Young Writers Society

Children of the Elements [OOC]

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:37 pm
Ignorance says...

:0 Nice!! Hehe we all have Steven Universe characters in ours-

@Blackfire1 care to share your gem?

And I LOVE that idea, RealSad- maybe the mentor is some type of animal, and once they finish the trials, that animal is like a companion? I was thinking a phoenix or lion for Azar-
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 pm
Haileyg21 says...

I like that. I wouldn't mind a goat or a small elk/deer they're both cute animals.
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

19 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:48 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Yeah, I think an elk would work really well for your character :)
Do you how do?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

Ooooh! Ok, like: perhaps a phoenix in a similar shape of a lesser flamigo or vampire ground finch (both birds live near volcanos in real life.). Or if we don't just do animals the fire mentor could just be the volcano itself. Imagine every time it gets angry or annoyed at Azar it just *ground-shaking.*

As for what the air elemental could be...I'm having a tough time thinking of it actually. Maybe a dragon? Specifically an ampithere or zilant? Or perhaps a Kirin.

41 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:22 pm
View Likes
RealSadhours296 says...

I have (unfortunately) begun hyperfixiating on this roleplay before it's even started so here's the palette swatches I made for the characters for when and if I inevitably draw them. Whoops.

(Also if ya uh...have a specific idea for how they look like and what they wear feel free to give me reference links and all that ^v0)
Attachments
The Roleplay characters.png

19 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:10 pm
Ignorance says...

1, i love that

2, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH- we're gonna need to start soon now im excited-
Do you how do?

45 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:14 pm
Haileyg21 says...

I love those. And I think the elk works for me.
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

41 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:41 pm
View Likes
RealSadhours296 says...

I wanna start soon tooo! ^v^ there's a few more questions I wanna ask though first.

1. I don't think @Blackfire1 has been on for a week or so; their last post was on November 25th. What we gonna do if they never respond? Do we wait for someone else to take water's place and have them create their own character, or assume Alina? In fact what is the protocal for later, when the story starts, when a roleplayer can no longer play their character?

2. Are there any certain plot-points involving our characters we wanna bring to the table to discuss before we begin? Like, plotpoints that focus on their character that may or may not deviate from the plot?

3. Are we gonna start in Azar's kingdom and build the world from there? Or does @Ignorance have and idea for how they want to develop the world? In not, will each of us take turns mapping out the world or is that the job of one person?

4. Can the characters develop romantic relationships with each other and/or with NPCs? Or is it purely adventure and found platonic family dynamics?

Also here's Azar's Amulet. Working on making Nox's and then I'll make Dwen's.
Attachments
Fire Amulet.png

45 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

I like that its so pretty.

41 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:49 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

Thank you ^o^

Also almost forgot to ask this! We need to discuss exactly what each of us can do with our elements? Like what can we do and not do? Is this like bending kind of controlling the elements or is it more a collection of powers surrounding the theme of their element, or is it a mixture of both?

19 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:03 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

1. I should probably find a replacement for BlackFire, but I’ll pm them before I do anything.

2. I personally don’t have any for Azar.

3. Yeah, I think we’re gonna work with that first option (it seems easier ahaha-)

4. Ofc! I personally LOVE romantic rp’s, so romance away!

Also, I love the amulet!! And regarding the powers, I’d say it’s a mixture of the two.
Do you how do?

41 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:28 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

Aight! Cool! I have suggestions for how the powers work then! Mostly just to prevent godmodding and pulling powers out of nowhere y'know?

Obviously first we got the main powers: Pyrokinesis for Fire, Hydrokinesis for Water, Aerokinesis for Air, and Terrakinesis for Earth.

Then we have Enhanced abilities:

Fire: Fire Immunity
Water: Water breathing
Air: Flying
Earth: Seismic Sense

I also have ideas for element combinations. Like, if two characters are together and like hold hands or are emotionally connected somehow, they together get to better manipulate a new kind of sub-element. So here's the element combinations here if y'all are keen on this idea. I feel it would further create connections between the characters:

Fire+Earth=Metal
Fire+Water=Lava
Fire+Air:Lighting
Earth+Water=Plants
Earth+Air=Sand
Water+Air=Ice

Also I actually have one or two specific plot points for my characters that I want to propose?

1.So as you know, Dwen is owned by an aristocrat that's...not the nicest guy in the world. I imagine this aristocrat to be a very, very self-centered and cold person. He bought Dwen purely for the status symbol and has them perform simple errands around town to show off his wealth and power. When he hears that Dwen is the air elemental, and has to leave on a journey, I could see him not being too keen on the idea of letting his "porcelain doll" wander about doing its own thing. He'd probably try to drag Dwen back to the mansion before the journey starts, so either the other three would have to find a way to sneak him out, or they would have to convince the aristocrat (Still trying to think of a name for this bad man) to let him go. If the former once he finds Dwen gone, for sure he's hiring the best mercenaries to hunt him down and bring him back.

2. Dwen finds the mountain his tribe was located...that's it. Just: baby boy shows the rest of the gang the cave he slept in and everyone probably becomes concernicus©. Maybe some sad hours are sprinkled in there.

Also here are all four of the amulets! Collected references to begin drawing the characters lol stayed tuned for if I actually do it XD.
Attachments
The Amulets.png

41 Reviews

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:40 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

Things I've discovered/realized while looking up references for drawing these characters and their mentors:

1. Lady gaga once assumed a male alter ego named Jo Calderone in 2010 and when I saw the pictures let me tell you I was S C R E A M I N G. Definitely using the look as reference for Azar.

2. There is this extinct type of deer called the the Irish deer, which was reportedly bigger than a moose??? You realize how BIG that is??? Look it up fam it's crazy.

3. So apparently the lesser flamingo actually could have potentially been inspiration for the phoenix, y'know like how dragons are based off of lizards? Yeh. It's most likely because of their habitat. (Like I said, they live near volcanos)

4. Nox for some ungodly reason gives me Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet vibes just from description alone. I have no idea why. Probably gonna incorporate that in his design somehow.

45 Reviews

Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:29 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Yo. You guessed my inspiration for him spot on. Also since I hadn't inputted on the last questions here's my input.

1. I don't mind Romance. I'm not Super strong with it though bc I'm bad a romantic things.

2. I don't mind planning out what the characters are gonna do. Deviate or not.

3. The Irish deer is my spirit animal I love it. Its huge. (I wish I was tall ;-;)

4. As for Nox.. I didn't really give much on his family. So here's a little more. His mother is a former slave under an aristocrat and his father was the child of farmers. His two older sister (not the oldest) was killed a few years back in an attack by the aristocrat that once owned his mother and his younger sister was taken by them..... He doesn't really get along with his parents and Took up languages as a way to cope with what had happened.

5. Those are so cool looking and I can't wait to see what you come up with If you need anymore information about him just ask I cant elaborate about him as I didn't put very much in his Info.

41 Reviews

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

Sooooooooo here's the rough sketch of Nox down below that I had to take a picture of on my Motorola e because I am ~poor~ and cannot afford a scanner.

If you want me to change anything feel free to let me know. I still have to line-art the sketch and I can wait for your feedback before I do that.
Attachments
IMG_20211210_153719890.jpg

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare