z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Death From the Depths [OOC]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:19 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I also vote for being on the same ship! It'll probably make character dynamics and relationships more interesting through regular interaction I suppose they could like yeet parrots with notes over the sea, but that's not exactly a group chat xD
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:58 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

"Captain! We've received a parrot!"
"Quick! Read the message to me!"
"It's- it's not a message, Captain! It's an intricately painted portrait of another pirate with the caption 'felt cute might delete later'!"
"Shiver me timbers! Don't they know parrot mail isn't for selfies??"

in all seriousness I also vote for being on the same ship XD
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:01 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Awesome, the consensus is on the same ship! I agree that it's definitely going to be easier for actual rping if we're on the same ship?

What do you all think about the premise? Here's the premise I proposed, for a refresh:

We're all a part of a pirate guild. This pirate guild has been ruling over the seas for years. The port country has been more than happy to let this happen as they get paid off a little bit on the side, and the pirates get to have a bustling mercantile empire.

The leader of this formed pirate guild mysteriously passes away. An emergency meeting has been set, and the leaders of the pirate guild all come together, expecting a war or something, only to figure out the bad news.

A note was left saying that if the guild leader has died, it was not an accident and something was taken. The pirate guild, instead of banding together, splits into infighting amongst themselves. Our group of pirates, low-lifes, end up finding some prophecy or instructions or a clue to where to go next. So we steal a ship (true pirate style) and head to the location to fight for the end goal that will somehow unite the pirate guild once more.

If we like this idea, I really think it's a good idea to go ahead with this and start developing our characters ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:45 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Yes, I approve! arrrrrrrr

One question that I’d like to bring up for consideration is this— how well might our characters know each other before the story begins in writing? Presumably they’ve probably all heard of each other just from being in the guild, but I think it might be helpful to think of how they might be connected as we create the characters. Are they friends? Rivals? Mere acquaintances? Some situation where A and B are friends and so are A and C but C is B’s rival— like mixes in the group?

(If it’s mixed like that, then we don’t have to decide who would create a rival/friend/other with another character before any characters have even been created— in fact I think that’s probably not the way to go. I think different positive/negative relationships are great and we can totally do those, but it’s better for those to come up on their own through discovered dynamics instead of planning on it before we even know about these people lol)

But general, non-individual relationships across the whole group might be helpful to establish first. If these people are going to share a ship and a mission, are they doing it because they trust each other and make a loyal team? Do they not get along well but grudgingly work together for the greater good and a common goal? Did they know each other in passing and happened to crew up because why not these people?

And if we go with something like general friendship, but then we start writing and A and B turn out to have a grudge that comes up later in the story, that could be fine too! Although that wouldn’t be what we plan for now. It’s just the group as a whole’s relationship that I’m wondering about, and what we want for it.

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:14 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I'd love to see dynamic relationships amongst our crew! I definitely think it would be best if they at least know of each other. Perhaps we are all a part of different pirate guilds! So, perhaps some of our characters are from the same guild and are friends or a part of the same crew even, but then some might be enemies or adversaries because they're from different guilds but they have to work together.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:48 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I have made a pad!! https://omni.writerfeedpad.com/589 i know some of us are a bit hesitant on working in pads, so feel free to use discord and this ooc as well, I'm just making this pad so people can see my work in progress ^^

Since we have a kind of basic plot in place, I think the next step would be to brainstorm titles and our characters! I'd love for us to find a time we're all on to get together and brainstorm.

Today is Wednesday evening for me, so I'd love for us to brainstorm sometime this weekend? What day/time would work best for yall? and if this info is a bit too public in ooc, we can move the convo over to discord.

Regarding my character, I'm thinking of making him someone in tune with magic and also a bitter guy, but I'm still in the early stages of brainstorming for him

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

This weekend would be great! I'm free Sunday, Saturday I've got a closing show and a D&D session.

I'm still contemplating my character, but I'm thinking she's haunted, whether figuratively or literally. And she uses a pistol/cutlass combo. Herbo vibes :))
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I should be free both Sunday and Saturday! Afternoons work a little better for me, though I'm still flexible. (It's also Wednesday evening/night for me.)

I might have an idea for someone who became an outlaw and decided they might as well become a pirate and join a guild. An ex-knight, maybe? I'm excited to see how that idea develops.

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Saturday doesn't work at all for me, but Sunday afternoon does!

How do you guys only have one character idea I have too many
Send help I'm drowning in pirate characters

haha get it drowning cause pirates and they sail and I'll see myself out
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay Sunday Afternoon then! Would 4PM CST work for everyone? For reference, that would be arrooound 12 hours from the time of this post. We can brainstorm characters and plot some title and beginning posts :D Then we can fully get on the road of prepping Week One :D

I will be putting some ideas on my character in the pad before hand.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:26 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I think so! Can’t wait!

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I am so sorry yall for missing our potential meet up!! I am still recovering from Covid and yesterday was a rough day for me. I have some progress on my character in the pad (his name is Rodrin! I am already liking my inspo for him and have a lot of ideas for him)

I'd really still like us to meet up sometime before the 31st so we can get together and brainstorm so we're all on the same page and have a good headstart for writing ^^ What days are best for yall? Right now I can do any day. Would we like to do the weekend before the 31st? Or sometime this week?

(Also I put a title in the pad that I'm quite liking the more I read it ^^ It's Death from the Depths. What do yall think?)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:59 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@AceassinOfTheMoon @Corvid @SoullessGinger @SilverNight boop :P

what are we thinking on brainstorming? How's your characters coming along??

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Rodrin is finished! He's in the collab pad :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:24 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

He looks super cool! Mine will be up in the next two days (I always come up with a name last)
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake