“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:43 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Character! A guy from the Caston family. I don't have any actual images of him sadly~
(spoilered for length btw)

Spoiler! :

Name: Lawrence Caston
Pronouns: he/him
Physical appearance: 5'7'' (170 cm), on the thinner side with lean muscle. Looks kind of weak until you're actually fighting him. Olive skin, dark hair with loose curls cut short on the sides and floppy on top. Deep-set hazel eyes, bumpy nose, crooked smile. Usually wears a clean vest, a collared shirt and tie, presentable slacks, and half-polished shoes. Occasionally wears a newsboy cap. A mix of rakish and greasy-looking.
Personality: Cocky, confident, tries to be charming. Knows how he looks and plays it up/down depending on the situation. Has personal connections to the Castons, which ensures his loyalty, but dislikes following orders that conflict with his interests. Can get hot-headed when the situation is out of his control. Still learning to rein in his impulses. He likes to believe that despite his weaknesses, he is still better than everyone in at least one way. Tries to find what that "one way" is and use it in whatever situation he's in. If he can't find that "one way," he tends to get obsessed with the person he can't beat (i.e. gets jealous, holds a grudge, works hard to best them the next time around).
Fighting Style: Punching, kicking, dodging, shooting. He's quick and stronger than he looks, which catches his opponents off guard. He's got a pistol and a knife on him at all times, but he likes to get creative and use whatever's around to help him fight (e.g. a clothing iron, a beer bottle, etc.). He fights dirty, makes messes, and doesn't give a damn.
Role in the Family: He's the guy who comes knocking when you haven't paid your due. A kind of representative for the Caston family, Lawrence steps in to make deals, keep connections, and assert the family's dominance around the city. He's usually pretty good at his job, but occasionally he gets sidetracked by his own emotions and interests. He's still a little inexperienced at managing himself, but he's working on it.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

56 Reviews

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:14 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

also by the way, i'm going to be MIA for the next week... sorry, but best of luck to you all :D
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:26 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Everyone meet Biddy

Spoiler! :
Name: Biddy Junebug
Pronouns: she/her
Physical description: Biddy is about average height for a gal. She has brown eyes and blonde hair that's about to the bottom of her shoulder bones. She typically wears two different styles of clothing. Common, nondescript clothes, whatever that means for the area she's in, when she's intending on potentially stealing something, or attention grabbing statement pieces with a thousand straps, some sequins and a random assortment of belt buckles and occasionally some brooches for good measure when she's not. She does occasionally enjoy a "simple" flapper dress, though.
General personality:(disclaimer: this is simply surface level observations - what a stranger would think of her upon meeting)
When in flashy clothing Biddy is very bubbly and talkative, she always has something to say, though it may not be strictly relevant to the conversation at hand. She's occasionally a bit flirtatious, and enjoys a lot of attention on her.
When in "common" clothes: Biddy will attempt to blend into the crowd, and may say her name is Bonnie, Brooke or Bea if asked about it. She's still prone to talking a whole lot if approached by a stranger with conversation, but generally tries to stay away from attention grabbing behaviors.
Other Information: Biddy's full name isnt known. Its a good guess that her first name would be Bridget, as thats what Biddy is shorthand for, but other then that she wont reveal anything regarding her actual name. Either family may know it but common folk or general work associates wouldnt. Shes not explicitly tied to either family, though that could change if she was offered a good enough deal or decided she enjoyed the company of one particular family a lot. Shes generally a thief, and will rarely participate in small to medium scale robberies if offered the opportunity and a good cut.
they/them

56 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:26 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

ooh she's cool! when do you think Biddy would be in flashy clothes? when she's pulling some sort of heist? or does she just like to party sometimes? if the answers to those questions will spoil something don't worry about answering :D

how is everyone holding up? i'm officially no longer MIA
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:31 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I’m holding up well! I’m excited to start this one.
She/They/Fae

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Everyone's profiles have been added to the first page of the OOC!

For the start of this one we could have some kind of event going on that brings everyone together, or we could just have their paths cross more organically.

Given the nature of the characters, I'm thinking the more organic approach would be more suitable, but it'll take a lil more work from us writers to get everyone into generally the same space.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

56 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:06 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

yessssss organic is the coolest

maybe two people could have the same target or something like that? like for example, malvis could be sneakily killing a person at the same party biddy’s at, and biddy notices, or like biddy could be ransacking some house up when lawrence comes to check whether the person is home

idk
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:10 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

biddy just wears sparkly clothes whenever she isnt stealing something. If you see biddy in normal clothing, she is up to no good. I also vote for the more organiuc approach. Maybe everyone went grocery shopping on this fateful day
they/them

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:56 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

My vote is also the organic approach. :)
She/They/Fae

56 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:35 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

heyo! is it just me or have things gotten a little slow here? it's getting sort of late in my time zone, but if anyone wants to scheme i'd be down, at least for a little. i don't have a great handle on my pad, but maybe something like that?
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:28 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

It has gotten a bit slow, hasnt it? Im happy to do some scheming when everyones more available :)
they/them

56 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Do we have a WFP? If not maybe I could set one up
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

31 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:20 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I don’t think we do. I’m down to scheme right now if you want to make it. :D
She/They/Fae

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:51 pm
View Likes
ccarson says...

Am I allowed to join the police force? If so I already have a perfect OC
Corporal Cleo Carson

Bucklin County Sheriff's Office

Cleo Carson and Bucklin County are purely fictional

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch