z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Death From the Depths [OOC]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:31 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

*quietly pulls out a folder labeled "Pirate Characters I Haven't Done Anything With Yet"*

Something sea and/or ship related could be fun :eyes:
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:36 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

That would be really cool! And it would keep with the whole Last Ship Sailing Theme.. and if we threw some magic in there, like sea themed magic...

I was also interested in that fantastical school idea @Omni put in his question thingy in the Tavern. lol pirate school? Jk jk... unless
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

13 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes

Swashbuckler's Academy! Now offering classes such as Menacing Flag Design, Dramatic Swordfighting, Fashion, Sailing 101, Witty Quips, and Sea Puns!

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:51 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I don't know how well I'd be able to write a pirate, in all honesty XD (ironic, i know, im the one who came up with the whole pirate sea aesthetic for LSS, but shhhhhhh)

I'm also interested in like a magic school type scenario because i put it in the tavern LOL
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:04 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I'd be slightly less excited for a school thing compared to pirate shenanigans, but I'm happy to do it if that's what we want! combining the two can't go wrong
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:54 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Anyone got any pirate ideas/fantasy ideas buzzing around in their head? If not, would yall be down for like a brainstorming wfp session?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:46 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Maybe like... recently an island emerged from the sea, and its related to some important deity of pirates or wealth, and a bunch of different pirate crews have to race to get there first, through the most dangerous seas/chain of islands. And then when we get there we have to journey deep into the island volcano and get past traps to get to the treasure? While trying to beat the other pirate crews? And there's an ancient God monster cthulu type thing waiting to stop us?

I'll have more ideas in like 30 for those of us more fantasy inclined too
And then we can all chat
Last edited by SoullessGinger on Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
she/her

135 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:48 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Ooooh, that sounds fun! And yes, would love to brainstorm stuff sometime

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:59 pm
View Likes

Oooh, I'm liking the sound of Ginger's idea :eyes:

and I'd be down for a brainstorming wfp session sometime soon except timing might be weird and I probably couldn't stay for long bc a) my parents have this thing about me spending too much time talking to people online and b) wfps are a minor anxiety trigger for me so I'd have to leave pretty quickly

uhh tl;dr is that I'd be down for wfp brainstorming but in like. short bursts.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 am
View Likes
Omni says...

SoullessGinger wrote:Maybe like... recently an island emerged from the sea, and its related to some important deity of pirates or wealth, and a bunch of different pirate crews have to race to get there first, through the most dangerous seas/chain of islands. And then when we get there we have to journey deep into the island volcano and get past traps to get to the treasure? While trying to beat the other pirate crews? And there's an ancient God monster cthulu type thing waiting to stop us?

I'll have more ideas in like 30 for those of us more fantasy inclined too
And then we can all chat

There's a lot of ideas here that I think are really cool! I'mma break them up a bit to see what we like and what we might not vibe with as well ^^

-A league of pirates (i like this idea! Certain pirate guild and stuff)

-A race to cash/some other prize

-An adventure by some mythical being

-A journey to an island volcano

-Some large monster that we need to defeat/trying to stop us

And I'll add some ideas of my own!

-a mysterious newcomer that disrupts the flow of things

-magic????? i love magic

-A prophecy? I love me a good ole prophecy XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:34 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

OOOOOH those are all super cool. I am also very partial to prophecies :)
she/her

13 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:21 pm
View Likes

definitely didn't read 'mysterious newcomer' as 'mysterious necromancer' what are you talking about

oooh, a pirate's guild could be really fun! and prophecies are always very nice

gonna be a lil' bit cliche here but
What if the prophecy states that whoever finds the treasure first gets to rule over the pirate guild? And the location of this treasure has just come to light? So a whole bunch of pirate crews are off searching for this treasure to earn some fame, glory, and power
Obviously there's going to be sabotage in there because pirates are not known for their shining moral code and so maybe that's where the mysterious newcomer comes in? A person who appears randomly on various ships and offers their assistance in finding the treasure or sabotaging the other crews, but for... a price *lightning flashes dramatically in the distance*

I think I had more thoughts but I don't know where they went so this is all I have right now XD

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

135 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:02 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I am ALWAYS down for magic. And for some reason I nearly always add guild stuff in my writing worlds, so I would love that too! @AceassinOfTheMoon's specific idea for a prophecy sounds good to me, so I'm also in favor of that as long as it doesn't have to rhyme, idk about you guys but that part of prophecies annoys me more than a liiiiiittle bit.

Also yes mysterious newcomer. Some pitches of my own here I guess??

-Mysterious Person Who Appears Randomly On People's Boats could be a ghost who is bored and has nothing better to do than make shady deals with people (or, is cursed to wander the seas and make bargains forevermore). Bonus points if they're chaotic neutral because I'm getting those vibes from them.

-MPWAROPB (for short) could have even been in the race for said prize once upon a time but died in the perils of the voyage. If we do want to do something like that, maybe this prophecy repeats itself every so often?

-I wonder if this would be kinda cliche too, but maybe our crew of characters is kinda young/relatively inexperienced and at the bottom of the pirate guild, so they're being walked on all the time by the Bigger Guys and are getting really tired of it. This prophecy would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so maybe they take it because they want to prove themselves.

-And this is a little unrelated to the rest of this, but if the whole world isn't based on piracy then these people are technically outlaws. That would probably add some challenges and subplots to the journey-- get the treasure, don't lose to other pirates, and don't let yourself get caught by the Powers That Be (aka, some law enforcement peeps that don't mind getting a little wet to track pirates down)

silver (she/they)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay okay idea forming!!

We're all a part of a pirate guild. This pirate guild has been ruling over the seas for years. The port country has been more than happy to let this happen as they get paid off a little bit on the side, and the pirates get to have a bustling mercantile empire.

The leader of this formed pirate guild mysteriously passes away. An emergency meeting has been set, and the leaders of the pirate guild all come together, expecting a war or something, only to figure out the bad news.

Now this is where the idea splits into two ideas!

If we man our own ships

A note was left saying that if the guild leader has died, it was not an accident and something was taken. The pirate guild must band together to head into a territory of monsters and demons that no pirate has dared enter before. Of course, the pirate guild turns it into a competition and puts money, fame, and heading the pirate guild on the line.

If we are a part of one ship

A note was left saying that if the guild leader has died, it was not an accident and something was taken. The pirate guild, instead of banding together, splits into infighting amongst themselves. Our group of pirates, low-lifes, end up finding some prophecy or instructions or a clue to where to go next. So we steal a ship (true pirate style) and head to the location to fight for the end goal that will somehow unite the pirate guild once more.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

26 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:02 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

I like us being on the same ship, personally
she/her

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire