Young Writers Society

On Stolen Wings ((Relaunch)) OOC

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:52 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey, it’s no problem!

So the Conclave is a big organization, but there are smaller sections called factions in that. Think the Hogwarts houses within Hogwarts; they’re all part of Hogwarts, but some of them fight. The Elders are the leaders of the Conclave, and each one has their own faction. The biggest factions are the ones run by Elder Wintercloud and Elder Tobar because they’re the two most powerful Elders.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:16 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Ah! ok thank you that helps a lot! Thank you!
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:55 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

My profile is now also submitted! It took a while, but I am satisfied with the result.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:38 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Oh, I forgot to say this, but both of my profiles are up as well!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:27 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

All profiles except Hailey's approved for now. Still waiting on @TinkerTwaggy's character.

A note for our Fey'ri peeps and those with fiendish ancestry (that's probably myself (duh), @Vincian and @WrenZorya and maybe @winterwolf0100 because of Malik's tiefling ancestry so far?); Fey'ri may have health problems and complications, like Loren's chronic pain issues. It's because the fiendish/tiefling blood doesn't mix well with Elvish blood, or human in the cause of Malik and Kiera. To what extent, I'll let you have fun with that. Loren's a particularly bad case purely because fiendish blood is reintroduced to his line every two or three generations. >.> As for Kiera and Malik, I'm not sure how the human-tiefling thing will work out. I'll let you guys have fun with that!

And Bahu... That depends on how you want to implent the health problems, Wren! Of course, Bahu may just have very minimal pain. Let me know how you're gonna do that, if you do that all. she could be a rare case where there are no problems XD (Also, Shandor is Loren's great uncle, I think it is? So he has chronic pain, too, but not as bad as our bby fey'ri Loren. >.>)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away here or in the discords (if you're in the discords).

Also, if you're interested, @Europa has created a Tiefling Bible so feel free to check that out!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

4093 Reviews

Reviews: 4093
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Heyy...uuhh sorry its taking a while for me to come up with the character here...I'm trying to process as much of the lore as possible before finalizing on anything. :D

So far I've decided on it being a she...and a human. Also probably 17 or maximum 18. Also thinking of making her a bit of a softie...and very gay because I dunno that's a thing with all my SB characters. Haven't come up with much for backstory...but I'm going to try and make her a orphan but like..also not have a tortured past if possible...Imma try...anyway. I want to make someone more innocent cause almost everyone here appears to have some form of tortured past...and I think its a nice balance...maybe.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:19 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@HarryHardy no worries! If you'd like some assistance on the lore front, please feel free to poke scar or I! I'm sure we can give some pointers
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:13 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@HarryHardy Don't worry about it! Basically what @Vincian said. I said as much on Discord, but there's a number of people in here that are very used to helpin' people out when it comes to joining an unfamiliar SB — myself included — so, it's no trouble. 'Sides, I'm also taking my time for my second character, and essentially for the same reason.

And hey, huzzah for another innocent! Personally, I'm shooting for a secondary character that has a recent history, instead of a necessarily tortured past. I'll see how that goes.

Have fun with your schemin'♪
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:26 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@HarryHardy, I wish you the best of luck with your character creation! However, if you don't mind an observation, it might not be the best of ideas to create such a young and innocent character.

Obviously, you can do what you like, and there are certainly characters like what you're describing already (Vince and Rill immediately come to mind), but since our party has been assigned to investigate and potentially confront a force powerful enough to make many of the Council's and Conclave's riders disappear, it would be quite useful if you made a more experienced character instead! (Somebody more in their early thirties, for example.) They could totally still be soft and innocent, but in an action-adventure story, I fear an inexperienced softie would be fodder for the bad guys. And besides, how cool wouldn't that be — a cinnamon roll who's also perfectly capable of laying a beatdown on evil?!

So, yeah, those are just my thoughts. I'll be anticipating your profile. :)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

4093 Reviews

Reviews: 4093
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank youuu everyone!! I'll definitely reach out if I need clarifications :D

@BrumalHunter, that is a very good point. I think I will try and figure out how to ensure she's got some combat experience. I wasn't originally going for that but I think I can concoct something to give here a background that lets her have an innocent outlook on things and still be well trained. I do love the idea of someone whose a cinnamon roll but also still capable of dishing out some serious hurt. :D

As for her age, hmm, I tend to write younger characters in general, cause I'm bad at capturing the whole adult vibe...the characters I create are either teenagers or immortals who act like teenagers...so I think I'll still try to stick with 17 or 18 ish. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

45 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Never MInd Hunter is helping!
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

You can swap to a council slot! The Conclave is…complicated and a lot nastier than the council. They’d eat your boy alive. The Council is also complicated, but in other ways that probably won’t matter for the riders being sent on the mission. For what it looks like you’re planning with Aze, a council position would probably fit better. ^^

45 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:41 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Sorry for the bother but Hunter is helping So I dont think we will need to! It makes me so Happy! sorry though.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:43 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

All good. Just letting you know the option is there!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Btw, @HarryHardy how goes the profile?

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin