z

Young Writers Society

Children of the Elements [OOC]

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 pm
Ignorance says...

Hi, hello! Welcome to the OOC for Children of the Elements! I kind of love this idea haha- annnyways, just use the template below to get started!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender/Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Family/Relationships:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

We’ll need 3 (maybe 4) other characters for this one:

Fire: @Ignorance
Water: @Blackfire1
Earth: @Haileyg21
Air: @RealSadhours296
Mentor (optional):

Enjoy! And here’s the actual roleplay: Children of the Elements
Last edited by Ignorance on Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

19 Reviews

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am
Ignorance says...

Name: Azar Abeti
Gender/Pronouns: Non-binary, they/them
Sexuality: Lesbian
Appearance: Short, ginger hair, green eyes. 5’6, tan skin.
Element: Fire
Personality: Rebellious, sassy
Background: Azar is the “Princess” (monarch, really) of Eduvarden. They were born into the royal family, a strict life where they could never truly be themself.
Family/Relationships: Azar doesn’t get along very well with their parents, whom have never accepted who they are. They’ve considered running away, if it weren’t for their little brother, their closest friend.
Other: N/A
Do you how do?

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 am
Blackfire1 says...

Name: Alina Rosanna
Gender/pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Tall, 5'7" long red and white hair, blue eyes, long scar on her right arm
Element: Water
Personality: Quiet, closed off.
Background:
Alina is the last of her family and spent most of her childhood being trained to be a living weapon. She's been living on her own since she was 10.
Family/relationships: Her best and only friend is her horse. Family died when she was 8
Other:N/A

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:43 am
RealSadhours296 says...

Name: Dwevmnnd (Dwen)

Gender/Pronouns: Intersex Man, He/it

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: 5'4", 96 lb, Short platinum blonde hair, Blue-violet eyes, Pallor Skin, Stahl Ears, Androgynous Appearance

Element: Air

Personality: Shy, Meek, Curious

Background: Dwevmnnd was born in the mountains. He couldn't tell you which mountain range, but he remembers first laying his eyes on snow, and the valleys below. Dwevmnnd was considered a cursed child because of his physical abnormalities, and so his tribe isolated him inside a cold, dark cave, feeding him the herding dogs' leftovers. On his 13th birthday, when Dwevmnnd's tribe was nearly wiped out by colonizers, Dwevmnnd was spared from death and abducted to be sold on the slave market.

Family/Relationships: Dwevmnnd's father died from a mountain lion attack before he was born, while his mother perished as she brought him into the world. He has no other living family members. He is currently owned by a wealthy aristocrat, who treats him more like a tool/object than a person; Dweymnnd serves as the aristocrat's errand boy.

Other: Dwevmnnd can't speak English very well, but can understand it as long as simple wording is used; He is fluent in his tribe's language however. He's also completely illiterate.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Haileyg21 says...

Name: Nox Shade
Gender/Pronouns: Trans Masc he/him
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: "5'7", slim figured, Dark brown hair, Juniper green eyes, Chestnut brown skin
Element: Earth
Personality: Bold and loud but closed off.
Background: born to a small village. Grew up as a wanderer with his family. Had 3 sisters
Family/Relationships: Doesn't get along with any of them but his oldest sister.
Other: He is good with languages.
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

19 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:18 pm
Ignorance says...

The 4 Elements have been selected!! Now: we must discuss. Should we have a mentor, and how should we start the story?
Do you how do?

41 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:16 pm
View Likes
RealSadhours296 says...

This is just my personal opinion, but I think not having a mentor would make the adventure more interesting. Based on the character descriptions we got going on here we basically got two boisterous gremlins, the emotionally distant holder of the brain cell, and lil' baby man. That's gonna be a heck of a fun dynamic on its own. Maybe they could go to like specific parts of the world where their element is most spiritually present and train with the fauna/flora of the environment or somethin'. I'm talking like ~converses with the fishies to attain spiritual enlightenment on the element of water~ kind o' stuff. Or maybe just...add a elemental rock the kids need to touch to obtain knowledge on how to use their powers properly? Those are just my ideas.

As for how we could start, depending on whether magic other than the elements exists, such as clairvoyance and other witchy/wizardy stuff. We could either go "the royals' wizards detects the spirit of the elements in each of the chillren™ so the royals summon them all together and orders them to save za warudo." Oooooor we could go the "Coincidentally all in the same area and something happens that causes all of them to use their powers and once the royals hear about it they order them to save za warudo." (Same outcome different triggers) This is assuming a higher, yet mortal power is going to set forth the quest, and again, just my ideas. XD

19 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:23 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Good idea! I’m definitely getting ideas for that magic stone thingy. Maybe each person’s respective element stone ends up somewhere close to them one day, they all find it, and get transported someplace (maybe the former base or shrine of the Elementals?) where they find each other? They then see visions of the ancient evils or something, and realize they have to save the world. They find out their stone connect, but need one more piece, and have to go on a quest to find it, use their powers, and save the world?
Do you how do?

41 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:07 am
RealSadhours296 says...

Oh! I like some of the things you're suggesting here! The only thing I'm not sure about is the teleportation to the temple thing. Just seems kind of a lazy and boring way to start the quest?

I've actually come up with an idea for an intro that incorporates most of what we've discussed so far, let me know what you all think about it:

So we have a royal, a rogue, a slave, and a wanderer. Where on earth would these four archetypes meet? A bank. Yeah you heard me. Kings and Queens might send their children to visit and collect taxes with a few bodyguards, aristocrats send their servants to collect their share of the income the bank makes, people from wealthy merchants to the slum-dwellers go their to withdraw and or deposit cash. Everyone and your grandma goes there.

So when the four characters all enter this bank at the same time, for different reasons, and maybe even run into each other and converse for a little bit, guess who shows up? The Simbarti, or perhaps cultists who worship them if those even exist. They've been on the run from the guards after stealing the four stones of the elements from the castle, and have decided to take refuge in the bank, wiping out anything in their path. This is where the four heroes get cornered together. Somehow they all manage to steal their respective stones and first manifest their powers, defeating the evildoers together and probably hurting themselves in the process because the elements be a feisty one to control.

After the dust clears and they process what the heck just happened, they realize that they're the chosen ones™ that must save the world, along with everyone else still alive in the bank (The prophecy of the elements is well known and universal in most cultures). Then it just kind of goes from there. Maybe they speak with the royals first? Maybe they don't? Maybe some of them need to make preparations and say goodbye to their family members? Maybe some are prevented from leaving for reasons and the others have to help them leave? Regardless all four of them in one way or another set off together on a quest to find the rock of life at the center of the elusive elemental temple to achieve the ultimate power to defeat Simbarti...and hopefully don't die trying.

Oh, and one more thing. What if the stones functioned as blessed jewelry instead of being magical stones in thy pocket? Like, amulets the elementals enchanted with their magic to help better control their powers? If so here's some gemstones that represent the four elements we could use:

Fire: Carnelian, Ruby, Citrine, Sunstone, Jasper, Obsidian
Water: Pearl, Chrysoprase, Opal, Moonstone, Aquamarine, Larimar
Air: Amethyst, Labradorite, Lapis Lazuli, Tourmaline, Fluorite, Sugalite
Earth: Tiger's Eye, Moss Agate, Jade, Malachite, Rutile, Peridot

19 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:56 pm
Ignorance says...

I really like that! I'm thinking obsidian for fire, pearl for water, amethyst for air, and peridot for earth?
Do you how do?

41 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:54 pm
RealSadhours296 says...

For me personally, I'd chose this set:

Obsidian for Fire: Literally Volcanic glass. If using multiple gems would probably pair it with Lava rock.

Opal for Water: Looks like a pool of water. If using multiple gems would probably pair it with Pearls.

Fluorite for Air: Reminds me of the wind with its streaks of color. If using multiple gems would probably pair it with amethysts.

Tiger's Eye for Earth: Literally looks like the earth. If using multiple gems would probably pair it with bloodstone.

In all honesty though, I say each of us picks a gem/s we like the most for our character based on their element. I'd pick fluorite/sugilite for my character Dwen.

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:14 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

I love the analogy that you called our characters RealSadhours. I like the Idea from you about the gems to. Lol you had me laughing with the 'two boisterous gremlins, the emotionally distant holder of the brain cell, and lil' baby man.' which probably wasn't meant to but it did. And The mentor should be a thing It might make the story more exciting
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

19 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:28 pm
Ignorance says...

@Haileyg21, I think it might work better if there's not a mentor, if that's ok? And for my character, I'm thinking ruby; it represents their fiery passion.
Do you how do?

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm
Haileyg21 says...

Ok. That's fine (I probably skipped over you saying that if you did. Not on purpose) But for Earth I was thinking Peridot. Lol its my birthstone actually.

41 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:34 pm
View Likes
RealSadhours296 says...

Oh trust me! Making y'all laugh is my intent with every one of these posts.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind a mentor? I just feel like the chillren™ would get into more stupid and chaotic situations without one because teens are dumb, which would be Infinitely more entertaining than if one character had all the brain cells to reign the group in (unless we getting an uncle Iroh kind of mentor in which case I'm more on board).

But I mean...we COULD create NPC mentors? Like maybe the elemental temple is hidden away by a great magic and the four priests scattered throughout the corners of the world maintain the barrier surrounding the temple. So the kids go out to find them and pass through trials that would make the priests deem them worthy? I mean this would allow the mentors to be anything. The earth mentor could literally just be a goat. The water mentor could literally be a mangrove tree. We could get c r e a t i v e. Plus if the mentors only temporarily communicate with the kids we still get mentor dynamics and then get right back to the chaos.

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights