LSS: The Fools' Quest OOC

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:10 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

THE FOOLS' QUEST

Here we are folks. We made it to LSS II. This is your captain speaking. *screeching feedback into the mic as i tap it*

@ShadowVyper @Carina SOUND OFF!!!!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Here's a character sheet! For age I'm thinking somewhere between 20's and mid-30's at most?
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender + Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[u][i]- Strengths:[/i][/u]
[u][i]- Weaknesses:[/i][/u]

[b]Current Job/Role in the Town:[/b]

[b]Brief Backstory:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:40 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

HELLO HELLO PEOPLES are u ready to go absolutely bonkers that we might break yws

here's a work in progress for character -- will edit as i go

--

Name: Gilson, but his dad calls him Gil and everyone else calls him Fish
Gender + Pronouns: male, he/him
Appearance: 5'11", lanky dude, olive skin, lotsa freckles, icy blue eyes, messy mop of brown hair

Personality: awkward, overthinks things, tends to overshare, freaks out easily, easily nervous/anxious, laughs at unfunny jokes, tells unfunny jokes, laughs at his own jokes kind of jokes, asks too many questions, type of dude to stay up all night to fix something broken, doesn't like to stir up trouble, likes geek culture
    - Strengths: very loyal and dependable friend, extremely thorough, good problem solver, an eye for detail, good with technology, is usually the dude people call as a fixer upper or when they have IT problems, likes to make little robot friends that do useless activities
    - Weaknesses: isn't very ambitious, not very confident, afraid of disappointing his dad, socially awkward, bad at social cues, doesn't know when to stop talking, bad at keeping in touch, gets lost in his own world sometimes, risk-adverse

Current Job/Role in the Town: His dad is a fisher and Gilson is supposed to take over his fishing business in the future, but for now helps him cut up the fish and sell it (much to his dismay).

Brief Backstory: Gilson is the son of Fischer and [redacted]. His father, Fischer, refuses to talk about his mom and gets angry any time he brings her up, or tries to talk about any emotionally vulnerable topic. This strains their relationship and so Gilson doesn't feel like he's close with his dad at all, and only ever has surface-level conversations. So growing up, he spent his time with toys and gadgets, which sparked his curiosity with technology.

Other: Gilson always smells like fish, so he was nicknamed Fish all his life by his peers. He just goes with it and adopts it as his identity, rarely ever using his real name at all except when he's with his dad. Although secretly, he's not a big fan of the nickname since it's too close to his father's name.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:36 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I LOVE THE SOUND OF GIL aka Fish so far

And honestly for backstory you don't have to think of anything TOO deep, like, it ok if it's just broad strokes and we fill in blanks as we write lol

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:13 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Name: Darrana Elstan. Her parents call her Rana, everyone else calls her Rain (is this me giving myself an 'out' if I can't switch fully to Rain? Maybe...)
Gender + Pronouns: female, she/her
Appearance: 5'7", pale skin, long dirty-blonde hair, blue eyes. She's overweight but fit, and surprisingly strong.

Personality: Rain is incredibly -- intentionally -- charismatic. She goes out of her way to make sure people feel comfortable around her and works extremely hard to ensure that people like her. She's got some things she's intensely passionate about, but on the whole, tries to stay neutral and pleasant, rather than polarizing in her opinions. That being said, she will absolutely stand up for what she believes in when the time is right. She just might (will) cry about it later if someone is mean to her.

Overall, she is pretty easy to get along with and has a good sense of humor. She is a bit too driven sometimes, to the point that she has a hard time relaxing and can get a bit obsessive about her goals and aspirations. But she's authentic and cares a lot about her friends and sister, and will generally back off if you chastise her about being too hyperfocused on a singular goal.

- Strengths: Very organized, pays close attention to detail, is very good at reading people, can remember small tidbits of information that are occasionally helpful later on (such as remembering random facts about you, so that she can ask about it the next time she sees you, to make you feel special and important). She's good at being a "social chameleon" and can easily adapt her behavior to whatever situation she finds herself in -- down to speech patterns and body language.

- Weaknesses: She lacks self-confidence, and is easily discouraged if something doesn't work perfectly on the very first try. She also has a hard time speaking up for herself and making herself be heard in situations that others are likely to talk over her. Very anxious if things aren't perfectly within her control.

Current Job/Role in the Town: High school teacher (not sure exact subjects, but English/social studies/logic/etc. vibes)

Brief Backstory: Rain is the oldest daughter of a wealthy businessman, and has always had a tense relationship with him. He is very controlling and overbearing and makes exactly 0 effort to take what Rain wants into consideration. He was very much hoping for a son, so she's been disappointing him from the moment of her birth, and he makes no secret of his disgust and disapproval. Her mother is more affectionate, but also a bit distant, and very much enables her husband's abuse of Rain.

Rain has a sister who is dramatically younger than she is herself -- Lianna is only 16 and currently attends the high school where Rain teaches, although she is -- thankfully -- not enrolled in any of the classes Rain teaches. Despite that, Rain still spends a lot of time helping Lia with her studies and is generally over-protective of her little sister, sometimes to the point of being smothering. But it comes from a good place, and Rain is a much-needed buffer between Lia and their father, so Rain is the one who has to deal with 98% of his nastiness.

Other:

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:38 am
View Likes
Omni says...

first post of lss c:
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:44 am
View Likes
Shady says...

can u say ur surprised it was us? @Omni

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:47 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Greetings, fellow members of this mortal plane. Your friendly YWS deity here to wish you luck as the competition rolls right around the corner. I love all of your character designs, and I hope you have fun with them.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

hey look @AlmostImmortal blest us :')

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:04 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Blest you, I did. Blest you shall be.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

so blest we already hit the wc goal lmao

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

>.>
<.<
<.>

[they/he]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:53 am
View Likes
Omni says...

awesome job!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:29 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

boom three into posts in B) we got dis babee

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

HELLO @almostimmortal welcom to da crib thank u for stopping by :') good luck on ur rp journey as well!!!

and yes we smashed that wc day one lol......... the temptation to continue anyways is strong
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said