Lux Academy OOC

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:35 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

yes! you may yeet in, it is very casual XD
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:37 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yup...my character literally said one thing first up then magically appeared like six pages later xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:39 am
View Likes
Omni says...

YEET YOUR CHARACTER
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:43 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

ONE CHARACTER HAS BEEN YEETED!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey peeps! I started a poll, and I'll tag you all below

I have been thinking and someone suggested to me to make a poll, so I shall throw this decision out to all of you: do you want a discord server for Lux Academy (in addition to the OOC & WFP) or do you want to keep with what we have in terms of communication?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:36 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I wouldn't mind either way.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:37 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I second that notion! :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:39 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay the poll is now officially up XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:39 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I voted but I’ll say here anyway that I don’t get phone notifs for YWS and I do for discord. It makes it easier for me to see when convos are happening and keep up to speed :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm seeing a lot of yeses which is awesome! don't let that sway your opinion if you'd rather not use discord. I'll wait until everyone has put their opinion in the poll before I make a decision (and if you wanna DM me your thoughts on the decision you totally can do that as well)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:44 am
View Likes
atlast says...

just wanted to pop in and apologize for not having my intro post finished ! i was aiming to get it up this weekend but that didn’t end up possible. i will have it up early this week !!!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast no worries :D

And, looks like everyone was up for a discord server! Funnily enough, most of you were already in my server for other roleplays, but for those who weren't, I sent you an invite link ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:39 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

getting caught up and finishing my intro post if anyone wants to join ~
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:45 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@atlast woooooo :) I am also in the pad writing... SPOILERS? GASP

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hello Students! This post is a guide to Initiation, so if you have not read my latest Railyn post, please read that and come back to avoid spoilers.

• Falling, darkness, they have to find a way to land without killing themselves.
  • They eventually get to the bottom through various tactics
  • Huge lamps turn on, lighting up the arena. It is a broken down city, with a large cavern in the middle of it. Remains of a city before Glinthaven, perhaps? Everything is dimly lit, dark, damp, and there's dripping from the ceiling because this was underwater for so long.
    • The ceiling is made out of rocks.
    • There is a forest on one end of the city and mines on the other end. Somewhere in each is an exit that can only be opened if one has a crystal.
    • The cavern is a void, there's no bottom, but there are what seems like smoky tendrils of blue and purple crawling out of the cavern.
    • The outside border of the arena is just water, being held out by intense magic. It is impenetrable.
  • Monsters from the fracture do not have an actual name, but they are often called Voidborn or Abominations.
    • These beings resemble actual animals, at least the form of actual animals (like bears, ravens, whales, etc.) but they seem more like sentient shadows than anything. They have bright red eyes, their forms seem to be like coiling black fog but they do have solid pieces of some kind of color (blue, purple, red, etc.)
    • They are not living. They do not have a soul, nor an aura.
    • You can tell when one is near, as there is a feeling, a tug on your aura when one is near.
    • They are like a vacuum to auras, constantly feeding on them to become larger themselves. They feed on aura usage as well.
    • These beasts are incredibly durable. The larger they are, the harder it is to take one down.
  • The goal of being in this arena: teamwork and survival. Must work together to get through and grab a crystal. One student will not be able to fight one Voidborn, so it is paramount to either be stealthy or work together.
    • The color of the crystal will determine roommates. Since roommates are already chosen, that means that roommates will get the same color, and they will or will not realize at the moment.
    • The crystals glow softly and have a certain resonance that attract auras, similar to the Voidborn but a much more accepting presence.
  • Will students work together? Will there be sabotages by some?
  • This is a large arena, so it's entirely possible someone will not find another student, or will not run into NPCs. However, if you want to run into NPCs, feel free! We shall be doing a plotting session for NPCs in the future, but for now you can just make things up.
  • There is an emergency whistle in everyone's backpack. If they are in extreme danger, they can blow it and be transported back to Lux Academy, where they promptly fail initiation.

This will be your character's first true test at Lux Academy, so expect resistance, tests of strength, and danger. Your character will have to work together, think outside of the box, and use every tool at their disposal to get through Initiation. Welcome to the real Lux Academy, and Lux Academy certainly will be watching.

If you have any questions, please ask them here or through discord! I recommend writing a post for orientation as a buffer to brainstorm Initiation (as I did with Railyn's post) and make connections that will hopefully help your character in the arena.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy