Young Writers Society

The Lost Soul of Nyr'il [OOC]

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Very understandable

Okiiii...time to choose whose going to get yeeted into this one...this one was a bit of a tough choice here between three girls that come from one of my stories...but seeing that Acantha is someone with a bit of a strong personality I thought I might as well throw in the one that is the shiest here...just for some fun contrast..

Spoiler! :

Name: Susan Reyana Danvers
Superhero Name: The Phantom
Gender Female (she/her)
Planet of Origin: Earth
Appearance: She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its natural). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale to the point she looks almost ghostly.
Personality: She's a bit of a nerd...and is quite shy when it comes to interacting with people in general especially strangers. She knows how to survive in strange situations however, she's been through enough to no longer freak out at every new things she sees, but she's still going to be doing a lot of screaming and potentially crying cause she tends to both of those things fairly often. She's a bit childish at heart despite the thing she's been through. She is also quite loyal to people one she gets to know them...very loyal but she has been taught not to trust people unless they truly prove themselves.
Backstory/Powers: Susan was pretty much a normal teenager having a pretty good life. She grew up in a very supportive and strong family, being quite close to here sister Daphne. This all changed however on one terrible night, the 26th of June, 2020, which for the version of her that shows up in this RP will be around two years ago.

That night, a rogue asteroid slammed down to the ground not too far away from the car that held Susan, her parents, her sister and her sister's girlfriend and well, quite predictably they all died a pretty painful death that night. And well that would've been the end of this backstory if it wasn't for the fact that said asteroid had been tampered with.

If you're wondering what that means, well, this asteroid was knocked off its initial course by a fraction of a degree due to the exhaust from the engine of a timeship that was also not meant to be there. Tldr, what was meant to happen was the parents would die..but the girls would survive but of course that changed. This lead to the folks running things down at the land of the dead to have to enact a long forgotten procedure that was never meant to be used.

And so the girls had to be rescued from a place known as the void where souls that aren't particularly good or bad end up...and rescued before they could fade. [Fun fact for Ell cause you might like to know this...the people running this rescue mission are Harry and Jennifer, in fact Jennifer is the one responsible for teaching Susan most of the survival skills she knows ;)] They would have to complete several dangerous tasks in order to be allowed to return to the land of the living and well, live out their lives.

And so they were rescued and given certain powers to help them in doing that. Susan ended up with a very unique ability. Because she was rescued last from the void, she was partially faded when they managed to get her back. Which means even for a dead person, she was partially lost to the void and sort of faded from existence. They managed to save her mind, but her body was permanently stuck sort of phasing between solidity and being intangible and invisible. To combat that she was given minor reality manipulation powers that would allow here to control her form, essentially giving her the powers of being able to become invisible or intangible or both at will. Having had here powers for two years now, she's quite good at controlling them, they only ever malfunction when the plot needs extra tension when she's under a lot of stress.

Soo...tldr of all of that, she's currently a dead person, and is a cross between a zombie and a ghsot. She doesn't need food or sleep or air or most normal person things...so it'll immediately be quite clear to anyone that pays attention to detail that this person isn't breathing. Aaand she can phase through things, or become invisible, with an ability that is not the most reliable when she's under stress like in a fight of some sorts.

Other: Her clothes were kind of destroyed in her death so she was given a long white gown to wear...which is what she has to permanently wear as she can't change her clothes being well..dead. But...her rescuers did cast a spell on her and here sister such that anyone that looks at her sees her wearing what they would assume is appropriate in their eyes.

This spell was cast cause of well, their missions, which end up taking them to various time periods and locations to deal with all sorts of craziness.

Aaaand that's about all...hopefully that wasn't too long and Susie here works for this roleplay. :D If there's anything I need to change lemme know...at the moment, this is pretty much as she appears in my story, I didn't change anything specifically for this. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:02 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

oooo ~ loving the backstory of Susan !! she reminds me of one of my oc's too, with the intangibility and whatnot :} good idea w/ sprinkling in a contrast of character profiles to add to the mix! can't wait to see all the ppl start engaging with one another :~}]]

~ I've also extended my post a bit!
hope it isn't too long or anything... just establishing some background relations, don't mind me ;)
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

I'll drop my character profile below and also on the sidebar of the SB itself. Excited to get started with this!

Spoiler! :

Name: Darrana "Rana" Elstan
Gender Female (she/her)
Appearance: Rana is 5'9" tall, thin, pale, and has blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.
Personality: Rana is extremely outgoing and charismatic. When in doubt, the best strategy is always to make a friend. Or, at least, to appear friendly and nonthreatening and hope that it ends up being a good strategy. She's very goal-oriented and driven so sometimes her interactions are a bit calculated, but it all comes from a good place and she's passionate about making the world a better place.

Backstory: Rana grew up the eldest daughter of an abusive nobleman. Her world is very medieval with no protections for women or LGBTQ+ individuals, so her goal has always been to open a girls' school to help other women who want to have an option other than marriage and children.

Other: She can manipulate the natural energy of the universe (called The R'hyk) which can do a fair number of things (as the plot calls for ;)) but she's fairly new to the practice so she's going to be strongly limited in what she can and can't do.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

4099 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:02 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank youu!!

I added my character profile to the sb too...I should have a post up sometime in the next 24 hours :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

7 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:35 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

helloo~
would it be okay to play two characters for the rp~?
I know it might not be easy to keep track of everything w/ a new profile, but I made an entire character sheet for this little guy and wanted to at least use him :{ ...he's also probably my favourite from the small collection of strange ppl I've made.
~ I'd just like to ask if that's possible! If not, it's fine.
~ but just to have it laid out, here is his outline:
^oh and I followed the format from another rp; I can re-edit it once the team deems him worthy of acceptance! he'd love to join...

>> Elysium, Skeletal Warrior <<

Spoiler! :

Name: Elysium (name meaning; blessed after death)

Gender/Pronouns: Male, He/Him

Species: Sentient Skeleton

Looks + Clothing:
Picture an ancient Roman warrior wearing a crisp attire of red and gold, a matching feather plume headpiece to go with it, as well as ruby-coloured armbands and a leather skirt of saffron strips ~ but without the flesh to go w/ it. Just bones and armour. He also owns a magical ruby ring as an accessory.

Appearance (visual):

~

Likes: Being social, living carelessly happy and absent-minded, venturing across the lands to explore...

Dislikes:
~ Remembering his waking life in the unforgotten throes of their defeated army, fighting a losing battle at the hands of Odacer, a Germanic leader who overthrew their kingdom.
~ He buries the grief of his fallen comrades and tries to forget the lives of the enemy soldiers he had taken away. As a ruthless, loyal servant to the Roman Empire, he was trained to kill and was sent off to war, albeit with his hidden nature of goodwill. Now he finds comfort in violence — but peaceful violence - without ill-intention.
~ He also doesn't like to think back to the time he spent trapped in the amulet of an evil wizard, forced to do his bidding because he was revived through his magic. BUT, after managing to steal the amulet from his possession, Elysium broke the magic neckpiece and liberated all others chained to his command, untying all souls indebted to him— singlehandedly severring his rule over the army of slaves he'd amassed over the years.
....From thereon, he fled the lair of his former master and lived life as a free— dead— man! His escape lead to many fruitful quests and prolific exploits as he travelled the lands to his hollow heart's content.

Personality: Spirited, Valiant/Brave, Compassionate, Thrill-seeking, Affable, Good-natured, Good-humoured, Just looking for a pal or sword-sparring buddy

Abilities:
~ He can communicate with the dead. Any entity that has lost its life is fair game. Nonliving things don't count. It can sense corpses, miles away, within a small radius.
~ In addition: he can safekeep recently-dead souls by interceding the 'judgement process' that all living beings go through. Before a dying organism is guided to the afterlife (heaven or hell), he sends its soul into another realm: within the confines of a magic gemstone attached to his sculpted ring.
^ This special ruby ring is like a pokeball — it houses creatures (similar to pokemon-catching mechanics).
~ And after learning a creature's name, Elysium can summon said captured creature at any given time. They do his bidding.
~ But ! he only captures the souls willing to serve him; with any other, he fares them well and carries on about his day like any other.

Weapon:

Gladius Hispaniensis: A classic double-edged, short iron sword.
^(commonly used by roman warriors)^

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Urg!! He seems so cool, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask for everybody to limit themselves to one character. I think it’ll increase the chances of this storybook continuing for longer and allowing everybody an equal workload. If you like this Elysium more than Acantha, however, feel free to switch your post around and use him instead. Once again, I’m very sorry!
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

7 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:50 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

~ahh alright… it was fun to make him regardless.
I’ll stick with my gool ol gal Acantha :}}

4099 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:46 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Dropped a postie!! Hope its alright!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

7 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:20 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

woah~ @HarryHardy your post was an entire chapter! gotta love backstories :3
hey I also have a question; are all the characters separate from each other or do they get transported into the same cosy room?
~I think it would help push the story along to have them be introduced to one another early on. what do you think?

26 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:21 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

They’re all in one room- awesome posts everybody!! I’ll get mine up and then we can respond. (Also I will be trying to wrap my head around the meaning of DALSAF for the next hour- think I’m getting close XD)
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
she/her

7 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:37 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

okay! also @HarryHardy~ I think it would be better to have your last lines re-edited into: "being sucked through dimensions from a book of all things was new to her, not to mention *this time she was on her own*," since it sounds as if there aren't any other people in the room with you :"{ ~if that makes any sense ??

4099 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:09 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank youu<33 xD..I did go a touch heavy on establishing that backstory...lol...and hmm..I'll look into that.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

26 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:17 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

ALRIGHT! Posted! Sorry, that took so long, my computer was acting UP for a couple of days. Feel free to reply! The character I'm playing with is Wrell. I'll have her character profile up here in a second

@HarryHardy @ShadowVyper @sakeofvanity05
she/her

4099 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:55 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Great post!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

26 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:38 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

I’m just gonna ping y’all a lil. Also u don’t have to post in the same order every time. @HarryHardy @ShadowVyper @sakeofvanity05
she/her

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical