Young Writers Society

How Not to Break Quarantine [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi there! We've probably met before somewhere on YWS, but I'm Mage. I'll be running this roleplay with @HarryHardy. We've been scheming up some fun stuff for this story, so I can't wait to start writing it with a full cast.

If you're interested in joining, let us know here! We both already picked out our characters, so we should be officially kicking off this roleplay pretty soon.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:10 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

The roleplays sounds pretty interesting. :D
Especially the magical masks sound cool. It reminds me of some old manga that I should reread again. :D
But I´ve also some questions.

Questions:

1. Can I choose the mask or is it given for every character?
2. I´m pretty new to roleplaying in general, but I like the D&D approach. Are there any other rules to follow or consider?
3. Is the description enough or do I need also a backstory, name, more details, etc?

The character:
Spoiler! :
Appearance:
Sophie Leda is a young woman around 21 - 23 years old and has mocha-coloured, half-length wavy hair. She usually wears a dark blue peach basket hat with a blue flower on it. She has big hazel eyes and freckles. Her nose has the most freckles, that why it has a darker skin tone than the rest of the body. She is slim and of medium height. She has iceberg blue coloured fingernails and wears a ring on her right middle finger. On her neck, she has a birthmark. She has two necklaces, one with her astrological sign and one with a tiny golden deer on it.

Clothes:
Sophie wears a dark blouse and a magenta skirt, black over the knee socks with some geometrical pattern in them and dark old shoes, that actually don´t fit with the rest of the outfit. The laces are never tied.

The mask:
Spoiler! :
Of course it had to be a swan. :D
Last edited by MailicedeNamedy on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:28 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

This sounds fun!

Spoiler! :
Appearance: My Character will be Katherine Petrova. she has an oval face with fine bone structure, a wealth of brown curly hair, and almond-shaped, deep brown eyes with thick dark lashes. Katherine's classic outfit, go for clothes in dark colors, such as black, navy blue, and royal purple, and make sure they're tight in fit. Pair any type of black pant with a cami top or tank, and then add heels and a jacket to finish it off. She is dynamic and resourceful, which she has to be when on the run a lot. She is also quick-witted and enjoys antagonizing and challenging people for no other reason than her own enjoyment.

katherine-vampire-diaries-masquerade-metal-filigree-mask.jpg

Is this Ok?
Last edited by EsmerayaRose on Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:54 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I'm interested in joining! This sounds really fun!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the roleplay, @MailicedeNamedy, @QueenMadrose, and @Valkyria! I just added all of your names to the cast list, so it looks like we're just waiting for one more person to join. :)

Here's the answers to your questions, Mailice! (Also, what's the manga? 👀 I'm always searching for new ones to read.)

1. Can I choose the mask or is it given for every character?

You can choose it! As long as it's a masquerade mask, it works.

2. I´m pretty new to roleplaying in general, but I like the D&D approach. Are there any other rules to follow or consider?

Besides the ones in the roleplay, not really! You can also check out the section-wide Roleplay Rules, but those are pretty similar to this RP's rules and site rules in general. As long as you write for just your own characters and communicate with your fellow roleplayers, you should be all set!

3. Is the description enough or do I need also a backstory, name, more details, etc?

A name would be good, but that's the only thing you absolutely have to add! You're free to write as little or as much about your characters as you want. I usually just do their names and their description. So yours and Rose's descriptions are pretty good. If you want an extra example, here's the one for the character I'm using this roleplay:

Spoiler! :
Skull: An AU version of a canon character that I stole from Jonathan Stroud's Lockwood and Co. series and took some creative liberties with. At this point, he's been in a few roleplays on and off YWS, so he's used to randomly ending up in other worlds. He also has the ability to possess people and things, as well as a few ghostly abilities that he can only use for a very short period of time before passing out.

He's somewhat tall and lean, with messy dark hair, dark eyes and an almost constant smirk on his face. His current outfit is a black leather jacket with an embroidered skull on the chest, a t-shirt, jeans and black combat boots. He's somewhere in his older teens. He's definitely good looking, but don't mention that around him—he hates it.

He's wearing the mask down below:

That description has more information than I usually include, but Skull needs a little more background than most of my characters. If you want an example of a simpler one, here's the character description I used over in @TheMulticoloredCyr's Guilty Party roleplay.

Spoiler! :
Kayden Avril Ramsey: A young woman in her early twenties. She has long light brown hair that she usually keeps up in a ponytail. Both of her eyes are green/bordering on turquoise, but one of them is currently hidden underneath a white eye patch. She's currently wearing a black suit with a red tie. I made the picture of her down below using this Picrew!

I hope that answers your questions! Let me or Harry know if you have any more. :)
mage

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:53 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Hi, I'm curious about this. I don't often do largescale rps but this seems fun?
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

Reviews: 4
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:02 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

I am also interested in joining! But obviously if Coffee is accepted I understand the first come basis :D

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:03 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

@Magebird

Thank you! That helps a lot! :D I´ve edited my previous post and added some more details and a mask.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:12 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

I rescind my reply! I probably won't be able to keep up with the roleplay anyways my schedule has been hectic! :> I will however happily watch you guys :>
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry you can't join, @TypoWithoutCoffee, but I hope you enjoy reading along!

And welcome to the roleplay, @R33SE! I just added your name to the cast list, so it looks like we have a full cast now. :)

Also, I love those masks you picked, Rose and Mailice! We have a fun gothic vibe going on right now.
mage

queer and here.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:00 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Magebird do we also choose the powers for our masks? Or is that tbd and revealed throughout the plot?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Good question! The masks don't have any specific powers themselves—I should have probably clarified in my description for Skull that his powers are from his story, not from this roleplay. ^^"

But you're welcome to have your character come into this rolsplay with a power or two of their own! Both Harry and I are going to have characters with special abilities. :)
mage

queer and here.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:41 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Here's my Char!

NAME: Austin

PROFILE:
Spoiler! :
50ish male, 6'0", dark brown hair, semi-toned body which in certain areas looks immaculate despite the age, whereas in other areas the skin seems to be charred and where it is broken there is an odd metallic structure showing through. The most obvious defect is his left eye, which appears as a broken metal sphere with concentric rings. The ends of a few tiny wires can be seen in the small cavity at the center.

He's a very mild mannered, matter-of-fact person with a very dry sense of humor and always looking at things logically, as if "calculating." He also has very fast reflex and intuition, as well as a super-human type strength that shows when he grips chairs and cups, leaving behind small indents where his knuckles were.

And if you don't pick up on it soon enough, he's a spoof of the six million dollar man, Steve Austin :D

MASK:
Spoiler! :
A gold leaf, gem studded half-face mask that reveals his broken bionic eye on the left side of his face.
Last edited by R33SE on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

oh man dat got filled up pretty fast :,)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:26 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Ahhhh....this did fill up soo fast

So umm...Mage already said this but Welcome Everyone to the roleplay!! I'm just going to discreetly slide my characters down in here as I drop off the first post.

Totally going to copy my NaNo description....but here we go, here's the first one:

Spoiler! :
Susan Reyana Danvers was a regular seventeen year old girl before she died in a car accident that wasn't meant to happen. Currently she's "lived" Not really alive but ehh for about twenty years although as a dead person she is forever frozen as her seventeen year old self.

She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its real). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale.

She's stuck wearing this long pale white dress that they put her in when she died. Sue can never really change out of it, but a few select spells by Harry does make it so that all those who see here will see her wearing what they consider to be normal clothes. Of course when you travel through time, enchantments are occasionally finicky so expect some shenanigans on that note. Here of course...since no one really knows where they are or what people are expected to be wearing, everyone will see the default white dress. Her mask will look like this:

Now her abilities are...complicated. For one, she doesn't breathe nor does her heart really beat. On top of that...well, lemme copy that explanation over real quick:

Ability wise, Sue was to be infused with a fire based power situation concocted by Harry, but something went wrong. Perhaps it was her age [17] being a bit volatile, maybe she was hurt a little too badly in her accident, whatever it was her body was flung into the Ether, a primordial goo in the underworld and she nearly dissolved. Jennifer pulled her out but her form was stuck in an uncontrollable limbo between fully corporeal and fully intangible and invisible. Her mind survived luckily, but she was completely unable to maintain a form. Jennifer then infused here with a touch of her own celestial energy, which gave her just enough control over reality to control her own body and change from intangible, invisible to solid at well...in theory. Its a skill that will take her some time to master completely.

So she can basically go invisible or intangible at will, sort of. What she does there is a little dangerous to do for extended periods of time although by this point in her character she has mastered these abilities well enough to use them reliably. She will still be a little spooked by the new surroundings though.

ANd the second one, who is infinitely more chaotic

Spoiler! :

Vankous Eon Frostification

Pretty lazy when its comes to most things. Likes to do things with the least amount of effort so he's magic for like everything ever. Loves discovering things and solving mysteries and that is about the only then that can get him actually active. Does not take situation very seriously unless things go super wrong. Very fond of puns.

So yeah, he's a very powerful wizard, and this version of him has been with Harry and the rest of the gang known as The Alpha pack for many a millennium and is at his most powerful. This means his laziness is at a absolute maximum. He also has a slightly vain streak about him.

As for his appearance, its time for yet another copy paste: Around 5 7" or 5 9". Messy black hair that he never bothers to comb so its a permanent rat's nest. Strikingly bright purple eyes. Wears glasses. Is usually wearing a labcoat at all times and is armed with several calculators. Quite thin and skinny. He's weak for his species and said species is weaker than the average human so this dude would struggle to lift 10 pounds.

So he's a walking stick person that happens to be very undestimatable at first glance. But of course...he's the most powerful magic user in existence, master of the temporal arts and also very, very good with telepathy and telekinesis. One does not mess lightly with or he shalt turn thee into a radioactive pink bunny [long story, don't ask]. Also I totally slipped into character there for the last line. And don't worry, most of those powers won't really be used, he's far too lazy to use much of those unless absolutely required and he does not read minds without permission :D. He will totally carry out the bunny thing though, he's already tried it once in a roleplay...which totally failed but still...

Here's his mask:

He goes by Doctor Cerebro for his sort of code name he probably won't use. And I forgot to put this up earlier, but Sue goes by The Phantom

Well there's my two, le first postie is also up!! And if this looks like too much description, don't worry....I have a problem. This is an example of if you really want to go overboard, but you don't have to. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe