z

Young Writers Society

Befriending the Enemy [OOC]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:46 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

For Alexander, I'm thinking scarlet red-- he's killed people, but only in self-defense, though that's not what he secrets pertain to.

Sinestra... uh... I kinda wanna say black cause she's got so many different secrets about so many different things about so many different circumstances that if it's not black, it's got that teeniest tiniest bit of red in there to make it not black XD
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

A little RP homework never hurts. ;)

Ace and Rose's auras would probably change colors once they introduce themselves, but I think Ace's would be a shade of dark purple and Rose's would be a shade of red that's right in between red and pink.

Ace can use magic and goes to a magic school. Unless Rose gets him to keep that a secret in a future post, which I don't really think would happen, he'd probably reveal that as soon as he introduced himself—so the aura would become more gray.

Rose's secrets are a little more complicated. It's not really a spoiler and probably won't come up much here, but she goes between two different worlds (Earth and Twisted Wonderland) when she sleeps. It's not something she really brings up in a casual conversation, so it might accidentally become a secret? She's also connected to someone else's magic and considers that to be potentially dangerous, so that would probably darken her aura a bit more, too.

(If her aura could theoretically work this way, she might occasionally get a burst of that other person's aura—especially when she's using her magic. That person's aura would be very dark red.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:37 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I have somehow been reminded of one version of the Tell-tale Heart in which three men from the police force go to see the murderer. Part of what drives him mad is that they speak in the same order-- officer, constable, chief-- in addition to his guilt an different insanity. I wonder who we might be driving insane if we follow this pattern?
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

@Magebird, the aura is only added to by thing that the character theirself is actively trying to keep secret, not just by stuff people don't know about them. Though the thing about the aura changing when she uses her magic kinda depends on exactly what's going on, but if she's channeling someone else's magic in a system where magic is as 'part of' a person as their blood is, then yes, I suppose it would change.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:42 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian the Interdimensional Fairy Detective

Spoiler! :

Bit of a nutter. Heart of...something. Well-meaning. A bit rude, most of the time he doesn't bother to even try to explain himself to others, merely running amok and assuming that he was probably right anyway.

His aura should show up as black, he uses magic to appear human and frequently lies about being an interdimensional fairy detective because of course he does. He is frequently privy to dangerous things, but he's kind of dumb so his aura might get reddish or it might just stay black.

Felici the Interdimensional Fairy Criminal

Spoiler! :

A scammer. Just a big 'ol scammer. You will likely notice quickly, and accuse him of being a scammer, which he will admit, and resume his attempt to scam you. Greedy. Has neither shame nor pride. Lives for temporary highs. Hated and forever chased by fairy authorities because on top of all this, he has no regard for their laws or code of secrecy and will not stop making messes for them across hundreds of dimensions.

He knows many dangerous things but has no filter, so his aura will be light grey, perhaps with ripples of pink.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr, thanks for the clarification! Then Ace would probably be more of a light purple, and Rose would have a very light pink aura until that other person's aura flares up.

And both Felici and Brian look great, @SirenCymbaline! I can't wait to see the two of them in action. :)
mage

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:50 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I read "NRC" as "NCR" and my brain stopped for a full 30 seconds because those two acronyms mean very different things XD

59 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:42 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

...DAMN I FORGOT TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ACTUAL THREAD brb I will read the posts

311 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:33 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I've had no writing inspiration in days so I'll let one of the others post first

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! Sounds like a plan. :)

Also hi, everyone! Sorry for not posting here in a bit—I was on vacation for a week and only got back a few days ago. Now that I'm back, I wanted to get into running this roleplay again.

There was technically a join deadline of July 11th, but I wasn't really active then. I'll extend it for a few more days so @AshlynPhoenix, @atlast, and @SebiGhoul all have a chance to post here and say if they're still interested.

Also, feel free to post next, @SirenCymbaline!
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

oh jeeze, i totally forgot about this! i don't know if i can handle another roleplay on top of in-real-life stuff i have going on, so feel free to open up my spot. i can't wait to read what you all create though! :)
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

59 Reviews

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:21 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

HEY sorry for the late reply

It is my weekend now so I should be able to write smth soon! I'm thinking more rushed and spontaneous than my usual so it won't be a sonnet or anything but it'll be there

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for letting us know, @atlast! That's completely understandable. <33

And that's okay, @SirenCymbaline! I can't wait to read what you write no matter how spontaneous it is—spontaneous can be good!
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:51 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Definitely interested, However my work loads suddenly increased so i dont think it would be responsible to join anothe rp rn.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! Thank you for letting us know, @SebiGhoul. I hope your work load lessens up soon.

Since it's been a few days since my last tag and we haven't heard from @AshlynPhoenix, I think I can safely open up two spots in this roleplay. I was originally going to open up three to match the number of roleplayers who can't do it, but it would probably better having a slightly smaller cast.
mage

queer and here.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy