Young Writers Society

HQ: Atlas Rising [OOC]

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:00 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

i love this concept and also joining things at the last possible second
(but seriously ty Omni for the spot, this looks super exciting!!)
"yeet"
- albert einstein

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome @Corvid!! and with that, this roleplay is closed ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:16 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Now that everyone is here, I wanna introduce myself a bit! I haven't roleplayed with any of you before, besides winter (and maybe Cyr? memory bad) so hello! My name is Omni!!

I am a old, old roleplayer :P ye olde, my bones are brittle.

But anyway! I'd like to talk a bit about my roleplaying style. Since most of you are new to my roleplays, I do things a bit unique? Well, not unique, just, different xD

I emphasize collaboration. I view roleplaying as a group of writers creating a novel together. (Aether's Heart is a perfect example, go read it, it's a great story) so as such, I like posts to be written by multiple people. If you include someone else's character, at least in the beginning, invite them into a wfp and start writing together. I will always love hanging out in wfps, and I'm going to have a collab pad up soon. Collaboration is really important for me!

I will also plot things ahead of time, major plot points, and I enjoy having a posting order so generally we are all on the same page.

-Please don't post before I give the go-ahead. I like to do this just in case there's any plot points that might need fixing.

-Like in story posts once you've read them, just so I know where everyone's at and if anyone's lagging behind on keeping up with the story.

-The story, in general, will always be moving forward with each post. I'm personally not a fan of writing the same scene in multiple pov's (which is why I encourage collaboration) as it can make the story confusing if some posts move the story forward and some move it backwards.

-I'm always down to talk! I'm on discord more than I'm on YWS, but feel free to poke me here, in PM, or on discord. I love constant casual communication.

-And last, have fun!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:43 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

I have been summoned
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:44 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

oh shoot i think i'm kinda late O-O

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

xD @Inuyosha sorry yes! The spots filled up quickly haha

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

rip :'( ping me for the next one then

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:03 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey there! This is Ivor, the serious and down-to-earth team leader. He's going to keep things moving and hard on teammates, but only because he sees their potential. In the end, everyone might hate him, but he'd die defending them without question. He'll likely be the cause of a lot of tension among team members because while everyone else might get along, he'll definitely make everyone on edge. He has the ability to absorb damage, but it tires him and eventually he'll pass out if he tries to absorb too much. He's going to always have his team member's backs, no matter his personal opinions of them, but he will be watching everyone to make sure they have each others' backs as well.

Hoping he'll be an interesting addition to this team! : D
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:16 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

oh i forgot to do this oopsie

anyway here's cricket and they're pretty cool. idk what to say but it's all in the name, man. it's all in the name. the chill one of the group someone might say, but also not. there's a lot of sweaters and rambling ahead. way too much.

so yeahhh they exist. i guess. it's really great.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:03 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

This is Art (storybook_character.php?t=112917&c=5613&mode=view), a shapeshifting, gothy boy in his mid-twenties. He's fairly quiet, a computer nerd, tends to babble when he's uncomfortable though. He's a bit awkward, very professional, and not too interested in making friends. He just wants to do his job.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@winterwolf0100 I am so excited to see Ivor in all of this! In our excitement, we were already plotting a bit about what can happen with him.

@TheMulticoloredCyr I absolutely love this dual dynamic we have going on with the team with like half caring way too much and being professionals and half just not caring whatsoever. Like, Lightspin will get the job done, sure, but she's not gonna follow orders lol

@tweezers annnnnd that leads me to the vibe of Cricket! I cannot wait to see how they vibe with the rest of the team. I know that Furia would likely have them on the team for somewhat of a secret task (wink wink, I'll poke you about that sometime in the future) because, uhh, they aren't too good at this whole battle stuff lol

sass levels loading

[he/him]

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:55 am
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

oooh secret tasks already 👀
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
Omni says...

What can I say, I'm channeling my inner Furia xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:03 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Here's comes ol' Frostfire. She is...I think mostly going to get along with this cast, unless they like actively trying to do anything to her. She's got a few things riding in it for her, so she will be focused on the mission, although she might bend a few orders to her liking especially when she's not in a great mood.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I have been busy and mayhaps forgot about the PM rps. Would you all like to continue with those (for the ones who aren't finished) because I still have surprises in store.

I have somewhat of an outline, just gotta finish another rp post before i start writing thiss one (cough cough elementals post cough cough winter)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain