z

Young Writers Society

The Land of the Eternally Bound [OOC]

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sat May 15, 2021 4:15 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hi!!...I am Harry...or the Prince of Darkness as some of you may know...aaand welcome to my first roleplay. I'm running a roleplay for the first time here...and shamelessly ripping off @Magebird 's formats cause they're the best.
\
So...the plot is laid out fairly clearly in the roleplay itself but if you guys want any clarifications that aren't secret for "reasons" just ask and I shall tell...that was a weird choice of sentence there

At any rate, I'm fine with basically any character you guys choose to write, just one restriction, you probably shouldn't use any tooo OP...like I'm okay with characters one the power levels of Superman, Thor etc....but we couldn't handle anyone more powerful than that...and of course..if you wanna throw a human in here...as inhospitable and terrible as this place sounds, they'll do totally fine. I'll put my characters up soon...and they will be the mysterious guides/ the ones that totally messed and brought everyone else here.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

4075 Reviews

Sat May 15, 2021 4:17 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@TheMythMaster
@Magebird
@SoullessGinger

Tagging you guys cause you showed some interest..:D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 15, 2021 4:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Please sign me up! I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it before I read the description, but I can definitely do it if there's no requirements for the characters besides making them not all that OP. c:

also im always down for people stealing my rp formats! there's no need to fix what isn't broken~
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Sat May 15, 2021 5:07 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!! Can't wait to see what character you throw in here :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Y E S
I will definitely join
(I mean it's not like I've already got two rps going and maybe this is too much)
hehe
count me in (:
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

4075 Reviews

Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Welcome aboard!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat May 15, 2021 6:14 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Hi yes hello let me in-
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Yesss, I'm so excited! I've got a long list of characters I'd love to play, it'll just be the choosing that's difficult! But I do have to ask, how does a roleplay work? I've played Dungeons and Dragons, but is this sort of roleplay much different? Other than that, I'm definitely in!

-Ell (she/her)

4075 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Woo hoo, that's the cast complete...welcome aboard @Ignorance and @SoullessGinger..

And to answer your question....uhh...this is pretty simple, you put a description down of your characters, and then we just take turns posting...xD...umm...I think an example is probably easier to understand so...here's one of the longest one's I've been a part of: Hey-Day Capriccio

Aaand these very helpful links will prolly tell you a lot too:

Welcome to the Roleplay Realm!

Roleplay Rules

Also...for anyone looking in...at the moment...the cast is full...and we are closed.

My characters should be up in the next couple of hours :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4075 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2021 12:15 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Aaaand here's the two characters I'm going to be using...

Some of you have definitely met at least one of them

Spoiler! :

Name: Harrison Harvard Hardy aka The Darkness
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but he stopped aging when he was 16. {Yeah he's immortal}
Personality: I like to call him the immortal teenager because that is what he is. He's probably a lot more optimistic that most people especially considering just how powerful he is so he doesn't really worry about anything. He's the kind of person to joke in literally any situation.
Appearance: Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

Backstory: He's seen pretty much everything and done pretty much everything but its a full novel, his backstory that is.
Weapons: Well...I'll leave that to be shown as the story on goes...on....there's definitely gonna be a few of these whipped out over the course of the story.
Powers: Again..prolly gonna reveal these here and there as we go along...

Also yes....he's my oldest character that I created so I've got some suuuper specific stuff to describe him....you guys definitely don't need to get this detailed with your descriptions...just general look would be enough..:D

Name: Jennifer Rose Hardy aka Princess
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight)
Personality: She's even more of an immortal teenager I would say. She's the one who goofs of the most and likes the odd prank here and there.
Appearance: Well that's variable as well...she's also a shapeshifter.

She likes to be around 5' 2", but besides that her appearance is essentially the same but just female. The differences would be that her suit is hot pink and her veins and eyes also tend to glow hot pink. They're technically identical twins....but not really cause they weren't born...just a loong bit of backstory there....don't worry about it too much

Backstory: She's been around a few attoseconds less than Harry but she's seen just about everything he has.
Weapons: Again prolly will reveal as we go on.
Powers: To be revealed as we go on.

Anyway these two are the ones who cause this whole situation..xD..and they're waiting as the four of your characters pop into the room...but again unless your characters how some sort of night vision, they won't be able to see them. Anyway...these two will be the guides outta here.

Can't wait to see what characters you guys come up with. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 16, 2021 12:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Here's my guy! I haven't written him all that much before, so I'm excited to see how he develops as a character during this roleplay~

Spoiler! :
Rune: He's somewhere in his late teens, but it's honestly hard to tell thanks to how covered up he is. He almost always wears a strange black cloak littered in silver symbols. Underneath it, he's wearing a simple, high fantasy-esque black outfit with a sturdy pair of boots. The majority of his head is covered in bandages, including his right eye. Some of his hair is showing, though; he has his black hair in a tiny ponytail. His eyes are a pale, pale blue, almost to the point where they look white. His skin is also kind of light.

Here's a drawing of him I made a few months ago:

mage

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue May 18, 2021 12:30 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Here's my dude! Very excited to flesh him out >:D

Spoiler! :
Name: Zolyrth Dustkarn (He goes by Lyrth)

Age: He’s not really sure, but probably eighteen or nineteen

Appearance: Lyrth is 5’11”, wearing fantasy-esque black leather armor and a deep gray-blue cloak, clasped at the throat with a small raven broach. The right side of his face is marked by a deep scar running from his eyebrow down to the neck of his armor and disappearing beneath his clothes. His skin is a dark gray, almost metallic but not quite, and his irises are a luminescent lavender. They’ve seen too much for one who has only been alive for so long. His hair is white, and reaches just past his shoulders in waves. There are braids and beads woven in it, giving him an odd look as the beads catch the light and reflect it elsewhere. His ears take on an elven shape, and sport an assortment of gold piercings. On the palms of his hands are strange tattoos that seem to have been done by an amateur. Across his back is strapped a long double bladed scimitar of some shimmering unknown metal. Build-wise, he’s very strong, but lean, as if more accustomed to dodging and dancing with his blade, rather than direct strikes and blunt force.

Personality: Lyrth is very charismatic, and fond of sarcasm. He loves music and sings often (A wonderful excuse for me to write ballads). He dislikes speaking about himself and his past (hehee) but tries his hardest to make others feel protected and that they can trust him. Other bits and pieces: He’s incredibly determined to reach his goals, and what he values the most is his freedom, those he loves, and beautiful things.
A Couple Flaws: He sees fighting as an inevitable part of life, and frankly, it’s an escape from reality for him. And he has a hard time feeling guilty when someone gets hurt while he is protecting something he values.

Backstory: Like I said, Lyrth is very private and keeps his past secret. >:)

And I might draw him and enclose it in a different message later, but I’m not sure.
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

4075 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2021 6:50 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

They both look great there!! Feel free to post now. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 18, 2021 2:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! I'll go write up a post. c:
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! :)
mage

queer and here.

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning