z

Young Writers Society

We are the Persistent, We are the Misplaced OOC

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Please post requests and questions here in the OOC! I am currently accepting up to 5 players, but I can start with as few as 3. Characters may also be posted here.

The RP: We are the Persistent, We are the Misplaced

Character Sheet Repost:
Code: Select all
Character Template:
Name:
Alias (if applicable):
Appearance An image of your character or a description of them):
Universe/Timeline: Example: Batman the Animated Series
Franchise:
Very brief backstory:
Version:
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi! I'm interested in joining, but I'm not sure if the characters I have in mind fit the roleplay. Can I use DC characters (specifically, Batman ones) that are from a story where original characters where reincarnated as them and have their memories of their past lives? I haven't used them in a roleplay in a bit, but this looks like the perfect roleplay for them. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:31 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Certainly! Those sound really cool, Mage!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! Now I just have to figure out who would work best. >>
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:54 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

You can use two if you like!

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great! Then I think I know exactly which two I'll use. :)

(I just need to figure out what shenanigans the two of them are getting up to right before the start of the roleplay.)

Before I settle on them for sure, I just have one quick question: is it okay if my characters are aware of the Marvel universe being a thing? One of them used Peter Parker as an alias once and the other's whole thing was being a Marvel fan in a past life, so it's something that I probably can't easily nudge away from their characters. I have some other pairs I could use, too, but I just wanted to check in case they're still good for this roleplay! :)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ah, that's absolutely okay! That'll make for some very interesting discussion since one of my characters will be Doctor Octopus (not the spider-verse one; I've chosen Alfred Molina's Doc Ock for this one.)

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ooh, cool! I can't wait to see your take on his character. :)

I'll get started on my two character profiles, then! It'll probably take me a bit to write them, but I have some fun ideas for the two characters I'm mercilessly throwing into this roleplay. ;)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:01 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sure thing! I'll get my profile up in a few minutes.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Here's the profile for my first character, Jason!

Spoiler! :
Name: Jason Todd

Alias (if applicable): Red Hood, Peter Parker

Age: Physically sixteen, but mentally older than that. Can also do a good impression of an adult if he has his helmet on and can pass for eighteen without it.

Appearance: His usual vigilante outfit, which is currently stuffed into a very large backpack right now, looks like the one from this wonderful piece of fanart!

He mostly looks the same without his mask on, but his eyes are blue-ish and have a tendency to glow green when he's stressed. If you want a more canon look for him/what he looks like with his helmet on, here's that, too:

Right now, though, he's wearing the Batman costume. I'll have him change out of it soon, but that's what the other characters are probably going to see him wearing first.

Universe/Timeline: Not Quite Canon AU, where DC characters randomly remember their past lives as OCs I made up on the fly. It's mainly Batman-oriented, but there's a few other characters that also count.

Franchise: DC

Very brief backstory: To make a very long story short, Jason Todd died twice. The first happened before he became Jason Todd. He likes to keep how he died and what his name used to be to himself, so that's not really important here. What's important is how after he died, he found himself as Batman's second Robin, Jason Todd, in the midst of his introduction to the Batman canon. Jason Todd dies in canon because of the Joker and comes back a killer wanting revenge, but this version of Jason adopts Bruce Wayne's bio son, Damian Wayne, instead. At this point in his life, he's discovered that multiple people in Gotham are in the same boat as him, and has even learned of a few people like him outside of Gotham, too.

Version: A much softer version of Jason Todd.

And here's the next character profile, this time for my character Alex~

Spoiler! :
Name: Alex

Alias (if applicable): Damian Wayne, Damian al Ghul, Ian Parker

Appearance: Like Jason, Alex is a character that got reincarnated as a DC character. The character she ended up as is Damian Wayne. She'll be stubbornly wearing the Robin costume down below:

If you imagine a tiny little eight year old wearing that instead of the thirteen/fourteen year old wearing the costume, you have exactly what she'll look like. And if you want some more fun expressions of a maskless Alex/Damian, you can check them out in this Tumblr post. DC also has a habit of whitewashing Damian (-_-) so Alex is darker than in those reference photos.

Universe/Timeline: Not Quite Canon AU, where DC characters randomly remember their past lives as OCs I made up on the fly. It's mainly Batman-oriented, but there's a few other characters that also count.

Very brief backstory: Alex keeps some of her backstory secret, but she's open about most of it. She very much grew up on the street in her past life, mainly due to running away from her foster homes all the time. At some point, she befriended a strange, lonely man named Charlie Greene. He ended up taking her in for awhile and everything was nice and happy, but then a fire broke out when he wasn't home. Alex died at fourteen years old. When she opened her eyes again, she was Damian al Ghul—also known as Damian Wayne, Bruce Wayne/Batman's only biological kid. She was also a baby that was just born; she considers that to be one of her most traumatic experiences ever.

In canon, Damian is raised by his assassin mother Talia's side of the family until he's eleven and shipped off to Gotham. In this universe, Alex made the recently resurrected Jason bring her to Gotham when she was eight years into being Damian Wayne. It takes awhile for the two of them to realize they're in the same boat, but she's now very much aware that multiple major Batman characters are actually reincarnated, too. One of her best friends, who may or may not have been shown in a picture up above, is also in the same boat.

Version: I've been told Alex is very much like Five from Umbrella Academy, so take from that what you will. :P

Edit: Whoops! I just saw your last post right after I posted mine. >> I can't wait to see your profile when it's up! :)
mage

queer and here.

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:23 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

👀

i'd love to join this! can i bring in one of my batman villain au characters?
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Here we go!
Spoiler! :
Name: Otto Octavius
Alias: Doctor Octopus; Doc Ock
Appearance: Image
Universe/Timeline: The Tobey Maguire Films (very slightly altered)
Franchise: Marvel
Very brief backstory: So for those of you who haven't seen the Maguire films, Otto was granted funds by Oscorp (Harry Osborn, specifically) to begin experimentation with power generated by atomic fusion. There was to be a demonstration of this power as a show for the investors, but it went south. The fusion generator grew too strong and its magnetic attraction began to pull the building apart, during which Otto's wife Rosie was killed. Otto, who had been using four mechanical arms to safely handle the generator, was electrocuted and the arms and their harness were fused permanently to his back. The arms' AI had previously been subdued by an inhibitor chip, but the electricity fried it and so they took control of Otto's mind, leading him to try to fulfill the purpose for which he had created the arms: create a fusion generator. He rebuilt the generator but was defeated by Spider-Man, and this is where I change the canon a bit. In the movie, Otto sacrifices himself once he regains control of the arms and destroys the generator. In my version, Otto will have been pulled from that universe as he is attempting to destroy the generator. This means the arms do not have control over him currently--he controls them. That being said, they'll always be there whispering at the back of his head.
Version: A bitter, sad Alfred Molina.

@chikara Absolutely!!

she/her

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:50 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

hope this is good!
Spoiler! :

Name: Carmine Falcone

Appearance: Since the AU she's from is a more casual "villains trying to live their normal lives" kind of thing, that's reflected in how she dresses herself and styles her appearance. She tries to keep it dressy casual, with a long cardigan, some tweed trousers, and a henley. Her hair is thrown up into a messy ponytail and most people never see it in any other way.

Universe/Timeline: AU where the villains are gender-swapped and find themselves wanting to get away from the crimes they've committed and start a fresh new life as normal, law-abiding citizens. (but does it happen like how it's supposed to? it's hard to escape the past.)

Very brief backstory: She doesn't talk about her life that much, as she sees it as just another part of life. Carmine comes from a long line of crime families, and growing up, she always knew where to keep her eyes and her mouth; most of the time they were both meant to be closed, and that's a lesson she sticks to even after years. A few too many scuffles with the law changed her mind on that, and even though she's sticking with her name and her family ties, she's had a promise that nothing else would come out of it. Who knows what will happen in the near future though? Not her.

Version: Less crime lord, more angst?
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:53 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ooooooo a Falcone!!!! This is gonna be good!

Alright y'all, I'm gonna give it another day or so to see if anyone else joins, but if not we can start planning! If you know of anybody who might be interested, please let 'em know! I'm so excited for this :D

she/her

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I'm interested in this! I'd like to write for Jean Grey/Phoenix, but I'd probably do the Animated Series timeline, since I don't love what the movies have done with her, and there's a lot of gaps the series doesn't go into that I could fill in. If we did that, could we ignore the fact that she'd technically be a cartoon, for the sake of simplicity?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues