Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings ((Relaunch)) OOC

4094 Reviews

Reviews: 4094
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@TinkerTwaggy

Thanks!! I just wanted to double check there, cause there were only a couple of peeps with dragons over a thousand. :D Hmm, now I might even think of getting a bit closer to a thousand!!

Oh umm...also can a few of y'all drop a few answers to the questions I left on the pad. I'll put them in bold so that its easy to spot, but uhh yeah, I need some more info to finish this cp off :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:21 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

'Kay! Have fun with that.

Oh, and sure! Can't answer for everyone's sake, but I personally can do that today. Done with my second cp, so, might as well.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:31 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@HarryHardy Answers up, m'dear! Hope they'll be useful. It's just me though, so, if you need to poke more peeps to gather more opinions and suggestions, you should totes hit people via YWS wall posts/PMs or Discord Direct Messages, since you're lurkin' in there with us already.

Expect people to forget in case you don't do that, since #PeopleHaveLives and all that. It's also a fancy trick to always be pleasantly surprise in the event that they don't forget, but shh, that's a Happiness-class secret
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

4094 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:21 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thanks!! And I'll remember that ;)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4094 Reviews

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Alright, I think the answers I got were good enough, so today with me finally getting a free day, I managed to do some more trawling through this lore and read through all the other cp's again and I think I'm done.

Its on line 224 if someone could give that a double check before I submit it. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

40 Reviews

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@HarryHardy On it!
And also, huzzah for the lore travel! Glad that could help you too.

The only things that come to mind in terms of double-checking are:

Spoiler! :
•Why is Rachel officially called Rachel Winter and not Rachel Raetaregsanbanna?
Not only would the latter further support the idea that she was treated like a member of the family she was adopted in/hired for, but according to the CP, she doesn't know her true origins yet by the time the story begins. So, she shouldn't be aware that her real name is Winter, and neither should most people.
Given that the family tried to make Rachel think that her bodyguard training is a totally normal family responsibility (and that they know she's decently smart), calling her Winter would make it easier for her to, well, question and find her origins. That sounds like a grave oversight that's very very likely to backfire on them. And uh, she has a dragon. And combat training. I'd wager the last thing they want is risking to have her snap on them, which might happen if they give her a free dose of Identity Crisis.
#SephirothSaysHello

•...Why are the Raetaregsanbannas even bothering to lie about her bodyguard status?
I don't mind personally, I mean this as a genuine question. They could quite literally not do that, treat her like an equal anyway and not only would she be just as happy, she'd have nothing to complain about because A: she's still adopted, B: she gets to live in a pretty nice place, C: she belongs somewhere and according to the CP, the worst treatment she has is being expected to become a talented bodyguard, and she succeeded with flying colors.

↑ If you really wanna keep that in, I guess a possibility would be that they'd be scared of future resentment towards having to constantly protect their biological daughter, but... Actually, scratch that, because even then, lying about Rachel's origins and telling her that the intense training is because she's the eldest sister is likely to cause the exact same issue.

So, basically, there seem to be some sort of artificial conflict there, and honestly? You don't have to keep it, m'dear! Rachel not knowing about her Winter last name would already be enough, and given that she was legally adopted, it even makes sense that she wouldn't necessarily be told. Plus, there's still the mystery of her dad and you coud make 'im show up as a Boss/Important NPC encounter later, which in itself would be totally cool.

Food for thought!

↑ These! And uh, that's it.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:30 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I can answer that first part. Rachel is not part of the Raetaregsanbanna family; she's a bodyguard to one of the Raetaregsanbanna kids!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I think the question was that if they’re hiding her true identity and telling her she’s an older sister, than wouldn’t having a different last name from the rest of the “family” raise questions for her?
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

40 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:35 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@ScarlettFire What Winter(wolf) said! :D

In case the entire thing was skimmed through, skipped or misunderstood (...okay well that last one obviously happened, but not the point), I'll tweak it all real quick and modify the initial question into "Why is Rachel officially called Rachel Winter and not Rachel Raetaregsanbanna?" to make it slightly clearer.

No worries, Scar! I'm used to these things.

4094 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh thanks for the questions @TinkerTwaggy!!

Oki..first question, totally a goof on my part. Cause I built up the noble family and the name later I completely forget the last name situation and I know feel kind of silly for doing that. Whoops. So..yeah totally she should have her last name as Raeteregsanbannas as far as she knows even though her real last name should be Winter. I'll include that detail in there :D

Soo...about that second question...I think my thought process for that was uhh along these lines.

This is family wishing for her to sort of regard the one she has to protect as family and sort of trying to make her feel like its not a duty per see. I know that sounds a little counter intuitive cause they do make it sound like a duty in the end with the elder sister having to guard the younger sister thing, but I suppose its a classic case of running into one's destiny on the road you take to avoid it...I think. Basically I mean to say that their reasoning here isn't great and they kind of overthought the whole thing. So I totally agree, what they did is unnecessary, but they did it cause they didn't think that far...this totally sounds like a bit of a copout, but I genuinely did think of it this way :D

Hopefully that makes sense...:D Lemme know if there are too many holes in that for it to float and I will make some changes, but otherwise I'll just make that above change with the name and put it up:D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

40 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:18 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@HarryHardy You're welcome!

•Oh, okay! Just a mistake, then. Fair enough!

•Right, so it's actually unecessary and they're kind of silly for being overly careful. Aight, neat! Well, that sounds like a fun character trait that could absolutely show up in Rachel herself, given that she was raised by them Overly Convoluted Noble Overthinkers.

Oh and yes, it makes total sense, that was never in question, honestly. It's just not efficient in the long run (well, risky, rather), but considering that it's just how they are, it's fine! I wouldn't say there's any holes in that logic, since it's inherently subjective, and given that they're NPCs, we won't get to see much of it in practice anyway. Aside from maybe Rachel herself showing overthinking tendencies, as mentioned, but that's just more food for thought. At this point it's up to your artistic choices.

You should be fine, though, but our DMs likely told you as much already.

4094 Reviews

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:20 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oki then. Thanks for all the help @TinkerTwaggy

I should be able to do all the edits and submit the cp in the next hour or so :D

Edit: Its been done :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm glad your CP is up, @Haileyg21! It was fun helping you improve on it.

@HarryHardy, I'm excited to see what your character is like! I'll only get to do that once Scarlett approves it, though.

OH MY GODS, @TinkerTwaggy, your new character is, excuse my language, fucking terrifying. Anelmok is already a secret boss, but Coveïgur scares even me. We basically have a new replacement for Aran in the cast, and if anyone knew of his power and history, they would t r e m b l e. The dude even casually married a former elder. Damn!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:49 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hunter, I’m glad I’m not the only person whose initial reaction was just “HOLY F***”. Literally just reading that cp breathed some life back into my complete obsession with OSW lol.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

40 Reviews

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:26 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wha- but Anel is supposed to be stronger than- what the hell, I pulled a Twinkiel again? Goddamnit. XD

Welp, this is what I get for keeping Anel restrained and going all out with Coveïgur.
I MIST CORRECT THAT MISTAKE FORTHWITH. TO THE EDITING MOBILE!

Also, thanks guys! I appreciate it.

@BrumalHunter to be fair, even after I'm done with Anel, I doubt he'll come close to dem goblin scare-levels, given what he's about compared to Coveïgur. Anel also has a deceptively simplistic style, sooo...
...Damn it. What have I done. XD

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NEW A- actually that makes sense, he's just not nearly as OP. Huh. He even has the same role! XD I was planning to have Coveïgur stop any foolish fool from assassinating anyone because Elazar doesn't want to have his faction focus onan open war with the Council on top if managing their Conclave duties, and also this puts Coveïgur in harm's way, which is ideal for accidents (also a parallel with Anel, who protects too, but willingly).

And I'mma make Former Elder Apamai da best of #moods.

@winterwolf0100 It's the fairy dust. Excellent for inspiration.

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf