Young Writers Society

Doongeons and Doogans [OOC]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:57 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm always down to DM and run this, no matter what direction we go ^^ Speaking of, I do think it would be fun for the DM of the roleplay to be like an actual DM in the story! Like, it would allow fun, like, fourth wall breaks, but also would be able to steer the story.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ooo, that's a cool idea @Vincian!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:25 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh...the scheming is coming along nicely here...and hmm...a few serious moments, perhaps the things that end up grounding the plot itself with the rest of it being lighthearted is perhaps what we'd shoot for judging by what everyone has said?

Also that's an awesome idea @Vincian

As for any ideas for a general plot...I'm assuming the start is just going to be them sort of realizing they're in some strange land and looking different to how they normally look?

As for the idea itself...perhaps the old classic of someone summoning some heroes to take care of some issue and said heroes shall not be allowed to go back till they've taken care of said issue.

Perhaps the DM character Vincian suggested could be some sort of person in power in this world that summoned a crew of peeps over to help take care of this issue. As far as the issue is concerned, I'm thinking the old but reliable, quest for some magical device of some sort...or maybe these folks have to go recover some kind of hidden treasure?

I'm just yeeting ideas as they appear in my brain...

Also...for my character..ahh..I really want to use Harry in this one like I wanted to use him in this roleplay where he pretends to be a generic hero. SInce that roleplay doesn't seem to have many signs of life left, I kinda want to throw him in here trying to pretend to be a regular DND'fyied hero of some sort. :D Harry Hardy the character of course... I think only Mage has actually met him before. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love the idea of having the DM be an actual character! They could be the entity that was responsible for the characters being D&D-ified and ending up in the roleplay? Maybe they were upset that none of their friends wanted to play their campaign, so they decided to find some mortals to do it instead.

(The magic that summoned them might not be perfect, which explains why someone as powerful as Harry would end up there.)

They could also have a character in the campaign that seems like a regular old NPC who summoned them/issued the cast their quest. It would add a fun twist for the characters to uncover as the story progresses, and also gives us the perfect opportunity to slip some foreshadowing in from the very start of the roleplay.

And if you want to DM the roleplay, I'd be cool with that, @Vincian! I think we could all scheme up the plot together, but it would be great to have a designated person to nudge us all about posting. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:15 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oooh, yes, that seems like an awesome twist to throw in there. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:58 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Magebird that is an absolutely wonderful idea!!

I think it would also be funny (probably not practical) if we had a thing where our DnD characters switched with our irl characters, so the Dnd characters have to play the game XD

I think I'll make a pad sometime within this week. Probably later on in the week since I'm pretty tired but I'm excited and wanna start brainstorming!!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4075 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:59 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh...so many wonderful ideas coming up here!! :D

Also yay!! Really excited to start brainstorming for this!! Also to meet everyone's characters...xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:13 am
View Likes
Carina says...

lol omg breaking the fourth wall with DM I love it. you are totally welcome to take the lead on this, @vincian!!

also
I think it would also be funny (probably not practical) if we had a thing where our DnD characters switched with our irl characters, so the Dnd characters have to play the game

consider the opposite 😳 here's a crackbrain idea:

In an effort to bond and grow as a team, the YWS RP Crew decided to start a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Vincian stepped up to be the DM, while Magebird, Carina, HarryHardy, GrandWild, SilverNIght, and winterwolf0100 are the participating in the campaign. They all worked together writing their character sheets and picking out their dice before starting.

Little do they know that the characters they are bringing and the story they are writing is actually happening in an alternate universe.

I have no idea what the feasibility of this is, just a random brain in my head because the idea of there be goofy Elias moments and then sudden Carina POVs is so funny in my head lmaooooo anyways
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4075 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

AHHHH...if we can somehow make this happen...I would love this....

The confusion it would cause would be intense too...'cause me HarryHardy and my character's also Harry Hardy.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:40 am
View Likes
Carina says...

.... i.... well this chaos is so tempting LOOOL

irl harryhardy: hah i will make my character harry hardy too
dnd harry hardy: *CONFUSED SCREECHING*

the difference lies in the space, harry

THE SPACE
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:00 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@Carina that is an AMAZING idea! I wanna say to go with it, but we shall see with the pad brainstorming, but I'm super into this idea ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds amazing.

I also love how this idea implies we're either a) too lazy to make brand new D&D characters or b) that we like characters from other things so much that we just decided to reuse them. I know I'd do both of those things, so that makes this idea even more entertaining. :P

I, uh, just have to figure out who I'm using still.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:49 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

hello yes sign me up for that idea
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

4075 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:03 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

xD...yes...the space...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:21 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Hmmmm....... I might make the prompt for this during RP month lol but only if @vincian wants to be the literal DM of the story because 1) I want to be SILLY CHARACTER and 2) brain is dead cannot DM but can definitely set up the story
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron