pet room
  • Wine cellar
  • Indoor swimming pool
  • Game room

Places on the island you can explore:
Spoiler! :
  • Servant living quarters
  • Beach
  • The Creit Cliffside
  • The gardens/greenhouse
  • The lighthouse
  • The caves

Character profile code:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (20+ please! Consider how long it would take to become renowned in their profession.)
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] (CEO, Lawyer, Doctor, etc.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[i]Strengths:[/i]
[i]Weaknesses:[/i]

[b]Secret:[/b] (What is the secret you shared with the head of staff? It is likely something that will draw more suspicion towards your character, such as experience with fighting, a record, or a temper.)

[b]Other:[/b]

And finally, a few rules:
Spoiler! :
  • The OOC is not a place to talk about your serious suspicions. It is alright to joke, but it is not alright to accuse, nor to present evidence against someone. Please keep it in-story, and please keep it friendly.
  • The murderer will not write any of the murders in their posts or hint at the fact that they are the murderer. The murderer is skilled and cunning just like all the characters, and all clues that you will need should be derived from what your characters find, not what you find in another's writing.
  • If you are killed, you will not be writing your character's death; instead, your character's body will be found.
  • Please keep the language pg-13. "Damn" is alright. The f-bomb is not.
  • Make your character interesting! Do not make a goodie-two-shoes with no motive for killing-- that takes the fun out of it for everyone, including you! To make sure this happens, every character will have a secret in their character profile, and every character will have a motive that will not be discovered by others until later on. When you choose your role, I will PM you all the information you need to know for building your character, including their potential motive.
  • Do not share information on your character with others writers unless it has been revealed through the roleplay. This includes whether or not you are innocent and your character's potential motive for murdering Reagan Lowe.
  • Consult other writers before using their character, and remember-- collaboration is key!
  • If your character discovers a dead body, do not describe them in gruesome detail. This is pg-13. The weapon/cause may be identified, and a general layout of the scene can happen, but be conscious of how far you are taking it.
  • This goes without saying, but do NOT add any elements such as clues or plotpoints without consulting me privately, and if I turn something down, do not discuss it with others.

And even in a cast of seven, it feels you are all on your own.

Let the mystery begin.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:06 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hi, yes, hello. I am here to claim the lawyer, please. I'm so excited about this, it's not even funny.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:07 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Amazing! Excited to have you onboard, lawyer. Any information you need for crafting your character profile will be sent your way shortly!
he/she/they

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:09 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Thank you kindly, wise DM Winter.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:12 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

AHHHHHH...I don't have time to read all of this but the bit in the thread is enough to know this will indeed be WILD xD

Can I book the actor?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:14 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Absolutely. Your actor's acting profile will be sent your way, along with any details you may need to know.
he/she/they

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:19 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Words cannot explain how absolutely hyped I am for this. Mind if I claim the politician?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:26 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Oops... I posted this in the roleplay by accident, sorry. (Just deleted the post.) Is the doctor role still open?
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:03 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I would love to claim the CEO, please! :eyes: This sounds so cool ahhh much hype :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:39 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Plume, welcome politician. All information you need for your stay will be sent to you shortly.

@Moonglade, we are thrilled to have you stay with us, doctor. You will receive any details you may need to know soon.

@Spearmint, welcome CEO. We hope your enjoy your stay! We will let you know any information you need.

If any of you have any questions, please do not be ashamed of them, and ask away! As the head of staff, I will do my best to answer any and all questions on behalf of Miss Reagan Lowe.
he/she/they

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:02 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

(Don't mind me also accidentally posting in the wrong place >.> It has been deleted lol. By the way, while I'm going to try to stay in character and make this as fun and realistic as possible for all of you in terms of a mystery, please do not hesitate to reach out if it begins to get overwhelming or you have questions! You are free to message here or to PM me, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Also, just because I am in character in the OOC does not mean you need to be! This is kind of like my writing portion, since I won't be portraying a character. :] I will share more information once our cast is complete, but for now, have fun scheming up your characters!

Oh, and side note: there's a Roleplay Daily Bounty for creating a character with a secret. Since you're going to be doing that anyway, I suggest cashing it in. ;] )
he/she/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:31 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Hey! Could I be included in this? Seems really interesting! I could take the athlete.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:35 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@JoyDark, welcome to Laurguay Island! Any information you need will be sent to you shortly.
he/she/they

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:04 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Can I take the general seeing as they’re the only one left? So excited for this!

33 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:15 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@looseleaf Welcome aboard general! All information will be mailed shortly.
he/she/they

Shady's wall is now the Randomosity forum in a nut shell
— alliyah