z

Young Writers Society

All for Show? {OOC}

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun May 29, 2022 8:12 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

perfect then! i suppose thats all we need to figure out for our characters background for now. Now we just need them to meet at the ball.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon May 30, 2022 12:16 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Yay for all the scheming! I should be able to publish my first post later tonight eeee!

I'd also love to have another princess there to sort of "compete" for the prince (anybody interested?), but also also I don't wanna be too picky and I wanna get started!!

I'm going to add this in the top post here too so it's easy to find later on, but just a few things I would like to add to "set the stage."

- 1. like the typical ball you might picture, there will be a royal "announcer"/bellman/master of ceremonies that announces each guest as they descend the main stairs down into the ballroom. He will be more of a "background character," and will also be used to progress the story along for certain parts. Because he is a background charrie, I'm going to say that you all can roleplay him as needed. For example, if your charrie is entering the masquerade, feel free to add in something frilly by him, like "the distinguished Prince Harold Wettin of Fyn!" That will help the story and then no one has to wait on someone to announce them. (Of course, this may not even be a thing for those sneaking in, unless they go by an alias or something!)

- 2. feel free to have your character interact with other random "background charries" too. I would like it to feel like there are a lot of people here, a lively party, with opportunity for much chitchat, dancing, grabbing food, and the like. Maybe even exploring the royal garden!

- 3. also if you could please post here on this thread your character bios, using the "spoiler" outline I have in the first post. That would be great! Then we can kinda get a better picture of everybody and I can make sure we have a reference list for them all in one place.

P.S. if you are new and reading all this and want to join, you are welcome to! Definitely open and accepting. :D

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon May 30, 2022 3:33 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Leo's profile:
Spoiler! :
Name: Leonardo Esset
Physical characteristics:Image
Background/status/role in the kingdom: Royal Tailor
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: He is an employee
What are they wearing to the ball?: See above
What are their aspirations for the evening?: His focus is on making sure the prince can focus on meeting potential spouses, but he also tries to enjoy the party himself.

Rain's profile:
Spoiler! :
Name: Rain Seraphim of Unreed
Physical characteristics: Image
Background/status/role in the kingdom:
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: They are the younger sibling of their 20-year-old sister, Clara Seraphim, who is here to seduce the prince basically.
What are they wearing to the ball?: see above
What are their aspirations for the evening?: To try to make sure their sister has a shot with the prince.

And a bonus, who doesn't have a drawing because I got lazy, Clara's profile:

Spoiler! :
Name: Clara Seraphim of Unreed
Physical characteristics: She is tall and thin, with pale skin and waist-length, thick black hair which is pulled black in a complexity of braids.
Background/status/role in the kingdom: Princess of a neighboring kingdom
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: She is the eldest princess of the neighboring kingdom of Unreed
What are they wearing to the ball?: I'm too lazy to describe, but a similar gown to the below picture in shades of pale blue and green, with pearl jewelry, a veil, tiara, and elbow-length white silk gloves.

What are their aspirations for the evening?: To win over the Prince's affections
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

Reviews: 3
Mon May 30, 2022 4:02 am
View Likes
Ayme says...

I must say @Teddybear those character drawings are just too beautiful for words! You've got quite a bit of skill! Amazing :o
just hang in there for a little bit longer :smt006

18 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 7:03 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Theo
Spoiler! :
Name: Prince Theodore Mattias
Physical characteristics (hair, eyes, skin, any prominent features): A bit tall for his age, but fit physique with nicely tanned skin. Tawny, wavy blonde hair and striking blue eyes make for a stoic appearance, but the prince is usually sweet and compassionate. He cares deeply for his kingdom, his people, and his family.
Background/status/role in the kingdom: He is the youngest of seven princes, choosing his bride tonight as is custom by the end of his "birthday" masquerade. He will not be first in line for his throne, but will be third due to the majority of his brothers marrying foreign princesses.
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: Some might say he is his mother's favorite - or at least the son she has become most protective of.
What are they wearing to the ball?: Fine garments fit for a young, aspiring prince. His trousers are dark, his tunic a deep green with golden detailing, as well as a cape. He is also wearing a golden crown that highlights the importance of the occasion - and of course, a proper mask which is green to match his party attire.
What are their aspirations for the evening?: Theo knows as well as anyone he must choose his bride before the end of the festivities, or else succumb to his mother's choosing. He hopes to find what is right and just and meant to be - quite simply, the girl of his dreams. He must balance being a faithful son with holding out for truth.

Queen Mathilde
Spoiler! :
Name: Queen Mathilde Mattias
Physical characteristics (hair, eyes, skin, any prominent features): Her icy blonde locks are done up in an elaborate, braided hairstyle. Her eyes are dark and penetrating, always evaluating. Usually judging. Her skin is pale and she is typically seen wearing a bit of a scowl.
Background/status/role in the kingdom: She is the sole ruler of Xanthia since the death of her husband roughly nine years ago. Since then, she has been stricken by grief and has taken such feelings out on her rule and her children, not quite as loving as she used to be. Through her time of mourning she has become obsessed with image and with marrying off her sons well.
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: Queen. Mother. It tends to be her way or the highway.
What are they wearing to the ball?: Adorned in the finest fabrics, she is wearing a lovely and flattering gown that is a dark blue to match her usual mood. Her dress has lacy sleeves as well as many detailed embroideries on it in both silver and gold thread, and her crown is made of a dark metal. Her mask is elaborate as well, and complements her attire.
What are their aspirations for the evening?: She has always had high standards for the brides of each of her sons, and this final time will be no different. Mathilde's goal is to see her son choose a princess with high-status who is divine in nature, keeps her son in line, and checks every one of her boxes. Or else.

andddd I decided to play one of the other princes and his wife too because why not.
Alden & his wife Tabitha
Spoiler! :
Name: Prince Alden & Tabitha Mattias
Physical characteristics (hair, eyes, skin, any prominent features): Alden is tall and lanky with dark, wavy hair and light eyes. He often smirks and makes jokes, having been a bit of a trouble-maker in his younger days. However, he's very serious when it comes to his responsibilities. Tabitha is very strong-willed and put together, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Background/status/role in the kingdom: Alden is second in line to rule after the Queen, but in the meantime holds importance as overseeing the kingdom's military forces and castle guard. Tabitha still has roles of importance in her own kingdom and also acts as a military strategist with her husband and an ambassador between the two kingdoms.
How are they affiliated with the royal family?: The second eldest son and his wife, who had to deal with the Queen's rather controlling hurdles seven years ago.
What are they wearing to the ball?: Alden is dressed in a fine tunic and trousers, with red and gold patterns and detailing. He is wearing a modest crown and mask to match. Tabitha is wearing a tasteful red and gold gown with a pretty pink underskirt, with a small tiara. Her hair is done up halfway tastefully. She feels the masks are rather silly; hers is attached to a thin stick which usually remains in her hand down at her side.
What are their aspirations for the evening?: Alden and Tabitha are here to support young Theo and help him and his soon-to-be-bride manage the Queen's biddings. Let's be real, they're here for the drama too.
Last edited by clarevelyn13 on Mon May 30, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

56 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 3:58 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Lady Eris
Spoiler! :

Name:Lady Eris Crywolf
Physical characteristics (hair, eyes, skin, any prominent features):long dark purple hair, worn half up and adorned with strings of Pearls, white but tanned skin, and dark green eyes.
Background/statu
s/role in the kingdom: Eris is a Lady and the only child of the Crywolfs, and therefore also the sole heir to the family name.
How are they affiliated with the royal family?:political relations to the royal family.

What are they wearing to the ball?: see picture: https://pin.it/2jDJ33O
What are their aspirations for the evening?:their here by necessity, but also because it'll be entertaining, not currently interested in prince, but that could change.

-Agent Carter

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue May 31, 2022 2:41 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hey everyoneeee the character profiles all look great so far!! and the first posts too. I'm so excited for everyone's characters and I should have a post up sooon

sorry for the huge images in my CPs idk how to make them smaller... u can edit the images out when you compile all the CPs later if the bigness is an issue

Prince Julian Mattias and Princess Regent Dianna of Ghastlémieux

Spoiler! :
Name: Prince Julian Mattias

Physical characteristics:
Short wavy hair, dark red. Sharp blue eyes. A rosy complexion, often rosier cheeks because he's often drunk. A cheerful moustache. Smile lines.

Jules is a clown. A loving, annoying, well-meaning clown who embarrasses his family to no end. But what’s worse, is some years back his buffoonish charms prevented the onset of what might have been a war by winning over the princess of Ghastlémieux, a country that Xanthia had been on dangerously thin ice with, so now we can’t ignore him. Even though he hasn't done a single thing since then.

How are they affiliated with the royal family?:
The third oldest son of Mathilde. She doesn't, uh, mention him very often.

What are they wearing to the ball?:
Julian is wearing a fox themed half mask that is definitely getting lost partway into the night. His suit is like the one in the picture but dark red, with dark gold embroidery. Underneath is a white shirt with a high collar and a well-tied cravat that will look very elegant for his entrance, but a couple drinks later he's sure to loosen it and mess up the whole effect.

What are their aspirations for the evening?:
Jules is determined to use his powers of secret chaotic Shakespearean romcom schemes to help set his dear little brother Theo up with the girl of his dreams, or die trying. And get really drunk.

Name: Dianna, maiden name Desroches

Physical characteristics: Long black curly hair wrestled into an enormous braided bun. Pale skin, big hazel eyes. Long, elegant nose. (PJ Harvey faceclaim.) Chill, but often misunderstood because her thinking faces can be intense looking even when she's comfortable.

Dianna and Julian live in her homeland of Ghastlémieux, a small, hilly, windy, rocky kingdom, a perfect paradise if you're a gothic novelist. Dianna's elderly mother is still around, and technically still the queen, but she's in bad shape so Dianna is ruling as her regent for now. Jules happily plays the role of trophy husband/moral support.

How are they affiliated with the royal family?:
Married to Julian. Queen Mathilde doesn't like her very much, because she’s a bit eccentric, but she decided stopping a possible war was more important and let her marry in.

What are they wearing to the ball?:

Dianna is wearing a snail themed bustle gown the colour of an oak tree, with detailed corded spiral motifs on each side. She wears long opera gloves in a pale green silk, and a matching mask sporting two eyestalks topped with big white pearls.

What are their aspirations for the evening?:
To have a good time and make sure her husband doesn’t hurt himself too much.

Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

95 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2022 8:28 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I gave Rain's outfit a redesign and drew Clara real quick so here ya go:

Spoiler! :

he/they

95 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

How are everyone's posts coming along?

he/they

18 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:14 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

I am wanting to write my next one tonight, but I also don't wanna get too too far ahead of the people who haven't posted yet either. I feel like I saw @Moonglade say somewhere she has finals going on, so obviously that takes precedence! But yeah how is everyone else doing?

Ooh I gotta update the top post here too a little.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:16 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Right. Next week’s my last week of exams so then I’ll post a character profile. But as long as you try to avoid long scenes in the Queen’s bedroom it should be okay. (As I wanted to play a maid hand.)
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

18 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:27 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Yes! @Moonglade I will try to avoid long scenes there, especially ones needing Jessica. I can't wait to play through the whole bit of her sneaking in and with one of the Queen's dresses on and everything! Hehe. Best of luck on all your exams, we're thinking of you <3

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:45 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Thank you so much! ❤️!
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

56 Reviews

Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:33 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Can I make my character arrive at the ball now? It doesn't have to start yet but there could be people there early just mingling as they wait.
-Agent Carter

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:10 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Two things have occurred to me:

1) It's somewhat of a trope that people attending a ball will bring a gift for the host. I think we should do that here as kinda a way to flesh out the characters a little. Like, what would so and so think is a good gift for the prince they are trying to seduce, or go completely unnoticed by, or whatever else their goal is. It could also flesh out their wealth and the culture of the kingdom they come from. Like, what constitute an appropriate gift for such an event where they are from? Or, what category of things would be okay, and why did your character pick what they did out of those?

Could be interesting idk

and 2) I think I'm gonna give ulterior motives at the ball just to add drama. Like, they want their sister to marry the prince, but also they want something else and might be ~up to something~ while there just to add a little something. I haven't decided exactly what yet, so if anyone has ideas do toss em out there.

Also, I do feel like it has to be said at some point that Theodore is my real-life first name and I get slightly confused and newly surprised every time I read it. Just an funny coincidence lol.

he/they

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight