Quandary Cottage [OOC]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue May 25, 2021 6:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Quandary Cottage
The RP

Hey everyone! I'm Shady [she/her], your local fish whisperer, here to pitch my first Roleplay Hollow idea!

So, since this is a Hollow, I've intentionally not come up with much of a plot -- we'll figure that out as we go. The setup is that these ads are a magical cry for help from someone that we'll all be working together rescue, though what The Big Bad is is currently undecided (open to ideas!). We'll all meet up together in the cottage and work out a plan for what we need to do next. More on that in a minute.

The Help Wanted: _______. Inquire at Quandary Cottage ad is tailored specifically to your character. I left it intentionally vague so that you could fill in with whatever character you're bringing to the story. For example, the character I'm bringing in is a mercenary, so his ad will read Help Wanted: Mercenary. Inquire at Quandary Cottage but if, for example, your character is a physician then your character's posting will read Help Wanted: Physician. Inquire at Quandary Cottage.

These ads are charmed so that each character can only read what's relevant to themself. For example, if my mercenary is looking at the ads, he will only see two ads asking for a mercenary -- where if your physician is looking at the ads, then they'll only see two ads asking for a physician. Each ad will have a clue on it for what they need to do next that appears once they're all together, but I don't have any idea what the clue should be, yet.

General Expectations

1) This will be a fast-paced RP, which means much more frequent posts than in the Realm. Ideally, aim for at least one post per day -- obvi real life comes first and no sweat if you have to miss a few days. But the posts are short and snappy, so aim to post at least once per day (but you're welcome to post more!). There's no posting order. And if you happen to get behind for whatever reason, just yeet your character into wherever makes sense with the current place of the RP. This isn't a novel so no need for continuity, just slip your characters back in whenever you get caught up!

2) Standard RP rules apply. Basically, don't be a jerk. Magic is chill, but all of our characters should be pretty equally competent (i.e., don't bring in a warlock that can just crush any sort of conflict. All characters need weaknesses). Don't control anyone else's characters. If you have specific questions, let me know!

3) Include an enspoilered character profile at the top of your first post:

Code: Select all
[b]Name and pronouns:[/b]
[b]Race (human, elf, dwarf, etc.):[/b]
[b]Occupation (i.e., physician, ranger, bard, etc.):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance (just a few lines is okay):[/b]
[b]Abilities (if any, it's fine if not!):[/b]

4) I'm hoping for this RP to be about 5 people (including me), but am open to the possibility of expanding this a bit if there's more interest than that!

5) Jump in right away! If you want to bounce character ideas off me/us then that's cool, but if not, that's also cool! If you're one of the first five people to show up, then just make an intro post of you getting to the cottage (that includes your character profile). If you're not in the first five, please post here first to ask to join! We'll try not to cover too much ground until we get a feel for how many characters we're going to have in the RP, but we can do some general chit-chat until this fills up.

6) Make sure you subscribe to both threads so you don't miss anything!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Ooh, I like this! I think I want to join, but I'm not entirely sure what my character could fit in as; I have only two developed ones. The first is a mercenary/bodyguard and the second is... a bookworm? Lorist? I'd love to bring her in, though.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

935 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 am
View Likes
Shady says...

I'd love to have you @LittleLee!

Ooh, both of those sound interesting! A lorist would be cool... I don't really have ideas yet of how they're gonna figure out what the adventurers need to do once they're all together, so maybe she'd able to be like "oh, well, actually, here's a random helpful fact that I know" or something? But also I'm writing a mercenary as well, so yours would be in good company ahah

If you can't pick, then you're welcome to write both of them ^^ It might be a bit overwhelming to keep track of two characters with the speed with which Hollows move, but if you wanted to introduce them both and then just switch back and forth between their POVs as you wanted, that would be cool c:

[they/he]

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue May 25, 2021 11:25 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

I can tweak her a little and make her a combat medic, I suppose. She has a useful ability that lets her know what's wrong with a person's body.

I think I'll leave out the merc; it'll be nice to have a divers group of occupations. :)
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

935 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2021 11:29 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Sounds great to me! Feel free to post her intro in the RP whenever you're ready ^-^

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

IM JOININ DIS
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

935 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 10:42 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

WE ARE BLES'D

[they/he]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed May 26, 2021 11:30 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

ahhhhhhh this looks so interesting, I’d love to join! :’)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

935 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 11:58 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

AYE! We'd love to have you @SilverNight!

I've never gotten to actually write with you and now I'm really excited aha

[they/he]

135 Reviews

Thu May 27, 2021 12:03 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Me too! c:

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu May 27, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

This looks neeeat :O

One question

Can my character bring her donkey?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

135 Reviews

Thu May 27, 2021 5:12 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

So I think I have a character that I'd like to use for this— he's an artist, which might not sound like an ideal or expected skill set for what you have in mind, but what he does have is an ability/power related to it that would most likely be rather useful!

What I’d like to bring up before I alter his character sheet for this is that he's in another roleplay at the moment where this ability isn't revealed quite yet— but I’d like to let him use it freely here. @soundofmind is the only one in that roleplay here, though, so revealing it to you all wouldn’t be a problem to me— assuming you’re okay with a spoiler for Nikolai, sound? :’)

silver (she/they)

935 Reviews

Thu May 27, 2021 5:36 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ooh! Glad to have you @SirenCymbaline, yeah that sounds good! My character is bringing his horse and I assume? other people will have rides and/or pets (if they want!)

:eyes: I'm excited to meet whatever character you bring Silver lol but I'm intrigued......

[they/he]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu May 27, 2021 5:47 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Thank you @ShadowVyper! I'll have a post/descrip up prolly in the next few days

@Silverlight I curious too o.o
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent