No votes

Total votes : 4

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:53 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Here´s the Hub for our RP, I guess.

I´ve put the summary we discussed in the forum here into spoilers but we´re still here to discuss everything. :D

Spoiler! :
So we are rebels(?). We are against the government (or a gigantic coalition of different governments) who want to build (or are already building, and are about to enter the stratosphere?) a Space Elevator to bring raw materials from space. Scientists, however, believe that this could lead to a hole, causing the atmosphere to break like a glass ball, literally wiping the Earth of all life.

What if the Space Elevator is already finished, and this problem already exists, and the government people now take the lift to the top where there is a Space Station where they can live in safety and leave the Earth to decay? And this has been built in Antarctica, which is unrealistic but doesn't matter to us.

And we hear that there is a solution to this problem, some chemical formula that could heal this "hole", and the government/this elite is deliberately not giving it away so that they can return and let only the best live? Some kind of "we are the elite and we are now adopting Darwin's theories"? Our mission would be that

1. Recognise that there is a problem with the increased extinction caused by the fish life around Antarctica, which has nothing to do with melting.
2. We hear from some rich bastard that they have a solution to this problem up there? And maybe we'll even hear that they're deliberately not giving it away.
3. We are looking for a way to get to the space elevator, maybe located in a new (and largest) city on Earth, Amundsen City. Or we are living there and is a typical cyberpunk city that is declining?
4. getting to the top and getting that formula?

=> Maybe even adding a plot-twist that one of us is betraying us?

I don´t know, so suggestions are good.

Tagging
@Magebird
@ScarlettFire
@ShadowVyper
@MailicedeNamedy
Last edited by MailicedeNamedy on Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for making this thread & summarizing the plan so far Mailice! I also really like the idea of someone in the group betraying the others. I'm not super sure who I'm doing *just* yet and can guess whoever I settle on wouldn't be down for that, but I could have them keep being from another world a secret. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Excuse me, untitled??? I think you mean MaShMaSc xD MaScMaSh is easier to make a sentence from tho

Machiavellian Schemes Made Shameful
Macabre Schematics Maniacally Shattered
Marketable Scientific Man-made Shortcomings
Magnificent Scandals Maliciously Shallow
Materialistic Scorn Malevolently Shortsighted

this just took me an embarrassing amount of time to construct xD

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

>.>

I still don’t know who to toss into this… I’m sure I’ll find someone lol
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:00 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I like the first two options of names. We should do a poll.

I was thinking, would it be okay if my character had a metal hand? Just to maybe break a table xD Or even from that material that is from Mage´s world.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

polls work for me

I'd be down for that! I might have to invent a material, but I'm definitely down for your character having a metal hand. I want that dramatic table break. :P

Maybe I could steal one of my Genshin ocs for this? I just made a new one last night, and it might be fun having this roleplay be their first ever story. >>
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Cool to see that we can add polls even after creating a thread.

I think the material could just have some simple name like XGN57-490© Triton?

That sounds cool. I thought about the backstory and personality of my character... I think some cocky, tomboyish, rushing figure that wants to change things too fast, and that´s how she lost her hand when she was sent to prison.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I cast my vote. :)

And oooh she sounds neat! I feel like she'd get along well with my oc. Triton would definitely work.

...Now that I think about, having a Genshin oc/Genshin materials be used in this roleplay really does work well. >> There's a floating palace called the Jade Chamber in Genshin. There was a whole side quest where the players have to rebuild it, so there's information on what materials the game used to make it float.

Here's what the functionality section of the wiki page says, in case you don't want to have to dig through lore stuff:

- The Jade Chamber is able to float due to a large chunk of Sunset Vermillionite inside of it. Sunset Vermillionite is a type of large Plaustrite, and the unique floating properties of Plaustrite give the chamber its airborne status.

- The control compartment of the Jade Chamber is responsible for allowing aerial movement the chamber. By combining Adepti Sigils and Wonder Cores and inserting them into the control compartment, the Jade Chamber can be controlled.

- The Jade Chamber holds a tremendous amount of energy within it and is extremely heavy. According to Ningguang in Auction Games, it was able to defeat Osial due to the combined effects of its great weight hitting Osial with incredible force, while the energy within it triggered the spectacular explosion.
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:15 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

These tiny Genshin facts are reminding me that I should download the game sooner or later. I just don´t have time for it right now... Maybe I should ask my boss if I can play during working hours.

I think Edi (was that her nickname now?) will get along fine with everybody as long as she gets her daily dose of coffee xD

I think even we should add warm-water-penguins like Pen-Pen from Neon Genesis Evangelion that roam the streets of the city. Instead of stray dogs, there are stray penguins. :D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Yes. My character, Berry, is going to 100% adopt a penguin and take it back to Teyvat (the world Genshin is set in) even though I'm pretty sure penguins aren't a thing there. :P

And ahhh that would be great if you did get it! I can send you my UID if you do. I'm not sure if we'd be able to play together, but it would still be cool being Genshin friends. :)
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:58 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I should try to download it to my PS4. I tried it once on my mobile phone but never got farther than the title screen. Maybe my mobile is too weak. :D

I´ve also now tried to make my character more than just her name, so here we go.

Spoiler! :
Name Edelgard Emmeline von Bellingshausen

Nickname Edi (?) in the rebel branch people call her Edelweiss (those who respect or fear her) or Big Barker (pun on "Belling => bellen = barking) = those who make fun of her.

Age 27 - 30

Pronouns She/her

Appearance Long black hair, usually tied in a ponytail. However, the hair is not straight and always looks dirty. Sometimes you find feathers there because she likes to fall asleep wherever it suits her. She has a shield-shaped face, freckles, green eyes, small nose and big mouth. She is slim and agile, nimble and fast. She is 1,75 cm tall. She is wearing shoes with short heels, flared jeans, a light-coloured top and has a ring on her left hand. Her right hand is a kind of prosthesis. She has a tattoo of an hourglass with two roses on the sides that lose a petal and skulls all around.

Character Self-confident, self-serving, egotistical, conflict-seeking, sometimes passive aggressive, tomboyish, bad at listening to other people's ideas, cocky, sometimes a little bad at behaviour, likes to use violence to solve problems when she doesn't know the answer, quick to envy. Likes penguins and hates apples. (“With eating apples, every paradise has come to an end.”) Her favourite thing to do is ride around on her motorbike when she needs to think. She doesn't like it when people know more than she does. Then she usually becomes a bit more quick-tempered.

Backstory Born and raised by father. Never went to school, learned everything from her father until his death. She then lived alone on the street and formed a gang of other orphans. She went to prison because she demonstrated against some new things and sometimes tried to create chaos with a small army. Spent three years in prison where they chopped off her hand. After she was allowed to leave prison, she went underground and joined a rebel movement. There she received the [insert weird material here] hand. During the rebel years she acquired a lot of knowledge but still lacks a lot of other things (Bad at arithmetic, directions, sleeping schedules, respect of elders and generally conforming to social manners). Over time, she became the leader of a rebel branch in a neighbourhood of the city.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's a good idea! I use the mobile version, but my brother's used the PS4 version and didn't have any major issues with it. :)

Edi looks amazing, btw. <33 I need to write up a formal description for Berry at some point, but I do have a post I made about them on Tumblr earlier today!

Spoiler! :

New Genshin oc time! Meet Berry, a pyro swordsman from Fontaine. They come off as an airhead a lot of the time. Their obliviousness about a lot of normal things really doesn’t help.

Some fun facts about Berry include:

• Everyone assumes they have a hydro vision until they whip out some flames.
  • They have a tendency to run away from anything Abyss-related. If asked, they saw it’s because Abyss enemies just feel wrong. Also, they’re OP as all heck, so that’s another reason for Berry to steer clear of them.
  • They don’t like going into churches.
  • Even though Berry’s seemingly airheaded a lot of the time, they’re absolutely terrifying on the battlefield when they take it seriously. It likes being in battle flips a switch in them.
  • Berry absolutely created the Teyvat equivalent of a selfie.

(Berry was made using a slightly edited version of this Picrew! I just made their eyes a lighter shade of blue.)

Basically, Berry's from Genshin's equivalent of France, has fire powers, and is really good with a sword. They also have the ability to change their form, but I didn't mention it in the OG post because I wanted to surprise my Tumblr followers.
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:35 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Oh, that´s weird. I usually don´t have problems with my mobile like I could play FF XV and everything was fine. Maybe it was just a problem with my trying to create an account... I try to get the PS4 version.

Thanks!

And Berry looks nice. I can see Edi getting mad because she doesn´t know the difference between the rift and France and thinks Berry is French. xD "You´re from France, right? Say yes, my brain can´t understand everything in this world!"

What about age rating? Can I use simple curse words (like crap) and it would be fine to stay at 12+? I couldn´t find a list about it, besides a randomosity post by Nate without info for more information. :D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That really is weird! Genshin is a pretty big game, but I'm not sure you would have problems with it if you were able to download & play other high quality games fine.

That would be hilarious. :P Berry would probably roll with it as soon as people start thinking they're from France. :P

That's a good question! I think 12+ would be okay, but we could always bump the rating up if we have to. :)
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:12 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Yeah, maybe I´m just stupid. Usually Mailice + Technique = Boom.

I can see how Berry talks about magic and flying castles and Edi is just like "France is some weird place. Full of fairytales." xD

That gives me the idea about those rifts = they are common knowledge for the people but Edi is a bit like a flat earther just with the rifts. They don´t exist. xD Flat rifters?

I think Edi stays with crap and uses it like Hello. But we have to look at what the others have to add.

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow