Young Writers Society

A Bad Bar Joke [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2022 8:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Reading along with A Bad Bar Joke and want some place to react to the story? Feel free to throw your thoughts here! @SebiGhoul, @SirenCymbaline and I probably won't use this thread for actual scheming, but we desperately want to geek out with anyone who's tried reading our fun little romance.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:49 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Not a single soul dared to say a single thing, still?

That won't do.

Well! I stopped at page six. Time to catch up, then re-read the first few pages to organically geek out about everything I enjoyed here instead of just with Siren.

Onward♪

Hi Mage! :D
Hi Siren! :D
Hi Sebig! :D

Note: I'd normally call you Sebi, but I required the five-letter thingy to make this triple-greeting as close to symmetrical as I could get. I also think the presence of Big in there is funny.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:59 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

i am se big now. im glad youre enjoying, I love these babies so much.
they/them

40 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:20 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Sebig it is♪

realizes ...Oh good heavens, this is how you actually speak. You simply must be protected at all costs.

That said, yes those babies are very much adorable, please cherish them, and I'll do that too.
You know.
Putting aside the cloned universe I've conceptualized ages ago because I appreciate this entire thing this badly.

But hey, you can understand why I didn't open with that kind of bombshell.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:55 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

thats incredibly kind of you. Im so glad our work is being appreciated to the extent of inspiring others.
they/them

40 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:13 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I do cheat in that department in that very few things don't inspire me, but this was a compliment and I'll let y'all ride it free of charge.

Sooooo you're welcome♪

Ooo, new BBJ message! :D

40 Reviews

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Page 8 Commentary (So Far):

Spoiler! :

Lucas blinked.

They hadn't been here that long, had they? When did she have time to get that? And where had she gotten that from?

"...Thank you?" he hesitantly replied.

Never underestimate the power of Knowledge For Serving. 'Tis strong.

"Of course. Let me know whenever you need more and ill get it to you." She involuntarily yawns, then looks out the window towards the front of the ship. "It's getting late. I'm going to head to bed. You sleep well." and with that she leaves, politely waving goodbye as she shuts the door to Orvin's room.

I always appreciate her lovely cadence? Short sentences, to the point, it's neat ^_^

and the camera pans over to a grown man placing 7 sugar cubes in his teacup.

...I did not expect a direct mention of the camera. I kinda see why, though, given that we got one Cool Gal leaving, therefore unable to see the seven sugar cubes.

...That is a lot of sugar cubes.

Lucas, unfortunately, was too caught up in staring at the pint of blood to notice that Orvin had put a ridiculous amount of sugar in his cup. Lucas still felt uneasy about drinking the blood, but he also really did want some tea...

Have you considered blood tea? :D

Uncorking the bottle, he carefully tipped some of it into his mouth. It was a hesitant gesture. The moment the blood touched his tongue, however, Lucas quickly realized how good it tasted. He downed it all in one big gulp, and only became aware of how quickly he had drank it afterwards.

Okay so first humans smell good, and now their blood is, like, godly. ...Not gonna lie, it really gives me the itch to write different descriptions with regards to how each type of blood tastes, like some parody anime called Vampire Connaisseur. I'd call it that because connoisseur is actually a bastardization of the French word "connaisseur", AKA "someone who knows", WHICH BY THE WAY ISN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE USED JUST FOR FOOD, WHY DOES ENGLISH KEEP DOING THIS WITH FRENCH WO-
the point is it would be a hit anime. I'll see if I can conceptualize that.

...Where was I. Ah, yes; I'm hyped for blood taste descriptions later.

What was going to happen to him now? Being a vampire hadn't been all that different than being a human so far, but what if human blood made things different? What if he became less of a person somehow, or just couldn't stop himself from wanting more and more and more-

He pulled his legs up onto the bed again, this time resting his elbows against his knees as he held his head in his hands.

Okay so he's gonna need a hug soon, but I'm glad Mage's bringing that up. Like he didn't suddenly became a new species with a new craving, right, he's gonna need to adjust mentally.

Glorious♪

Other vampires have had reactions regarding its taste, and their body is more designed to process it, so it can be a bit overwhelming if they've only ever had the blood of livestock.

And I appreciate how pragmatic he is about it! Also, hey, worldbuilding!

"Lucas," He says, reaching a hand to his end of the table. "Are you okay?"

"Just having an identity crisis over here, don't mind me♪"

"I'm..." he said, and he wanted to say that he was fine,
but he's not really fine, but he just can't get into it because they would never understan-

Sorry. Had to. XD

(Which, when Lucas thought about it in the very back of his mind, didn't make any sense. Why was there human blood ready to give to a vampire, and why would Orvin be so okay with it?)

Oh you should totes ask him, fam.

Time to re-read page 1 through 8 and provide more comments like this! Well, you know, while having fun with Vampire Connaisseur.

Hmm... Could use Immortal Kingdom — Hellvania for this... Snibal-Drago-Gira, too...

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato