Young Writers Society

The Headquarters OOC

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:16 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcome all! I want to re-iterate some info!

Additional Information
    • This is the HQ, the main thread for an overarching story of roleplays.
    • You will be a part of a taskforce that has missions all over the world. Each mission will be its own roleplay.
    • Once the mission is complete, the roleplay is finished and this thread is updated to continue the main storyline.
    • Characters remember what happens on previous missions, even if they were not a part of said mission.
    • Characters can be created and retired at any time.
    • Characters will not be on every mission.
    • Missions will be the only plot written at any time.

Please, let me know if you have any questions!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:24 am
View Likes
Omni says...

This has been awhile since the discussion, but I'mma still ping y'all!

@Magebird
@IcyFlame
@InuYosha
@winterwolf0100
@HarryHardy

It's here!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:43 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!! Really excited to see how this goes :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Hey, I don't have a lot of time rn but I'm excited that this is happening!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:24 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey, this looks awesome! As you know, I’m not sure I can tackle something during July, but I’m definitely still interested!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:05 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr that's totally understandable! If you're interested in this but don't have the time, you can totally create a character and just lemme know when you're more free to write ^^

@winterwolf0100 the same goes to you!! Have fun at camp ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:28 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Yus this is amaezeinggggggggggggg
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:09 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Here's my profile! I'm excited for this!

Spoiler! :
Sit down. I'm Commander Furia, head of HQ. If you get this job, you'll take orders from me. Understood?

Your Response: Get on with this already. I understand, loud and clear.

Hmm. Closer to the microphone. State your name for the record.

Your Name: Aamokan.

Okay. First mistake of this job. We don't use our actual names here. Give me an alias.

Your Alias: Amoku?

Really? That's the best you can come up with? No, no, we're moving forward. What makes you qualified for this job?

Your Abilities: Pyrokinesis from my mouth. Great for camping, bad for karaoke.
Strengths: Can blast fire nearly forty yards ahead. Get too close to me, and I'll roast you.
Weaknesses: Hmph. Why should I tell you? Whatever. If my lips or bound together or my mouth is closed, I'm basically useless. Also, I require a high intake of water to compensate for the intense heat. Without water, I'm a goner. Although, for approximately a minute after I drink water, all I can do is shoot steam out of my mouth.

Hmm. Okay, so what are you planning on wearing to the battlefield? Nothing ridiculous. I'm not going to waste my resources on a flashy suit just for you to die on the first mission.

Your Appearance: Red. Anything red. I prefer robes or at least a tunic.

We'll smooth out the details later. Good enough. Now to the nitty gritty. I need to know that you'll be compatible with the other members. I also need to know that you know yourself enough to reveal all aspects of your personality, even the not so good.

Your Personality: I am a charming person with no ulterior motives whatsoever. Yes. Yes, I should say that in my resume, haha.
Strengths: Honor is the most important thing to me. Not my honor, but honor itself. I will gladly take a bullet for an unarmed civilian, but I would fight an enemy to the death, for I know that my opponent will fight with the same heart of honor.
Weaknesses: People hate me. You want to know how compatible I'll be with others? Zero. Not sure why though. People say I'm a salty, sarcastic, stubborn, son of a . . . whatever. Hopefully, I can go on a mission alone?

We'll learn soon enough if what you said is the truth. Now. Tell me about your past. This is vital information, so try not to leave out details. Anything incriminating especially. I need to know if I have to do more paperwork to get you hired.

Your History: I was raised in a small Mongolian village, until we were steamrolled by this so called 'science'. People came and tested their experiments on us. Fire-resistance, Fire-creation. Everything was about fire. They were fascinated by humanity's greatest source of heat and pain. I was the only one who survived those experiments. They tried 'The Dragon' on me. And it worked. I became able to shoot huge plumes of fire from my mouth. They loved it, but I escaped, since, the fire also works as a way to propel me.
Personal Secret: My life expectancy is extremely short. I have very few years left in me.
Personal Wish: I hope to find a way to reverse my transformation into a human dragon, and become a normal human who can live a long, normal life.

I really did not need to know your hopes and aspirations, but thank you for that knowledge. Before we leave, do you have any questions for us?

Other: No. Now leave me alone if you're finished.

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:05 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@InuYosha can you post it in the character sidebar in the rp? It's on the right, either above or below the rules XD I forget

I'm creating one of my characters right now and I hope to have her up and available to look at as an example hopefully by tomorrow ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:48 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

@Vincian alr

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:17 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AlmostImmortal you can totally join! Just sign up here :D I'll have my character up soon, my AC was out for a few days which crippled me lol

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:11 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Oh yay! This looks like a ton of fun.

Spoiler! :
Sit down. I'm Commander Furia, head of HQ. If you get this job, you'll take orders from me. Understood?

Your Response: Yes. I understand.

Hmm. Closer to the microphone. State your name for the record.

Your Name: Saturn.

Okay. First mistake of this job. We don't use our actual names here. Give me an alias.

Your Alias: Sun, I guess? No, no. Cronus.

Really? That's the best you can come up with? No, no, we're moving forward. What makes you qualified for this job?

Your Abilities:(Be unique! If you want a broad power, find a way to make it yours): Well, Ukayans are very aquatic creatures, so I can breathe underwater through my skin. When wet, my webs naturally web. I can stop and start my heart on command like some frogs. See this band of teal on my wrist? It's a strand of bioluminescent skin that I can flash in morse code to communicate under water or in places that aren't exactly made for talking.
Strengths: Everyone tells me I'm a good shot.
Weaknesses: I'm very far from strong if my noodle arms didn't already tell you that.

Hmm. Okay, so what are you planning on wearing to the battlefield? Nothing ridiculous. I'm not going to waste my resources on a flashy suit just for you to die on the first mission.

Your Appearance: Just a simple white button-up and slacks. I can make my own coat. (OoC: And for the other details, "Cronus" is very short, only standing at 4'11" or about 1.5 m. His skin is navy blue, and his hair white. His eyes are teal.)

We'll smooth out the details later. Good enough. Now to the nitty-gritty. I need to know that you'll be compatible with the other members. I also need to know that you know yourself enough to reveal all aspects of your personality, even the not so good.

Your Personality: People tend to say I'm easy to get along with. I would do anything for those I care about, and I'm not afraid to put them first. I laugh at myself when I do something dumb. I'm not very good at holding grudges.
Strengths: Like I said, I'm easy to get along with. I let people do what they need to do to feel comfortable.
Weaknesses: Some would say I'm too self-sacrificing. I'm not too inclined to agree. ANyways, no one takes me seriously or finds me threatening. But, I think we could use that to our advantage.

We'll learn soon enough if what you said is the truth. Now. Tell me about your past. This is vital information, so try not to leave out details. Anything incriminating, especially. I need to know if I have to do more paperwork to get you hired.

Your History: My parents never taught me about the planet I'm supposed to be on. They were almost always ill, but they desperately wanted another kid. So, I watched a lot of my siblings die before they knew me. Failure after failure, my mother almost gave up. But, she had a miracle, and she managed to give birth to my younger sibling, Neptune. Now, Neptune certainly didn't come out unscathed. They're blind in both eyes, partially deaf, and their heart problems are terrifying at the best of times. But, they mean the world to me. I was seven when they were born. We ended up moving in with some family friends because our parents just got worse and worse. But, we can't stay with them forever, so I came here.
Personal Secret: I'm not really sure. I don't keep many secrets. I like guys? I'm intersex? My friend is constantly plotting world domination? I'm not really sure what to say.
Personal Wish: I want to do everything I can for my family.

I really did not need to know your hopes and aspirations, but thank you for that knowledge. Before we leave, do you have any questions for us?

Other: Sure. When can I start?
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

129 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:02 am
View Likes
yosh says...

yo wait wait wait is this just a watery spider-man

so i took another nap

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:02 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

*poke*
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

All right! Sorry about the huge absence!! I'm back in my groove a bit and I really want to see this get off the ground. So! Interest check!! @HarryHardy @InuYosha @AlmostImmortal @TheMulticoloredCyr @winterwolf0100

There's still a lot in flux with when this will start, but if y'all are still interested in joining, I would love to have you. I plan to have the first mission briefing (so the first rp with its cast and intro post) out in two months. ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket