Young Writers Society

Wayward Travelers [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi! This is the official ooc thread for Wayward Travelers, a roleplay set in the world of Genshin Impact. If you've never played the game before, don't worry! Any and all lore will be explained during the roleplay, and I'll be happy to paraphrase wiki sections when more info is needed.

If you're interested in joining this roleplay, let me know here! I still need to figure out who I'm writing outside of the Genshin characters that'll show up during this roleplay, but feel free to throw your characters here in the meantime. <33

(Also, I may or may not have hopped onto Genshin to snag a screenshot of the lake that the characters end up by. >> The photo in the first post is supposed to be from the same side of the lake our characters are on!)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:05 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

i will be claiming my rightful place among the gods.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the rp! Although I'm not sure Celestia will let you join its ranks so easily. ;)
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:06 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

*raises hand slowly*
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the rp, Harry!
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:43 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:) I'll think of some unfortunate soul to chuck in here soon!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! I can't wait to see who you yeet here. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm still waiting for other people to join this roleplay, but worse case scenario we'll start this with just the three of us sometime in the next day. :) I should have my first post up then, as well as a character description for whoever I don't steal from canon~
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:01 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sounds good! I managed to chose a character, I should have a bit of a profile cooked up very soon!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great!

I'm still trying to figure out who I want to throw in here, so I might wait for you and Sebi to throw up your character profiles so I can find a character of mine that would complete the trio well. I was toying around with doing my venom host oc or maybe my old Kingdom Hearts oc, but I'm not entirely sold on either one of them.

(The KH character is a little more likely, but he usually works better if I throw him in as part of a pair—maybe I can throw him and his sister in?)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Well I did just write up a post about different elemental abilities in Genshin and the two characters I was going to throw in, but I got logged out of YWS and lost all my progress on the post. :(

I'll hold off on explaining what the elements are usually associated with unless one of you needs that info, but I'll definitely go back into detail about my two characters for this! I'll be using Kirux and Winnie, my two Kingdom Hearts characters.

Spoiler! :

Kirux: He appears to be a tall boy with a decent amount of refined muscles in his late teens, but he's technically only a year old and acts a lot more like a child. He's wearing the outfit up above, but also has on a long black coat similar to what Kirito wears in SAO. His golden eye is a prosthetic that still moves like a working eye, but won't have a diamond in it because it's not technically a working eye. He's also mute. He basically looks like Riku in KH3, save for the prosthetic eye and the longer hair.

Winnie: She's an actual child! She's eleven years old and probably only goes up to Kirux's waist or a little higher than that. She's ridiculously smart and has a surprising amount of attitude for someone so young. She's wearing the outfit up above, as well as a darker blue skirt and a pair of colorful sneakers. She has diamonds in both of her eyes, and doesn't really look related to Kirux at all. Even though it's a little hard to tell in that picrew, her hair is in two messy ponytails.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! I'm still trying to figure out what elements Kirux and Winnie have, but I didn't end up needing them in my post.
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:56 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Here's my character finally, sorry it took a minute to get around to it:

Spoiler! :
Raymond "Ray" Dawn Sanders is The Alpha Pack's resident tech expert. He has this ability to infect devices with his own personal organic virus that lets him control pretty much anything with a microchip. I have no idea how useful that can be in this world but I though I'd throw it in just in case.

He's a bit of a by the books kind of person in that he usually likes to follow the rules and generally just go about his work. He's not opposed to the idea of goofing off ever so often but he'd never do it in the middle of work or initiate it himself.

He's fairly tall, around 5' 10" or so. He's got a slighter darker skin tone, with a pretty nondescript mop of almost always neatly combed black hair. His eyes are maybe his most striking feature with them also being a striking midnight black. He's likely to be wearing a straight up full three piece suit, in the midst of work when he gets yeeted here. Of course its not just a suit but...how many features of it actually work will depend on the plot xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Don't worry about it! Ray looks great. :) There's actually some machines/automatons in Genshin, so Ray would be able to infect those with his virus.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Im finishing up the backstory for an uncompleted character ho ill be throwing in here jsut so i can write her fully. Should be done by tonight and ill write up a quick profile to throw in here :)
they/them

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites