Young Writers Society

Dead End at Something Street [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri May 21, 2021 4:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I posted! I wasn't able to have him comment exactly what I had in mind, but I was still able to slip in a comment about not trusting cameras. :P One of the very first things Edward does in his story is steal a gun from a gun shop, and the camera there doesn't pick up on him doing it. So it's definitely something he's familiar with.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon May 24, 2021 1:04 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I completely forgot about the bag most likely being a hindrance when Annabeth hops over the counter, so I edited my last post to get the bag off her.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 25, 2021 10:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! That makes sense. c:

I posted, by the way!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 26, 2021 8:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I posted again! :)

I don't know if Annabeth's hands would brush up against Edward's while they're eating donuts, but I just wanted to let you know that her hand would go through his if she "touched" him. c:

It's a little different when he's wearing clothing on top of his ghostly clothes, since clothing is like an object he can manipulate, but right now she'd go right through. :)
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 8:56 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Good to know!

I probably won’t post tonight, but how would it feel when her hand goes through his? Is it cold?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 26, 2021 9:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It would probably be a little cold! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 29, 2021 12:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Annabeth definitely did not want to have to spend the night there alone.

Good thing she'd probably be spending the night with Edward instead. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! c:

Since we're officially leaving Edward and Annabeth's impromptu snack, it looks like we need to figure out what they'll find next. Should they find anything important in the gray buildings, or should they be a dead end? I think it might fun to give them a little bit of a clue, but I also like the idea of them having to search a little harder and bond in the meantime.
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:52 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I immediately thought of the Pied Piper story when you wrote that last post, and now I want to read the story and the supposed true story behind it :)

I'm down for Edward and Annabeth bonding! I think we could have them not find anything in the town hall, even if they looked through the oldest books. They could try the library next, but I want the clue to be hidden in plain sight. Maybe they could even try going back later with a new perspective.

What do you think about this? And, do you want to come up with the clue now or wait until later in the story?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ahh sorry for not replying! I read your reply, but I completely forgot to reply back. ^^"

I love clues like that! And having them realize it's there after getting a new perspective on this town and situation would be great. It would probably be good to come up with the clue now so we can work it into the plot. Even if Edward and Annabeth don't notice it until later on, it'll help us set the stage and make it really fun to reread later on. :)
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:39 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Ahh, I'm so sorry for completely ghosting you and this site for three weeks. I've been so busy that YWS has been at the back of my mind.

I agree that the clue should be created first! I think it would be really cool to incorporate it into a painting or a picture that ties into the people's disappearance. Either that or a journal entry. Maybe even lyrics to a song on an old record player or jukebox! Something really subtle that requires a second viewing.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's okay! I was actually just thinking about posting in here after seeing your post in Hey-Day--it completely slipped my mind, too. ^^"

Oooh I love that idea! We could also have a journal entry that points them to a painting and/or jukebox. It could be cool if every clue leads to a new one.
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:06 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Yes, all the clues are connected! And each clue they find leads to the answer when they're all put together.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey! I'm sorry for not posting in here in awhile. ^^" I just realized I had completely forgotten to flesh out the details of our next posts more, so I scrolled through the OOC forum to find this thread.

Since you had them head near the town hall in your last post, I could have them enter it in mine! And maybe we could have them walk by where the journals are kept, but not actually look into it. Instead, maybe they could try checking out the computers? I'm sure there's at least one at a secretary's desk or something like that! :)
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:37 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

It's okay, Mage!

That could work! I can see Annabeth going for the computers first before she looks for any physical documents! And the journals could probably be on a shelf, so they might not think much about that until later.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien