Young Writers Society

How Not to Break Quarantine [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Great first posts, @HarryHardy and @R33SE! I love how all of your characters were trying to figure out what was going on. I also really like how Austin analyzed everything around him.

I also got another post up! I really wanted Skull to interact with Austin because they weren't in pairs like Susan and Vankous, but Skull would beeline for a ghost + the people looking at him. Maybe Katherine, Sophie, or @Valkyria's character(s) could interact with him when they wake up?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:38 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

The roleplay is off to a great start! I'll get my post up sometime before I go to work!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

Reviews: 4
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:54 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Good call Magebird. Also, agreed Valkyria! I'm already super excited to see how this dynamic plays out because we have a very interesting cast selection.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I can't wait to see that post, @Valkyria!

And thanks, @R33SE! I very much agree. :)
mage

queer and here.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:08 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

It´s already really intriguing. I´m trying to post in the evening. :D
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:12 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I completely forgot to mention this, but those are burn scars, and they're important to Violet's healing. I'll edit that into my spoiler's post too.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Great first posts, Valk and Mailice! I can't wait to learn more about Sophie and Violet.

As of right now, I think the only character who hasn't woken up yet is @QueenMadrose's Katherine. I'll wait to go again until @HarryHardy replies with Susan and Vankous, but I'm already really enjoying this cast of characters.
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:29 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

And I posted!!!

So yes...this roleplay has really kicked of suuper fast, and this cast seems like it can produce some really fun moments!! :D

I feel so sorry for poor Austin that no one has talked to yet...

Apologies to Sophie and Violet, Susan is a total lesbian disaster and I thought it would be fun evil to make sure she talked to them while Vankous sized up Skull. Her rambling gets better over time and she will focus properly once our super secret evil plans come up and give them things to do. :D

Also Vankous has gone overboard with his drama as always. Hopefully this time it doesn't get him turned into a pink bunny.

Also super fun fact, Skull's little deduction there is in a very, very technical sense somewhat correct. Susan is the third of her very, very specific kind. And technically it was the ones that Vankous "works for" aka Harry and Jennifer who turned her into what she is.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:08 am
View Likes
R33SE says...

Actually @HarryHardy it's almost a good thing no one has because it's more natural to his character. He's super observant, quiet and only speaks when necessary. I thought it would add a unique and realistic dynamic to the story since everyone else picked such vibrant characters, so it will be fun to be able to write him in the "background" at least for the first while.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's pretty fitting, then! And good to know for future posts. :)

And I love the conflict brewing between Skull and Vankous, as well as Susan being a mess around Violet and Sophie.
mage

queer and here.

Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Agreed the whole "girl's" thing is going to be quite entertaining to watch play out.

I will post next, unless anyone is obliged to post first? Just give me a few hours to get caught up on my work 😁

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:23 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

Oh my, I'm sorry I'm late on this. I will try to get my post up there sometime today.
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's okay, Rose! Your first post was great—it's awesome having two first person characters/writers in this roleplay. I think there might have been an issue with your post's formatting, but it's still easy to read. :)

And I love Austin's analysis of the other characters! Him describing Skull as a frightened animal killed me. Skull would have been offended at the description, but it's so true. :P
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:10 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Threw in a little reply with Vankous while Susan is still waiting for a reply from Violet and Sophie.

Vankous as predicted is getting a tiny bit annoyed at Skull's tone...and is being his usual self.

And oooh yes, Austin's take on things is pretty interesting to see. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:56 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Ooh I love this so far! We all are playing into the ambience of each other's characters so well already. I'm seeing the potential conflicts, slight "love interest," allurement and already forming alliances haha.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott