Dead End at Something Street [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I made the thread, @Valkyria!

We still have some things to figure out before we make the roleplay thread, but I thought I'd put together a list of everything we do know for easy reference~

• Edward and Annabeth realized they were from different times in Aureate Hollow.
  • They get dropped into a ghost town that doesn't seem to be from any specific time period.
  • They also have to figure out what happened in that ghost town.
  • Edward and Annabeth are both from the modern day now, so Edward will actually get pop culture references.
  • But since it's been ~70-80 years since they last met for him, Edward's going to be very confused about why this random girl who he vaguely recognizes knows who he is.

So I guess all we have to really do right now is figure out what the ghost town is like/where they first end up! We can also figure out what Edward and Annabeth were doing before they got there, but I also feel like that's something we can improvise more.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 08, 2021 1:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I know I literally just posted, but I had a fun idea involving something I completely forgot about. Edward totally abuses how ghosts work in his world. They're basically able to slip on clothes on top of their actual ghostly clothes, and that second layer of clothing actually shows up.

(It's based on the idea that ghosts can grab things like clothes, but can't grab actual people.)

He hasn't really found an outfit that looks normal yet, so he does a combination of a buttoned-up trench coat, long/loose pants, and boots. He also has a fedora and a pair of sunglasses to cover his eyes, and covers anything that's not covered by the clothes with bandages. He also pretends to be mute (since regular people can't hear ghosts) and uses sign language.

(I forget if it came up in Aureate, but his mom was actually deaf; he grew up learning how to use it.)

Since Annabeth's a monster hunter, I'm pretty sure she'd be able to hear him and see him without the get-up. :P

But it might be fun to have him show up like that at first. >>
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Great!! And I totally agree that Annabeth would be able to hear and see him.

I’ve got some ideas of my own, but I don’t have time to lay them out now. But Annabeth can tell that Edward is a ghost, although she’ll have to look closely.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

I think my favorite example of Edward being revealed to be a ghost was in one roleplay where he signed something really polite, but said something that wasn't at all since he thought no one there would hear him. :P
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2021 2:21 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I keep picturing this town in the Old West and our characters in cowboy outfits :)

But, actually, this town looks similar to a regular small town in modern times. Think Mayberry from The Andy Griffith Show.

And to add to the mystery, our characters don't encounter anybody, even when they explore every part of the town, but it feels like people still live there.

If they go into an office, there are papers strewn over the desks like it was a regular day at work, and the coffee cups are still steaming.

As for what Edward and Annabeth were doing, I plan on having Annabeth finish one of her missions before she's transported to the ghost town.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 10, 2021 4:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maybe we can have a Wild West roleplay as a sequel. :P

And I love that idea! I haven't seen The Andy Griffith Show, but I think I have the general vibe of the town based on what you described. A nice, mysterious modern ghost town sounds like just the perfect place for an actual ghost and a hunter. c:

Since Edward would need a reason to be wearing his special outfit, I'm assuming he'll be doing something out and about in his town--originally, I was thinking he was on a case of his own, too, but I have this really funny idea of him getting whisked away when he's going to get donuts for the agency he's a part of.

(Which means Edward and Annabeth have something to snack on later. :P)

Since it looks like we have a plot in mind, all that's left is to make the actual roleplay! I'm not the best at coming up with names for threads, so all I can think of right now is something that involves suburbs and/or cul-de-sacs. Both have the right vibe for the roleplay, but I think they need something more.
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2021 4:25 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Yes to donuts!

The title is really stumping me, but the only thing I can think of is Dead End at... Something Street. It's so lame, but I've got nothing else :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 17, 2021 5:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maybe we can just go with Dead End at Something Street! They don't know where they are, so it would fit the vibe of the duo and give us a chance to think of more setting details. c:
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2021 5:38 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Great!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 17, 2021 5:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sweet! Since it looks like we're all set with the title, I'll throw together an intro post and get this duo started~ I can also write up Edward's first post, but I don't think we really need to worry about which one of us goes first. So let me know if you want to go first instead. :)
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2021 6:07 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I'll go first after you write that intro! My last class of the day is almost over, and I'll have free time when I get home.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 17, 2021 6:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! Sounds like a plan. :)

I'll have Edward run into Annabeth somehow at the end of my first post. c:
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2021 8:10 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Posted!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 17, 2021 8:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! I'll go write up a post now. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 17, 2021 8:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! I have a sneaking suspicion Annabeth's EMF detector is going to go off. :P
mage

queer and here.

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights