z

Young Writers Society

Peach and Mango Updates and OOC Discussion.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:59 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

It's very good that you are also doing another writing project. It sounds interesting, I'm happy for you. Don't stress about the RP, you can post at your own pace and comfort. Real life priorities come first. We can manage the story slowly without feeling much pressure. Everyone feels that way they want to work on their own terms without others directing them but that's not what mostly happens. Even as a adult I have to do most of my work as per people around me. We don't have much option.

I'll put the rest in spoiler.
Spoiler! :

These are just neutral statements and not at all meant to be said in a harsh way. Just read them with a positive and good mind. <3

Nobody on YWS is obliged to respond or listen to anyone. They are here for their own work. There's no such thing as an 'invitation' to the chat on YWS. In fact the chat thing you see on the home page is one the most neglected feature bcos rarely two people ever enter into the chat at the same time. Once in a month or so you will find some people actively using it. From last one year I have found myself alone whenever i entered, that's also because of the time zone differnces. So this issue of yours is an imaginary one which your mind made up to think negative. There are links to writer feed pads which are similar to google docs which people post on the people's tab, it's open to all and nobody needs any invitation. They happen to just randomly pop in, say hi -hello , light chats and their own writing work.

In #22in22 i don't see any injustice done to you. People update about their daily progress, if you open other people's log you won't find any unusual praising, celebrating someone's success or posting comments daily. It's just a place to post your progress publicly in order to feel accountable for it. The admins will award badges for your work, not that a big ceremony to especially felicitate any particular user. The motivational posts are made on the wall in order to show support for those who are struggling everyday. It's upto the user if they are able to grasp the positive motivation or not. I was really glad to see that you managed to log many updates in the beginning. That was great. Omni had given you a very nice reply and I didn't find anything wrong with it. Later you spammed people with notifications by tagging them multiple times in the same post demanding an emergency response. You blindly tagged people, even tagged yourself multiple times which shows you didn't even cross check what you were doing.
If someone doesn't respond that doesn't mean they don't observe. It's not because they hate you or don't like you, it's just maybe they don't have anything more to advice on the questions you have asked. Many people have come forward to give their 2% of advice they could provide, many have explained in lengths and it's not their fault if you were not able to get any help from them. Nor is it your fault because everyone's problem is their own and only they can feel the actual pain. But at the end it's you who has to work and get the things done in your life, even if you receive an exceptional advice or solution from God himself, still it's you who has to fight, struggle and make things work. There's no shortcut.

And hardly it ever happens in life that people receive the much needed support from others, they are always on their own, alone. Even I can speak from my personal life experiences that in my weakest moments, i was always alone and could never receive support from my friends. It's not bcos they hate me or don't like me. It's just either they are not mature enough to understand my problems simply because they are not in my shoes. Or that they themselves are in so much problems of their own that they are helpless. This is something we need to realize on our own and that's how people become mature. I read your comment on of the posts on #22in22 where you asked, 'Do you hate me? Or are you supporting me?'
It felt like a very childish thing to ask. The admin probably don't know what to answer for this as this isn't an expected thing. Why would anyone hate each other. It's you who is thinking this way. Nobody ever wrote the word 'hate' for you. It's you who perceived it this way. Now if you ask what you should do inorder to NOT think this way. Then again there is no concrete solution from others. Simply because it's you who has to ultimately fight such thoughts. Nobody else will do it for you.
So basically your statement about that club was also based on your thoughts and if you stick with it, nobody in the club is going to get affected. The only one affected here is you.

Your sub-conscious mind is like clay. It gets shaped by the thoughts of your conscious mind. That is the way you are thinking when you are conscious (all awake) is how your subconscious mind will get shape. If you keep on saying that you are sore loser, then it's like you are consciously telling your subconscious mind that you are a loser. And it is registering it the way you just said. So suppose you get on some stage with full preparation to deliver some speech. You are fully prepared. But your subconscious mind has registered the fact that you are a sore loser, simply because you are the one who instructed it. Now if at any point you stumble or forget your lines in the speech, you will have no confidence at all bcos your mind knows it's a loser. It will get afraid and will be unable to come up with something.
That's the differnce between those motivational and Ted talk speakers whom you can find online. You can feel the confidence in their speech. Doesn't matter if they have failed or suffered loses. They have made themselves believe that they are succesful and positive.
Now you will how to be like them and the simple answer is it's you who will have to work out your own way. Nobody's suggestions will help you achieve it. Nobody else is going to plant those seeds of positivity in your mind. It's you who has to do it. Like you had the choice to start the RP on a positive post but you started with a one where you criticized yourself. But then you corrected yourself and I'm proud of that.

Lastly I would like add is that don't keep your hopes and happiness based on the fact that others are supporting or liking you. It will not work in the adult life. You will always find yourself alone in the toughest times. You might get lucky to have support sometimes, but that' rare. And support doesn't mean that they will make your work easy or do some magic, but it will just be mere words. It's upto you if you are able to pick motivation or not. It can be very dangerous also because if someone replies in a harsh way, then even unintentionally also they can harm your mental peace. That's why I try not to indulge much in this. Try to feel blessed that already you have received so much support from YWS and if you are denying this which I can see then that's not good. I have already told you that I have never seen any other user receive so many long responses for their problems that you have received. If you feel their replies coudn't help you then that's also acceptable because other people's advices are just for mere guidance. We have to build our own solutions. If I go to your wall, I can see so many people did whatever they could to share their little piece of advice. Nobody else can give something, it will just be a variation of the previous answer.

If you want to have a positive presence on YWS then perhaps try it by sharing some positivity. Even if we are having a bad day sometimes sharing some nice motivational quotes or some nice expereince can be good. YWS is a very small community and whatever you post on your wall is clearly visible to everyone. You can't force anyone to reply to you. Spread positivity, just because it is a good thing and not because you want others to like you. Never have such expectations, it's very toxic for your mental health because people can be hurtful at times. Just be good with people around you, it's completely acceptable to share bad experiences and issues in your life. But there should be a balance. If you just speak and shout about your troubles and problems, people will not care to listen to them. Not because they hate you, but simply because they already have more trauma in their own lives to deal with. Even if you don't point at any particular person, still holding a negative opinion that others think low of you, will not affect them but affect you. And only you have the ability to change it. Your bipolar is also a factor that contribute in such thoughts but only you can fight it. Nobody else can get in your mind and do it for you. It will make you believe that the whole world is against you but infact its the BP that's against you.

Try to engage around the site more if you genuinely want to feel attached to the site. Try different forums. viewforum.php?f=39 This one's my favorite time pass. I also like to welcome new users, wish people on their birthdays(you can find on bottom of forums), wish them on their cake days (you can see on people's tab, it's their yws anniversery). Write reviews or if you don't have time for whole review just some 2-3 lines positive feedback. Interact on posts in the people's tab. But all should be selfishly done. Not that you are doing it so that others 'Like you'. Don't keep expectations when doing a noble work. Don't wish someone with the intention that they should wish you back too, or that they should also give you feedbacks. Just do it for the sake of spreading goodness. Be positive, show positivity in things you do and bring positivity around you. Don't rely on anyone's support. Be your own support. :)

Appreciate every little criticism or every little bit of praise or help from people. I too had posted about a lot of problems. People gave advice sometimes, it may not have worked but just the fact that they took the pain of even thinking about it, made me feel respect for them.

And don't worry about the RP. You have been doing really great so far. We'll definitely manage it. :)
I only put my signature on big cheques.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:59 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Popping my head in here to say that I am super proud of you that you're writing in this RP Duo @BeingRivy and @Hkumar ^^ Rivy -- I understand that you're busy with stuff in your real life, but don't worry, this roleplay will be there when you have some more free time. It's awesome that you're writing :)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:40 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

Hey, Hkumar,
I have been thinking, when am I going to put Palmer and let him meet Slice again for a second time? I’m stuck on what to do because he’s been leaving the house with his flip flops trying to find Slice. And it will sound like two separate stories in one. What can I do? I like where the story’s going, but I can’t do anything about Slice and Palmer unless I use my character sheet. Also where is the Slice character sheet code spoiler?
Also thank you for the pm. I understand now that it’s up to me to solve all my other problems besides just writing.
And thanks so much for supporting me for this story. And you know I will, and can, still continue on forth with this Roleplay Duo. But know that I need to have days that I have to force myself to think positive over everything, or else I will think poorly and negative about myself.
Thanks for the compliment, Omni, we will do our best. But I’m just stressed and busy.
And I forgot to add that this story can be considered third person omniscient (as in a third person story, where the narrator peeks into the different perspectives of each person/character in the story).
Thank you. From, BeingRivy.

158 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:11 pm
Hkumar says...

I'm glad you are still working with the story. Sorry if you felt that it looks like two stories. Sometimes it happens in a story that at one moment you are focusing in a particular scene and character....and the next moment or chapter you are now in a different scene and talking about different character. Just like in movies it happens that the Hero is shown at some place, but in the next scene they show some different place with some different activities going on. Eventually the aim is to bring some connection between the two story lines.

For example, in my last post I said that next morning Slice was going to meet Hermit and suddenly she ran into something (rather someone) and fell down. I didn't said with whom because I left that for you to assume that it was Palmer. I took idea from your post that since Palmer was out looking for Slice the next morning. So, instead of just casual meeting let's make it a bit dramatic where they accidentally collide into each other (Slice's fault that she wasn't paying attention) and fell down. Also, the part about Hermit was necessary since Slice (and Palmer) will get influenced by his stories and then decide to move out of the farm. So I just added some back story about him. He's just a temporary side character.

This is how we do in RP-duos, I bring some action to the story, you take hints from it and make up your own. You can start your post in a complete different scene but the aim should be to somehow connect the two stories.

I hope I was able to make the current storyline clear. Now you can go ahead write from Palmer's POV. Slice just came running and accidentally hit you. Try to write how he felt after suffering that fall on the ground. His reaction? Last time Slice left without finishing the conversation. But this time you can ask her where was she heading or why why was Palmer looking for her.

Also, you are not bound to start the post immediately from where I left. I mean instead of directly talking about their encounter, you can tell what all things Palmer did after wearing her flip-flops and went on to look for Slice. You can notice I tried to add some minor extra details like about watermelons and apples. They are not our main focus but I added some details so that story looks more vivid. Slice didn't interact with them. But how about you make Palmer annoy them while he's looking out for Slice. (prank those rolling melons or tease those beauty conscious apples).
Then you can further connect your part of the story to my post by continuing about that sudden encounter. You just collided with slice. Based on your reaction(i.e Palmer's reaction), I will come up with a post in which Slice will explain herself.

I hope you could get some idea what I said. You are free to add your own details. I just gave examples. Please don't worry or take extra pressure. And again sorry that I didn't put up character details of Slice. Just like you I'm also all stressed up with my problems and trying to handle myself so I kinda forgot about that. All of us have bad days you know. I will try to put one for Slice as soon as I get some ideas.

158 Reviews

Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:23 pm
Hkumar says...

Hi Rivy!

I see you have introduced pirates and mermaids in the story. That's nice. But I have a few questions, and I hope you don't mind. Cross questioning is a good practice when we are doing world-building.

Are the pirates like fruit pirates or human pirates? Also, did Palmer travel to some foreign place where she had previously met these two?

Then he remembered it could be near a local vineyard when he was with Slice when he was going near the barn. So when he was finally at the vineyard, that's when he saw Slice. She was looking at his necklace.

Also, I see you mention here that Palmer was with Slice near the vineyard (I assume that happened after Slice accidentally collided with her??) Also, in the starting, you mentioned that Palmer crossed a forest, so is this forest outside the farm.
I find the necklace part interesting. Maybe it fell when Slice ran into Palmer and they both fell. Umm, since you didn't explain what happened between the two after that (I mean Palmer's reaction), so should I go on assuming that Slice went off after a quick apology to Palmer to meet Hermit. And did Palmer return to that place looking for her necklace, and that's where she finds Slice again (third meeting ?)

Just inform me and then I'll come up with my post.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:57 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The idea of fruits as characters is really cool! :] I wish you the best with this roleplay, Hkumar and BeingRivy!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:36 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

Spearmint wrote:The idea of fruits as characters is really cool! :] I wish you the best with this roleplay, Hkumar and BeingRivy!

Agreed. I’ve been reading along. I think my favorite characters so far are Palmer and Slice. Their interactions are amusing and fun following along with their adventures.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

158 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:08 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

Thanks @Spearmint and @Fishr <3

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:53 pm
Mynameisfriendly556 says...

Hi it’s @Mynameisfriendly556 ,
Due to my failure of making my story more better, I quit continuing this story under the alias of @BeingRivy.
Peach and Mango is CANCELED!!!!
I’m sorry, but I can’t risk making every admin grow angry here.
I quit, from, @Mynameisfriendly556

158 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 pm
Hkumar says...

I wonder how would writing a story make the admins angry. Whether it's bad or amazing, it's the writer's choice to work on it ,'if' they genuinely love writing. Stop blaming yourself and others for such childish thoughts.
I won't mind joining here, if you would continue to write the story. But it's all upto you @Mynameisfriendly556

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:57 pm
Teddybear345 says...

Hi everybody. I’m anonymous. The admins are pulling on my string and now thanks to their infamous arguments and now thanks to me. They want me to quit. But it doesn’t matter if I quit. I’m the infamous 22 from soul, so my life will never have a happy ending in this site. I’m starting my whole new like as a poetry writer and the good news is I have changed. So everyone is right. There’s a hope left from me. And that’s to the admins I learned my lesson.
So that’s just it. No matter in what way I return, no matter how many times I return, the admins will just face reality and take me into a permanent ban. the admins board thingy and regulations of the rules want the story to end and the want me out of YWS. Simply put. No one believes me and become a bystander and watch the world go by. And this is just the beginning of the end. @Hkumar good luck on your stories there is no hope for me here. Read your dms and add me as an email or something. Or go to Reddit and type in the code to be my friend for a better life. Good luck. From,
Anonymous

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore