z

Young Writers Society

LSS: The Last Word OOC

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun May 29, 2022 4:13 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

That's okay, Elinor!! We'll leave spaces for you to add stuff in the pad!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

672 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2022 5:57 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

We're at about 2,000 words in the pad now— there are some places to fill in dialogue, and with Elinor's intro, we should be good!!

Mailice and I also talked a bit about plot—we have the characters running into Detective Donaldson, who then brings them in for questioning because he found out they're also working on the Grant case and wants to find out what they know. We were thinking that it would be Donaldson who actually discerns what 722 means, and that maybe he'd share his own hunches/information that leads to the group maybe confronting a gang? We'd like to hear your thoughts/other ideas though! Looking forward to seeing what y'all write!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun May 29, 2022 8:16 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I added Caroline's stuff. We're at 2,396 words, but I was a little bit confused on the Donaldson stuff so I left that blank for now.

Regarding next week, I'm not sure what the plan is but I am going to be unavailable Thursday-Sunday. It would be best for me to do an individual post, or if we want to collab again, I can add in Caroline's stuff later.

Looking forward to it!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun May 29, 2022 11:51 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I’ll add my part in a little later and post it!

I’m going to be gone June 3-9 (this Friday through next Thursday), so individual posts would work better for me too.

672 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:29 am
View Likes
Plume says...

I think we can do like, individual questioning posts where the characters are talked to by Detective Donaldson, so this next week can for sure be individual posts!

142 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I finished up the post in the WFP if you all want to check it. Otherwise, I'll post it in about an hour.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 30, 2022 3:44 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

How’re y’all doing on your posts for this week? Cheering you on!! (Our team also lives on the edge, our captain just happens to be in an earlier time zone so we do it a day before everyone else XD)
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

142 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 4:28 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Posted with 2,600 words! Good job, everyone.

Thank you for the encouragement, @winterwolf0100! We ended up doing one, big collab post again this week and I didn't get to posting it until ~30 minutes before the deadline. Good luck living on the edge to you, too!

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Mon May 30, 2022 4:12 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

This week we can write individual posts again, namely about how we are all interrogated by Donaldson. Everyone can write what they want, I think we just need to agree on who they interrogate first so that we have an order there, who posts?

Next week I would suggest that we do some filler posts, maybe also to keep our feet on the ground after we have been questioned and only then maybe meet at someone's house where we start to think about 722 and Grant and Donaldson comes back to us where we start the subplot with the gangs.

This week: Interrogations (individual posts)
Next week: Filler posts
The week after next: meeting/discussion somewhere in a café or something.

Would that be all right?
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

142 Reviews

672 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 4:58 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Sounds good!!

1232 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2022 2:01 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I just found this random fact about the prohibition:

During Prohibition in the United States, criminals bought industrial alcohol and repurposed it for human consumption. To prevent this, the government encouraged companies to add poisonous methanol (wood alcohol) to industrial alcohol. Unfortunately, this didn't entirely prevent its consumption. It did, however, kill many of the people who drank it. As many as 10,000 people might have died as a result.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:43 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

So, I just saw this.

This all in mind, we should perhaps reconsider our plan for the next few weeks.

This week could still be detective interviews... but considering the ending we have mapped out and and how far along we are already, I don't think it's a stretch for us to get to a conclusion within the next few weeks.

I'm not as concerned with writing as many words/winning LSS as long as we do a good job and come up with a satisfying conclusion to the story. Thoughts? I know we haven't talked much about how our characters are going to end up, but perhaps we should keep that in mind too.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

142 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:23 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I agree on the wrapping up the story well part, but I do want to place well in LSS.

What if we do the filler posts the tsunami week and bump back talking in the cafe to what would be week 21? That way we don't have to collaborate that much and we can write more about our individual characters than the plot at hand. We could get a lot of words in that way, as well.

1232 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:05 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Ok, so we are now coming to the end of the story. (And I´m glad that next week is rest, as I´m not online on YWS from Tuesday onwards.)

So we can write the interrogation parts this week and next week we rest.

Can we only write one post in a week? If not, we could write more than one? Like a filler post and maybe add a post, where everybody goes to another gang because Donaldson asked for it? And then a final longer post, where we conclude the story?

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights