Young Writers Society

Lux Academy OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:23 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast @Spearmint boop hi :) would you two like to plan a writing session sometime soon?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:52 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

sure! =D I should be free any evening this week or next! ^-^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:22 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

sure! i'm freemost afternoons/evenings (EST)!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey peeps! Now that we're gathering up our crystals and getting to the end of initiation, I have a plan for how things will go!

Once your character gets a crystal and is out of danger, they will receive a vision. This vision shows one thing clearly: a room of nothing but crystals bright and ranging from colors of blue to purple to white. In addition to the clear picture, your character gets vague magical impressions of where the exit is located: deep within the mines, and how to get there. This is up to your characters and you, but make sure to keep it vague. Oh, also, one last thing. Lava. Your character gets an impression of lava. Not sure why, though ;)

Timeline of the exit

-Ezra will most likely get to the exit first, as they already have their crystal.

-Railyn, Pel, and Eda will be second, after they get their crystals within the mines.

-Thane and Glow Team will be last.

Note for Glow Team and Thane: I'm imagining that they run into each other while being chased by Voidborn. Thane is being chased by one, Glow Team by multiple, and perhaps Thane buys them a bit of time for them all to run, and then they get to the exit and Safi closes off their exit by collapsing the mineshaft behind them.

Then for the final post, it'll be collaborated by all of us as our nine characters try to find the exit while lava rises from a pit in the middle of the room and Voidborn clawing at the exit to try and get in.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Oh my gosh! This sounds so fun, Omni!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:22 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Lavaaaaa :eyes: 0.0
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:49 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Lava in a vision? Lava appearing conveniently as they try to escape? It’s almost like you very much have to forfeit if you don’t have a crystal by that point :eyes:
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:06 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

:eyes:
atlast

previously AtlasWut

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hey, @AceassinOfTheMoon and @SilverNight! Are y'all down for writing tonight?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey peeps! Sorry for dropping off! For those of you on discord, you'll know I took a break from YWS because life got busy, and it's still busy but in different ways. But! I'm back! Lux has lulled a bit but I'm hoping to get some writing up and going soon.

First things first, though, I'd like to have a progress check-in, just so I know where everyone's at. What's going on with your characters? Do you have a post in progress, outlining or plotting in progress?

Secondly, is there anything you need from me before you can continue with Lux shenanigans? Right now I am working on Harper's Affinity (@Teddybear) and Sylkalyn's mother backstory (@AceassinOfTheMoon) but that's only two of the nine characters.

I haven't looked through the pad yet, and I do know that the security certificate of WFP is down, so I may have to move things from WFP to Riseup temporarily. That's going to be messy, though >.>

Anywayyyys, hi y'all :P

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:19 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast @Spearmint wanna figure a time to collab our next post? :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

243 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:08 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

sure!! I should be free most weekends ^^ I'll be hanging out in the riseup pad this Saturday, or the wfp if it works by then! =D
mint, she/her

=D

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:35 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

i should be free for a little this weekend. sorry i sorta dissapeared; college is *destroying me*
atlast

previously AtlasWut

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Boop :)

@atlast @Spearmint hoooow about this weekend?

Some updates on my end: I have contacted Teddy about Harper's Affinity. Pending further discussion on that end, I think I may have a good affinity? We shall see :P

I have also contacted Ace about Sykalyn's mom and have an idea forming on that end.

Soooooo, that means that we're all but completely ready to start writing again! and I would really love to start writing again :D sooo how about a pad party? How would say, Saturday sound for everyone?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:34 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

I should be available Saturday! :D
atlast

previously AtlasWut

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein