Young Writers Society

Lux Academy OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:22 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Oh also, for Headmistress Fea's first speech, here are some notes from my planning

Fea's first speech, boring, don't need to get into it in your posts, but this is what she talks about
-Fea thanks this years donors for the opportunity to expand first year enrollment
-She thanks the students for applying and thinking of Lux Academy
-She announces new donors, sponsors, new professors
-Some other formalities that Idk of xD
- maybe reiterating how Lux is a very prestigious academy? xD

aka no need to delve into her speech too much, the first one, because, well, it's not important xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:05 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Re: Initiation posts & Group posts

Hey all! So, after intro posts we are going into orientation/initiation, and initiation is going to happen fast in-story and going to include quite a bit of action. Initiation will also include the first instances of our characters grouping up and spending a lot of time together. As such, there are two ways we can approach writing this kind of group: collaboration and pov writing. The latter, unfortunately, ends up with a lot of what I call backwards writing, writing of multiple POVs in the same scene which do not push the story forward or only minorly pushes it forward. In roleplays, this often leads to the death of the story.

So! I prefer collaborative writing. I'll use an example for Initiation:

Railyn, Edalyn, and Aapeli are likely to group up during initiation, and subsequently have action scenes there. Rather than having three posts from Railyn, Edalyn, and Aapeli's POV of the same scene, the three writers (myself, atlast, and Spearmint) get together to plot out the scene and write together. One of us posts it but we all collaborate on it and it'll act as the part of the story for all three of our characters. In a future post, one of us who didn't post the collaborated portion may reference it afterwards or provide some thoughts on what just happened, but the thought it that collaborated posts offer all three perspectives at the same time, especially in action.

So, what does this mean for initiation?

Well, initiation is going to happen fast, with many different moving parts, but most likely most of our characters will end up meeting another and joining up to get through initiation. If your character is a loner, then you are able to write through their pov solely, but if your character groups up, then it would be best for the writers of all the characters who are grouping up to get together, plan/plot/outline their next moves together, and collaborate on the post.

Please let me know if you have any questions ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:16 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I made a bit of an edit to Ezra's power to better suit their personality and style and to foreshadow in a way that only makes sense to me the stylistic progression i want this character to take, just so no one's confused when it's different than it was described initially in the post itself, which I'm working on now.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:13 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

ahhhhhh so much going on here XD
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:06 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hanging out in the pad! :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:05 am
View Likes
Omni says...

page two page two!

we have now met our first voidborn ;P

(also please let me know your thoughts on the action ^^ )

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:46 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I realized that I probably should have waited on posting my initiation posts as now Railyn and company are way further ahead than the rest. Whoops!

I shall be hanging out in the pad most evenings (CST time) so if anyone wants to write, collab, plot, or lurk during those times, I should be there! I am always willing to help with writing even if my character is not in your post.

Re: initiation - it looks like some natural parties are forming when in the arena. So far, I'm seeing two groups of three (Railyn, Edalyn, Aapeli & Cyra, Kynina, Safiana) and I believe Thane is going on her own. @Teddybear would Ezra go on their own or would they bump into Euphemia? Or possible NPCs?

Spoiler! :
Spoiling this here, but regarding Euphemia, moth has had some irl problems and is most likely unable to write for awhile. I'm unsure as to what to do with Euphemia. I've contacted moth and we'll see, but for now, I'm assuming Euphemia has been around in the background the entire time.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:26 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm not sure what Ezra would do. They'd group up with people if the option arose but they wouldn't seek out people to team up with.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:13 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

gotcha gotcha! :D there's going to be a group of NPCs of rich upper city kids who knew the initiation was going to happen who will be going around the city and the woods to bully some students to try and take their whistle and get them to fail initiation. less people in the running

sass levels loading

[he/him]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:33 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Omni told me to say hi here so
hi :)
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AceassinOfTheMoon hiii o.o

everyone, please welcome the newest addition to our cast! :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:41 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Oh, yay! Welcome, Ace. :)
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Welcome!! :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:34 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey everyone! New poll -- I would like your input ^^

Euphemia has been made an NPC for now, and Sylkalyn is our new character. This, and initiation, got me thinking about the dorms.

Right now, here are the dorm groups:
Spoiler! :
Railyn
Edalyn
Cyra

Aapeli
Thane
Euphemia

Safiana
Kynina
Ezra

Sylkalyn

And, in-story, dorms are chosen based off of the color of crystal people get, so the three groups would get the same color, and they may realize it beforehand, they may not. Out-of-story, these groups were chosen through a randomizer to make it fairer.

Now that we are going into initiation, and we have a new character who wasn't there when the groups were decided, I have started to change my thinking for this. Hence the poll.

There are three options on the poll:

switch Euphemia for Sylkalyn and keep the groups;
Do a new Randomizer;
or decided dorm groups based off of in-story initiation groupings.

For the last point: there are two groups that have naturally formed in initiation so far (through plotting or writing) and it would make sense to have those in-story groups get the same jewel color because they are looking for jewels in the same area. But, that would not allow for new connections to be made during the beginning of the dorm scenes.

So, please let me know your input ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I would say do a new-randomizer. It’s the most fair.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6