Young Writers Society

LSS: Clockwork Spies [OOC]

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:08 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Awesome! And yup, deciding on a city name is an excellent idea ^^'
It seems like the names we've used so far are "the bridge city" or "Clockworth"... One idea I had was that perhaps the city originally had a fancy name like some of the names in the brainstorming pad, but as Clockworth Academy became more renowned, the city was kind of eclipsed by that and just became known as Clockworth City? What do you all think? (And if we go with that idea, what should the original name be?)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:20 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Oooh that’s a good idea, maybe we could all pick a name from the wfp and the city could have had a lot of different names because it used to be at war a lot and each monarch would change the name but when the school was set up and began running the city no one could challenge them so the city just began to be referred to as Clockworth becaus the school was the main reason the city was popular?
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

18 Reviews

Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:19 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

I've started working on my second post, I put the bit I've got in the wfp if anyone wants to see how it's going.
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

243 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:19 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

So... it was getting pretty late in my time zone, and it was partially my fault for not checking in with you guys, so I went ahead and double-posted to get our word count in for this week. I hope that's okay ^^' I also added an image + short description to the first post of our roleplay-- let me know if there's anything I should add or remove!
I don't think I'll have much time next week because some exams are coming up, so I won't be able to write any long posts. But I wanted to say that I think anything from orientation to introduction to roommates and first classes should be fair game for our third posts! Throw in some worldbuilding details too if you can :D

Ideas I had while writing: I was thinking the city could be divided into twelve districts, like the markings on a clock. Perhaps the first district could be on one end of the bridge and the twelfth on the opposite end? And the teachers/principal might use a code like "seven and a quarter" to refer to district seven, in the first quarter of the day (so in the morning, like 6am). And for the severity of the rebellion, they could use something like seconds for minor ones and hours for major ones?
Also, just a random detail I added in there, but maybe the principal is some kind of royalty? I tried not to add too much other description though, because we haven't finalized the principal yet. What do you all think she/he/they should be like?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

18 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:29 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Thanks for throwing in another post! Sorry I couldn’t get mine in, I did have a question though, do we want to have all our characters as roommates?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:39 pm
View Likes
JamesPeterson says...

I think that would be beneficial to move the story forward. At least have most of them together maybe?
Zacharias Drake

18 Reviews

Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:28 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Also, there was an idea in the wfp to have a bakery, I can easily fit a small mention of it in my post, does anyone have any name ideas?

Also, @Spearmint I can explain your city district idea in my post, I that's alright with you?

18 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:28 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Do we want to all write different parts of the orientation, or is one person just going to put it in their post?

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:50 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

HI! I am so sorry I didnt get a post in- I forgot my computer at my Grandma's house and am only getting access to it now. I think Orientation should probably be only from one point of view, as it could get repetitive if several people did it, also I love the idea of the twelve districts!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

21 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:06 am
View Likes
JamesPeterson says...

I'm with Jaz on both counts :D
Great idea, and one post should be sufficient

Also, @MythMaster, I put the thing about Arc into my second post, If that's alright. I just thought that it would be cool if Araden and Leonard ran into each other at some point and Arc's rings told him something was wrong. Just a cool idea that can flesh out some stuff, if you're up for it
Zacharias Drake

18 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:07 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Oh ya that would be cool, maybe they could be roommates? Also I have my post ready, I just need a name for the bakery, if no one minds I can come up with a name myself but it wasn't my idea to start with so I wasn't sure if someone else had a name idea?

21 Reviews

Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:02 pm
View Likes
JamesPeterson says...

Yeah, that's a good plan.
And it's not up to me but I don't know if it matters too much. Whatever you want to do.
Pipes and Pastries or somethin :D
Zacharias Drake

243 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:16 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Yup, I'm good with any name for the bakery! :D And yeah, it'd be awesome if you could explain the city districts, Myth!
As for roommates, I've written Kay to have some mysterious side character as her roommate, but Araden and Leonard can definitely room together! Harry and Jaz, do you want to have Sam and Percy be roommates?
Also, I'm agreed with Jaz-- it'd probably be clearer to have one person write orientation! C:
mint, she/her

=D

18 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:54 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Ok then I’ll get my post up!

Is there anyone who wants to put the orientation in their post?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:32 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there crewmates! I'm glad to see writing for week three, and excited to continue reading!! Just a reminder that if you didn't write last week to make sure and get some writing in this week or you'll become a ghost writer!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith