z

Young Writers Society

The Scents of Magic (Group 6) [OOC]

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:47 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Sounds good to me! A hiking group . . . would that be an indicator of the characters' age range? Are they all in school, or perhaps working people in the same town where there's a hiking club?
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:30 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

That depends. I’m fine with either age range, but that would depend on what age rating we’re aiming for.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:23 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Personally, I think I'd prefer having characters on the younger side (like middle school to college age), but anything works for me! C:
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I'd feel most comfortable working with teenagers. Is anyone opposed to that?
She/They/Fae

542 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:41 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Works for me!
she/her

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:08 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Awesome! It looks like all we need to do now is create our actual characters.
She/They/Fae

542 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:25 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Does this character work for me? c: I feel like I've left something out but I don't know what it is . . .

Name: Zhang Xiong Xiong (Zhang is the surname; Xiong Xiong I'd imagine is homophonous with 'teddy bear')

Goals, desires: thinks having their powers would be a great way to help people, but wants to know more about said powers first - so they can use them better

First impressions: looks super stoic and reserved, serious (often comically so)

Hidden depths: often thinks for a long time about pointless things, daydreams a lot, generally lives a rather haphazard life, close friends have as hard a time making sense of him as total strangers

Physical appearance: short, floppy black hair; hooded grey eyes with a bit of a distant look to them, tall, ramrod straight posture with a lithe build

Strengths: kind, practical when it comes down to it, persistent

Weaknesses: uncommunicative, often dishonest

Gender and pronouns: male, he/him

Power: invisibility (so he can become invisible, but it will seem as though someone else has just walked in with a fresh cup of coffee - and if no one else is around, well.. . it's a bit conspicuous, isn't it? so he can probably only get away with it in crowded areas)

Scent: coffee
she/her

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:56 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

It seems good to me! Here’s mine:

Name: Zylphia

Goals, desires: Wants to use her powers to fight for civil rights. Wants to find who gave them their powers.

First impressions: Very chill and laid-back. Often just goes with it.

Hidden depths: Very mischievous and tends to cause minor inconveniences for the fun of it.

Physical appearance: About average height, really frizzy and puffy ginger hair, pale skin covered in freckles, bottle green eyes.

Strengths: Very level-headed, never gets into arguments, good at seeing other perspectives.

Weaknesses: Sometimes doesn't take things seriously, can get petty if someone manages to make her mad.

Gender and pronouns: Demigirl, they/she

Power: Telekinesis

Scent: Lemon
She/They/Fae

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:10 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I’ve got to go for a week, but I thought I should take the time to do this first so I don’t slow you down in the character creation process! If you create the thread while I’m gone, that’s totally alright. I’ll meet you at wherever you are when I’m back! <3

Spoiler! :
Name: Mireya Kaltrina

Goals, desires: Very much a teenage activist, but also a bit of an anarchist. If she’s not advocating for anything at the moment, then she works to make things as chaotic as possible. Could care less about where her powers came from, she just likes that they’re there.

First impressions: She’s very blue, so her appearance makes people do a double take when they first see her. If they talk to her, though, they’d definitely think she was a wild card.

Hidden depths: She doesn’t take things seriously and she’s fine with that, but she does want to get closer to others and have real relationships. Being a rebel at heart makes that hard though, because if she doesn’t drive people away, she’s nervous about forming bonds and being vulnerable, and so she’s never had good friendships.

Physical appearance: Oh, dear. Blue everything: eyes, hair, outfit, earrings, boots. Her hair is naturally chestnut, but it hasn’t looked that way for years since she had it dyed aqua blue. She’s 5’4” and kinda smol, with the physique of a gymnast.

Strengths: Tough, fierce, brave, not afraid to take risks, very bold.

Weaknesses: A little sarcastic, unable to stay serious in an crisis (and probably just enjoys the chaos instead of doing anything), doesn’t think about consequences, reckless.

Gender and pronouns: Female, she/her

Power: Mireya controls electric current— she can drain electric power, interrupt the current or break a circuit so power can’t reach appliances, and even sometimes store small amounts of energy in herself. She can’t create electric power, so she has to use what’s around her (wires, cables, electronic devices, lightning strikes in thunderstorms), so if she doesn’t have any stored power or there’s nothing nearby, she won’t be able to do anything. If she concentrates, she could release her stored energy as one electric bolt to fire at someone, though she’s never done this before.

Scent: Pine trees
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

243 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:22 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Ooh I love everyone's characters so far!! This is making me super excited for the rp =DD
Here's my character~
Spoiler! :
Name: Thomas (Tommy) Larchyn

Goals, desires: Tommy's honestly pretty content with his life as it is, though he does crave adventure sometimes. Pretty much the only thing he'd use his powers for is to play pranks on people, but if he's able to use them to help others with no cost to himself, he'd do that too.

First impressions: "Eek! Is it a squirrel?"
When people first meet Tommy, with his energy and hair color and unfortunately-shaped backpack (it's a brown blob that, from the right angle, has a remarkable resemblance to an acorn), they can't help but be reminded of a squirrel scampering around. Thankfully, once they get to know him, most people see Tommy as much more than a woodland creature (we'll ignore that one aunt who always gives him squirrel-themed cards for his birthday >.>).

Hidden depths: Despite his enthusiastic, happy-go-lucky appearance, Tommy does have a serious side as well-- he's just more reluctant to show it. But his family and close friends are really important to him, and Tommy would do almost anything for them, even if it means setting down his optimism and energetic-ness for a bit.

Physical appearance: Russet-brown hair, lively dark-brown (almost black) eyes. Slightly shorter than average. (Oh yeah, and about that backpack-- despite its acorn-ness, Tommy's rather fond of it because it's something his father sewed for him when he was younger (when Tommy was twelve, he'd had a bit of an obsession with handmade crafts). Anyways, the backpack's surprisingly sturdy and has held up for four years!)

Strengths: Tommy's an unrelenting optimist and is always open to meet new people and try new things. He's also loyal to his friends and if they're feeling down, he'll try to cheer them up as much as he can.

Weaknesses: He can be rather flighty and inconsistent, often picking up hobbies only to drop them a week later. Tommy's not the most altruistic person either-- he'll help his family and friends, but only assist strangers if it won't cost him anything.

Gender and pronouns: Male, he/him

Power: He can manipulate what people see in mirrors-- for example, he could make your reflection wave at you even if you're just standing still. Tommy can also make shapes and letters appear in mirrors, but they won't be there in real life.

Scent: Sea breeze
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:29 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

We have a bunch of mischief chaos mongers and one serious adult. This will be great.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Spearmint says...

*gentle poke*
Do you all think we should go ahead and make the RP, or wait for Silver? (I think she'll be back on the 18th or 19th?) I could try my hand at making the thread, if you want! ^-^
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:43 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

She said it’s alright if we make the thread while she’s gone, but it’s up to you, really. I don't mind either way.
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:30 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

oop, sorry for the delay, but I've posted the RP thread!!
The Scents of Magic (Group 6 RP)
Let me know if there's anything I should fix or change! =D
mint, she/her

=D

542 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:46 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Thanks for making the thread, mint! Looks great! :D
she/her

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki