z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Skipping Stone [OOC]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:53 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Ah gosh, my week has been really busy. I’ll try to work something up.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:57 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oki!! Just wanted to make sure y'all didn't forget. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:42 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

So like I said I've never attempted a Roleplay Realm roleplay before and I really have no clue what I'm doing BUT I'm going to use a few pre-created characters that I never got to use because the storybooks shut down really early : (. That's allowed, right? I think it is? I'm on roleplay crew I should know this dangit! XD

Spoiler! :
Kritanta Langley

Originally the half-daughter of an ancient god of Death, she hates her father and refuses to go along with what he says. He wants her to stay safe, she throws herself in the path of danger. (It's really not healthy, honestly.) She's a Ranger, and travels the forest all day with her crow companion, Nirnasha. He's sentient but can only speak to her because he's seen as a messenger of death. He's the only present from her father that she didn't throw away. She's good with a bow, and not good with any gifts or powers she may or may not have because of her heritage-- mainly because she refuses to even attempt to use them, so she's not practiced at all. She knows rudimentary first aid. She's horrible at lying because she doesn't spend a ton of time around people, and she's very stubborn because she always does whatever plan she makes for herself and Nirnasha. She's not used to having to accommodate others.

Appearance: Kritanta has light, pale skin because she mainly works during the night, but it's not a natural, beautiful pale color. It's more drained and deathly looking. She has curly white hair and is on the very short side at 4'10". She keeps in shape, and she's got a thicker body shape in general. She always wears a shoulder pad on her left shoulder where Nirnasha lands, so he doesn't scrape her with his claws, and the skin on her face is taut and tight, giving the prominent reminder of a skull (a gift she does not appreciate from her father).

Okay so this is only one character as of yet, and I'm going to find another to include, but I wanted to send this in now just so you know it's been on my radar and I'm thinking of it.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm not Harry, but Kritanta sounds wonderful and it's definitely okay to use SB characters in roleplays! It's a great way to give them a second chance when their original storybooks go inactive or don't have frequent posts. <33

I'm really excited to see how Max and Kritanta interact with each other. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:58 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Mage already said this, but its definitely okay!! These Roleplays get pretty much every kind of character you can think of from old sb charas, to ones you create, to ones from novels, or even fanfiction :D

And Kritanta does indeed sound lovely!! I'm loving how everyone in this cast so far seems to have some sort of vibe close to death in general!

James is definitely going to be like woohooo...there are the ghosties, I can actually see them.

Then Harry's like..."duuuude...those people are alive, show some respect"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Name:Torgga Boldforge Gorunn
Appearance: See below
A bit of backstory: Torgga is a Dwarf from D&D and the older sister of one of my other characters. She's a paladin of Kelemvor, the Dwarven god of death, so she's very much against anything undead. That should make this interesting...
Torgga's parents were rulers of their clan, which makes her a sort-of princess. If you call her a princess, though, she'll happily deck you. She's a great fighter and a master of blacksmithery. She, like her brother Ulfhild, absolutely despises being on open water. She has a lot of love in her heart but often comes across as quite gruff.

Welp, here she is! My character.
Attachments
Torgga Boldforge Gorunn screenshot.png
Torgga Boldforge Gorunn screenshot.png (227.28 KiB) Viewed 290 times
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

4074 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:40 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ooohh...she's going to be a very interesting fit indeed...spoiler alert but the ship might try to fling them into the ocean at some point soo....

Feel free to get a post up!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rip Torgga when the cast gets thrown into the ocean, then. :P

But Torgga seems really cool! I love how you made her on hero forge.
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

*poke*

How we all doing?

@Magebird @GrandWild @ChesTacos @winterwolf0100
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm doing pretty good! I just went so I can't post again, but I'm excited to see where this roleplay will go. :)
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:54 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:D

Anyone able to post with the characters that are up at this point?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:53 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hi, sorry I haven't posted yet! I'll get a post up today or tomorrow now that winter break has started.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

4074 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sounds great!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4074 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:31 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Awesome post @GrandWild !!! I love those bits of backstory you slipped in!!

Okay, so now we just need @ChesTacos and @winterwolf0100 to get their first posts in to officially kick this plot into action :D

Lemme know if y'all are too busy to post rn though. I can try and twist something else into this just so this doesn't get too inactive. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:13 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Oh my bad! I completely forgot, I'll get started ASAP!
*boop*

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart