Young Writers Society

Befriending the Enemy [OOC]

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

I'd definitely join! :D :D :D :D :D
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! Welcome to the roleplay, @InuYosha. If you haven't already, make sure to read through the posts here and in the actual roleplay! @TheMulticoloredCyr has a question for all characters earlier in this thread, and reading the roleplay might help you figure out who to write with.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

well i wanted to use Ophelia but considering that she's part uh ghost she probably wouldn't be fit for this roleplay, so i'm using amoku!

imma get my character description up in a moment

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:14 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

also, is Ace ace?

Spoiler! :

(this version of) Amoku is from the Headquarters (an rp by Vincian!).

Amoku wears red and only red, often choosing robes or at least a tunic. He's kind of a salty person, and makes little friends. He's not very tactful and can come across as rude to most people. He often seems disinterested or ignorant. When he gets serious, Amoku gets stubborn and angry.

His . . . ability, if you want to call it that, is that he can blast a huge plume of fire in front of him up to forty feet depending on how dry his throat is. The dryer his throat, the more painful the fire is to himself and the farther it will go. Amoku also needs a high intake of water to compensate for his fire-breathing, which is why he often doesn't use this ability. If Amoku drinks a lot of water, to the point of his throat being as wet as a normal human being should, if he tries to breathe fire, it'll just end up being a bunch of steam coming from his mouth.

Although he is capable of it, Amoku would never blast fire forty feet in front of him, because he'd probably shrivel up and die. When he does use it, he might put some fire in his mouth to light up a room (which might be a good way to introduce his power idk) or to light an actual fire.

Additionally, his 'secrets aura' would be mostly dark purple with hints of red. (He is open about his fire-breathing, so I wouldn't count it as a secret). His main secret is that he will die quite soon. The red is there because Amoku has killed people before, but it was on accident. It's a slightly dark shade of red because he doesn't really regret it, and he in fact finds pride in it.

Amoku isn't really affected by his relatively dark history, and his salty personality is mostly just him.And Amoku considers his power a curse more than a power.

hope this character is fine!

P.S. Art by AlyTheBookworm

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:17 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Hey @InuYosha, welcome to the RP! I just wanted to check that your character considers those murders secrets, personally, and tries to hide them. If he's proud of them he might not actually consider them secret so I wanted to check.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:23 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sooo...are one of those two spots still open?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy, there is a spot free! Want me to put you down for it? :)

And Amoku looks great, @InuYosha! It'll be cool seeing this version of him. Feel free to get a post up whenever you're able to.

(As for Ace being Ace: he's actually a canon character from Twisted Wonderland, so I'm not really sure. But since I have a habit of headcanoning characters as being ace like me and because it would be a fun pun, I'll say yes. :P)
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Woohoo...and yes, that would be great!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

129 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:46 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr he's proud of it, but he knows it's not something he should be proud of. That's why he keeps it a secret.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:10 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

@Magebird DungeonMaster loves roleplays

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:41 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Thank you for the clarification @InuYosha
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

129 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

amoku just got lowkey ignored ;-;

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

RIP Amoku. >>

Also, great posts! I'll get one up soon. :)
mage

queer and here.

4074 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:12 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Soo...I decided to throw in someone I've used quite a lot with another person who's yet to make an appearance in the roleplay section...

Spoiler! :
Name: Harrison Harvard Hardy aka The Darkness
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but he stopped aging when he was 16.
Personality: I like to call him the immortal teenager because that is what he is. He's probably a lot more optimistic that most people especially considering just how powerful he is so he doesn't really worry about anything. He's the kind of person to joke in literally any situation.
Appearance: Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

Backstory: Bit too much to mention right here...but well, he's been through a fair few things this one...
Weapons: He probably won't have a reason to bust one out but if he does I'll put that somewhere else.
Other: Usually he does have his repertoire of ridiculous powers...but to make sure he isn't too powerful for this one, I thought I'd have him sort of be challenging himself to pretend to be a regular generic superhero in this one which means he won't be using 90% of his actual abilities here.

Name: Jason Benjamin Hardy aka Hurricane Omega
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but he stopped aging when he was 16.
Personality: He's probably the only one out of the trio that actually acts somewhat his age..and usually takes things most seriously. Generally the person reminding everyone of the rules and such when everybody is brainstorming ridiculous ideas.
Appearance: Well that's variable as well...he's also a shapeshifter buuut, since these two are technically twins, well a triplet...they look basically the same but of course the look they use on a regular basis has some variation.

He prefers to remain at around 6' 2" and he's got a much more muscular frame, he definitely looks a lot more than a superhero from a movie. His skin has a more greenish tint to it than blue and his wings are also a bright emerald green. He also usually has pretty short hair, usually barely an inch long and its always neatly combed.

Backstory: Another absurdly long one here...
Weapons: Again he probably won't need to use one.
Other: Yeah, so he's going to be much the same as Harry, and not using most of the powers that he does have because...otherwise he'd be too overpowered as well.

Umm for the colors, I'm thinking potentially black for Jason, there's not too many harmful secrets in his past...its just, he's keeping his real identity secret from practically everyone besides the team.

As for Harry, just the brightest shade of red pretty much. He's done a loot of things he hasn't come to terms with or told a living soul about. Those secrets are very, very dangerous to a lot of people.

Hope these two are okay :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They're definitely okay! I've been really curious about Jason ever since he first came up in one of your stories, so it's great that you're throwing him in here.

Feel free to get a post up whenever you're able to!
mage

queer and here.

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope