Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Roleplay

[Closed]

Hi there!

I'm Mage [she/her]. You might have guessed it from the description of the roleplay, but The Tempest's Eyes is set in the same universe as my other, now closed roleplay The Lunar Plains!

Both roleplays are set in the universe of Stargate: Atlantis, but you don't need to know anything about the show to understand the plot of this story. The townspeople (and maybe the mysterious traveler!) will take care of explaining the story's lore to both you and your characters.

The roleplay's info post might not have made this all that clear, but this roleplay will start with our characters finding themselves on the outskirts of a medieval-looking town. I'm currently not sure if I'll write another character on top of the traveler, but I'm definitely leaning towards writing a second character to keep this interesting~

Speaking of characters, let's talk about those! You're free to write whoever you want to write as long as they 1) aren't from Stargate: Atlantis or this world and 2) aren't so overpowered that they can easily get out of potential conflicts. Besides that, I'm good with any character! You can even write fanfiction characters or AU versions of canon characters.

(The traveler is actually a fanfiction character of mine, so I'm definitely a big fan of fics and fic characters!)

As a last little note, this roleplay is a RP Realm roleplay. That means the posts should be on the longer side. Some posts might just end up being a sentence or two, but please try to flesh out your posts as much as you can! This roleplay being in the Realm also means that you can't control anyone else's characters. You do have some over the NPCs, but definitely run any major plot points by meā€”that way I can make sure they don't conflict with my super secret schemes.

If all that sounds good to you, come claim a spot! I'm excited to write this story and meet everyone's characters. :)

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 1:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@ChesTacos, @Corvid, and @atlast, I saved you spots in this! You definitely don't have to join the roleplay if you don't want to, but I wanted to make sure you were able to join at least one roleplay with space vampires. :P

Let me know if you definitely want to do this! I'd be happy to keep you on the cast list, but I'm also cool with taking you off it if this really isn't your cup of tea~
mage

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 14, 2021 1:13 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

thanks for saving me a spot @Magebird !
:3
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 1:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're welcome! c:

also i just saw what your signature said and i'm-
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Reviews: 4092
Fri May 14, 2021 3:09 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A dark stormy night in a strange town on another planet....count me in!!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri May 14, 2021 5:20 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

This seems really interesting, can I join?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 am
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

may I join?
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 9:58 am
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy and @LittleLee, there's currently two spots open, so you can both join! I added both of you to the cast list.

@BrokenHeartsAri, the spots have unfortunately filled up for now, but I'll let you know if one of them opens up!
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri May 14, 2021 12:26 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

thanks for saving a spot for me, mage! i'm excited to get started. :)
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're welcome! c:

Now that all the spots are filled (assuming @ChesTacos wants to join this roleplay!), all we have to do is write up our character descriptions and write our first posts. I'm still torn on who I want to do besides the mysterious traveler, but I should have my first post + character up sometime today!

Everyone is free to write a complex character profile if they want to, but I know I'm just going to stick to a simple description of my character's appearance. c:
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!!

Let's see which poor soul I can snatch to strand in this world
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 1:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Stranding characters is one of the best part of roleplays. :P

Also, I posted! I finally managed to settle on a character. It's been a little while since I've written Runi, but I'm excited to see how she interacts with everyone and the story I'm scheming up. ;)
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2021 3:17 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oh yeah...most definitely....

Aaand turns out this is teleportation week because I think I'm going to show my other teleporter from the Alpha Pack team some love here.

So here he is...

Spoiler! :

Name: Sean Ashton Argentum
Superhero Name: Quantax {Gonna admit, that's one of my lazier name choices there}
Planet of Origin: Larxiana
Powers: So...he's a teleporter, but not a dimensional teleporter...soo...I don't think I have to take his powers completely away, its limited at any rate by places that he remembers or that he can see...so considering he's in a total unknown location, he'll only be able to teleport a few feet here and there at a time, and not just yeet himself out of conflicts. He's also got something I call seismic wave generation, aka...in non fancy terms, the ability to create minor earthquakes...definitely gonna tone that down to just a bit of generic ground shaking to reduce the OP a bit. He's also got what I call molecular density manipulation, where he can make himself like suuper dense or suuper light..this is not one of his stronger abilities anyway...so its shouldn't really matter.

Species wise, his is negligibly different in strength and speed to humans, but they're senses are a tiny bit better so not too much different from a human really.

Appearance...Purpleness...lots of it. His eyes are a brilliant purple, [including where its supposed to be white]. His hair is purple, and kind of a mess, I guess an organized mess...if you can call it that, its basically just wild tangles that have some kind of pattern to it. He's gonna be in his casual clothes, so just a pair of black shorts and a purple sleeveless t shirt. Yes this man is about to superhero looking like he's going jogging

Backstory wise...he's pretty normal actually...just an aspiring superhero, doing his best in his planet, kind of an outlier among all the crazy backstories most of my characters share, but ehh...you gotta have one normal dude among all the other impossible odd stories.

Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sean/Quantax seems pretty cool to me, @HarryHardy! He'll work great with what I have in mind for this story. ;)

And Runi and him can be purple hair buds, too! :)

Now that you've picked a character, feel free to post!
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

I'll try my best to get a character posted sometime over the weekend, so anywhere between today and Sunday!

posting here to hold myself accountable
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady