z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Skipping Stone [OOC]

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:33 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hi!!...I am Harry...or the Prince of Darkness as some of you may know...aaand welcome aboard The Legend of the Skipping Stone. :D

So...the plot is laid out fairly clearly in the roleplay itself but if you guys want any clarifications that aren't secret for "reasons" just ask and I shall tell...that was a weird choice of sentence there

At any rate, I'm fine with basically any character for this, and while I did specify four people land on the ship aka I have four spots open in this roleplay, I don't mind if anyone wants to use two or even three characters. Four or more will be an issue though :D

As for any limitation on the characters, I mentioned that over in the rp thread too, but I'll put that here too. They can't be capable of warping reality or travelling through time. Being able to see or control ghosts is totally fine and any other powers are also totally fine. If there's a power that doesn't fall under the two categories above but is a little too plot breaking, I'll let you know, but considering how OP Harry happens to be, I don't think there should be any issues. :D

And yes, I will be four characters myself...them together just makes for a ridiculously fun combo. Like I mentioned in the rp thread, that's Harry, Vankous, Stean and James. Some peeps might recognize them, but at any rate, I will be putting in cp's for all four of them in a post down below. :D

Aaand that's it. Once again, feel free to ask any questions down below!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This roleplay looks so good! And your characters look like a fun group to be stuck on a ghost ship with. :)

I'd love to join this roleplay—and I even have a character or two that I already want to throw in. ;)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hey there, can I join? This looks amazing!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:54 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh interesting can I join?
*boop*

4075 Reviews

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@Magebird Thank youu!!! I do hope so..xD And wohoo!! Welcome aboard!!

@GrandWild Thank youu!! You can totally join!!

@ChesTacos Welcome!!!

Feel free to throw a cp into this thread whenever you're ready!!

As for my characters, here we go, its time to copy paste from my NaNo thread

Spoiler! :

Harrison Havard Hardy

Age: At this point in time he's around 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,017,714 If anyone paid attention to this from my other roleplays, he's about 16,000 years older than he usually is in one of these and this actually does make a difference But yeah he's immortal...if that wasn't immediately apparent. :D

Harry, Harry, Harry, my very first character, and my proudest creation. He started out as a 12 year old kid who woke up in the middle of a godzilla attack with the ability to control the four elements. He's now evolved into being my centerpiece, the first being of my entire writing universe. As the first celestial, and the most powerful being in all of existence, he is one third of Kalvukira, the entity responsible for the creation and sustaining of one half of reality known as the dark realm. As the strongest of the thirds, he's the controller of the sphere of darkness and is the physical embodiment of said darkness.

Aka, he's suuper, duuuper OOOOP and I love him. My username is probably a clue. He's come a long way, and lived a long, and not always great life so as we see him in this story, he's someone who has finally taken his responsibilities seriously and really wants to correct the situation his own silly prank has put these girls into.

He's someone who knows exactly what he's capable of and acts the part. He jokes around a lot and generally is calm and collected no matter what the situation. He's best described as a teenager, who happens to be immortal. He's most often a teenager, a carefree fun loving teenager, but when the time comes, well, his true name is literally "The Darkness"....and that name is very well deserved.

And now for a description of appearance:

Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

His powers...well I won't get too much into what he's capable of or we'll be here all day.

Vankous Eon Frostification

Age: 17,098 [This is a Vankous who has been with Harry and the gang for years and years and is biologically immortal aka he doesn't age or die. He looks around 22]

Ahhh, Vankous, another one of my favorites to write.

He's pretty lazy when its comes to most things. Likes to do things with the least amount of effort so he's magic for like everything ever. Loves discovering things and solving mysteries and that is about the only then that can get him actually active. Does not take situation very seriously unless things go super wrong. Very fond of puns.

So yeah, he's a very powerful wizard, and this version of him has been with Harry and the rest of the gang known as The Alpha pack for many a millennium and is at his most powerful. This means his laziness is at a absolute maximum. He also has a slightly vain streak about him.

As for his appearance, its time for yet another copy paste: Around 5 7" or 5 9". Messy black hair that he never bothers to comb so its a permanent rat's nest. Strikingly bright purple eyes. Wears glasses. Is usually wearing a labcoat at all times and is armed with several calculators. Quite thin and skinny. He's weak for his species and said species is weaker than the average human so this dude would struggle to lift 10 pounds.

So he's a walking stick person that happens to be very undestimatable at first glance. But of course...he's the most powerful magic user in existence, master of the temporal arts and also very, very good with telepathy and telekinesis. One does not mess lightly with or he shalt turn thee into a radioactive pink bunny [long story, don't ask]. Also I totally slipped into character there for the last line

He goes by Doctor Cerebro...occasionally for intimidation purposes.

Stean Sydney Stakes

Age: 17,102 {Same story, same story] Looks around 26 ish.

Stean...ahh, another one of the few folks that keep The Alpha Pack from being a chaotic mess. He's someone that acts according to his biological age..which is around late twenties but of course he has lived for well into the thousands. He knows when to keep it light, but he's usually fairly mature in how he goes about things and is very professional. He has a proper passion for his job and unlike most, his goal since childhood was to be a superhero and a keeper of peace, so he treats it all very much like a serious job.

His appearance

He's around 5 10'. Fairy tall...has some pretty defined muscle, he's no bodybuilder, but you know the dude works out. He has somewhat long, but not really long, four inchish hair, that happens to be blonde. His eyes are green, a brilliant almost neon ish green. For being a Notpyrkian he is pretty humanoid and similar but of course he's wayyyy stronger. Basically think Superman levels of power and you've got what I'm talking about. It is very obvious....his planet Notpyrk is literally Krypton backwards, I wasn't being all that subtle there when I first created him and the name's kinda stuck with me He's of course not got the ridiculous ensemble of powers Superman, just the strength speed and general durability. Stean's power lies in extreme manipulation of light rays, aka lasers...very hot, very cool looking, very deadly....that's all we need to know.

His superhero name is of course Lazerbeam, cause like I mentioned earlier, I am terrible at this.

James Torin Bonlark

Age: 17,098 {Dude was also 22 ..when he stopped aging and joined the team proper and he's been around for some time.]

James, my solitary human representative on The Alpha Pack. The poor guy often gets a a bit of slack for having no powers, but he has been granted effective biological immortality and stays on a team with the most powerful beings in all of existence for a very good reason.

This is his personality:

Generally a follower of the rules, he really tries hard to do things in the way that they should be done and even under a lot of pressure he will always try to go by the rules. However, he does have a extraordinarily short fuse and sometimes some pretty mundane things can set him off but its usually in very short bursts and he isn't one to hold a grudge unless someone seriously wrongs him. Also pretty insecure about himself, always trying to prove himself. Very hardworking and is not one to give up even when things are really tough.

Umm...the insecurity mentioned there has all but faded in this version of James, but old habits tend to die hard so expect that to make an appearance.

His appearance,

Around 6 1" or 6 3". Neatly combed black hair. Pretty average looking brown eyes. Always wearing a pair of sunglasses if he can get away with it. Usually wears a full suit outfitted with all sorts of fun gadgets. Its well...basically, imagine James Bond...subtle reference I know but with a lot of devices like Batman, except these are very powerful and much more lethal. He's very strong, although not quite at the level of someone like a professional strongman, he could at his maximum deadlift a good 500lb. Also quite fast, as in about as fast if not faster than Usain Bolt kind of fast.

UHh....that's me copying off of character synopsis I wrote up for my upcoming NaNo novel so some of those are pretty detailed. Hopefully its not too long to read :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:58 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Well… I have never attempted roleplay realm… but this has intrigued me. Could I join?
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

4075 Reviews

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@winterwolf0100 Of course!!! Welcome aboard!!

And on that note le cast is full!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4075 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@Magebird @GrandWild @ChesTacos @winterwolf0100

How are those character profiles coming along? There's no rush, but since its been a few days I thought I'd just drop a reminder in case anyone forgot :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:51 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Thanks for putting this back on my radar! I don’t have one yet but I’ll have it before long :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

4075 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:27 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:D Awesome!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Same here! I've been busy and tired with school these past few days, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and write my character descriptions out. But I should have them up sometime in the next few days! Thanks again for the reminder. <33
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

No problem. Take your time<33
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:51 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Sorry I've also been pretty busy but I'll do them as soon as I can
*boop*

4075 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:53 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oki no problem!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I finally wrote up two little descriptions of my characters! Shout-out to my college friends for helping me name one of them—part of the reason I hadn't written a post about the characters yet was because one of them was still nameless.

Spoiler! :
Max: A good, tired guy. He's physically twenty-one and comes across as pretty socially shy most of the time. There's a picrew of him down below, but a good description of him is that he's white, slightly tall, has red eyes, and long, black hair that's stylishly messy. Anyone who can see souls or detect dark magic might notice that something's off about his. He's wearing the outfit from the picrew, minus the scroll in one hand.

Reggie: A good, friendly guy known for making very impulsive decisions. Like Max, he has a picrew down below. His important characteristics are his dark blue hair that he keeps in a low, messy ponytail, his gray eyes, his black horns, and his tiny little fangs. He's wearing the outfit from the picrew with the addition of loose, gray pants. His feet are bare. He's also taller and more muscular than Max, but appears to be around the same age as him. If someone checked him for the presence of dark magic, they might notice a few residual bits of it clinging to him.

mage

queer and here.

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller