z

Young Writers Society

Hiraeth [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu May 06, 2021 2:41 pm
Mageheart says...

@AtlasWut, here's the ooc thread! I'll go back and edit in the actual duo title/link once it's up, but I'm really excited that we're doing this. c:

Do you have any characters in mind that you want to use? I'm trying to track down the old roleplay I once threw them in, but you already know that I want to write Poseidon and Icarus. :P The setting doesn't really have to match Ancient Greek times—the last roleplay they were in had people from the present and completely other worlds. So anything works~

I don't have formal descriptions of them on hand just yet because it's been so long since I wrote either one of them, but Poseidon was more of a tsundere kind of character. He's also not really used to social cues; his whole thing is that he was raised by mermaids instead of gods, so he's still learning a lot about social things. And Icarus has magic like his dad does, but he doesn't really know how to use it. He's also used to worshiping gods instead of dealing with them like they're regular people, so he's more of the straight man trope.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 2:48 pm
Mageheart says...

I tracked down the old roleplay! I didn't write a formal description of Poseidon there, but I did write one of Icarus. Icarus's was a little lacking, so here's an improved version of his and a new one for Poseidon:

Poseidon: He'll probably be wearing a white (and soaked) chiton. He has messy light brown hair that almost always has at least one piece of seaweed braided into it. His eyes are a piercing shade of blue, and he's on the taller/more muscular side. I think he looks like he's somewhere in his very young twenties?

Icarus: He's paler and shorter than Poseidon is, with curly blond hair and freckles. His eyes are bright green, and he's definitely not as muscular as Poseidon is. Since he grew up in a workshop, his hands are a little rougher than most people's.
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

I'll be completely honest, my knowledge of mythology is pretty lacking these days. I'm definitely open to just about everything, you'll just have to bear with me XD

I also love your depictions of Poseidon and Icarus! They sound absolutely wonderful :D
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 07, 2021 1:08 am
Mageheart says...

That's okay! My knowledge definitely isn't perfect, either—right now, it's mostly from a combination of Wikipedia, Tumblr, web comics and Percy Jackson. :P So it's all over the place with accuracy. xD

My whole thing with gods in my books is that they're just created by people believing in them, so their origin stories aren't always true. Poseidon's definitely one of those, so hopefully we won't need too much mythological knowledge. :P

And thanks !! I'm glad you like their descriptions—I'm sure your character(s) will be amazing, too!

Do you have any characters you really want to write?
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 12, 2021 12:31 am
View Likes
atlast says...

oops, i didn't see your reply until just now

I don't have anyone specific in mind at the moment! I could definitely draft some up, though.

Also, I don't think we've talked too much about it yet, but did you have anything in mind for the general storyline?
atlast

previously AtlasWut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 am
Mageheart says...

(That's okay!)

I didn't really have an idea in mind for the general story! I know that Icarus and Poseidon are going to be walking on eggshells around each other for a little bit and that a minor arc in the duo will probably be them actually starting to really like each other, but I don't have anything in mind besides that and them washing up on a shoreline somewhere.
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 12, 2021 1:46 am
View Likes
atlast says...

okay, that's totally fine!

i was thinking i could write a character that lives on or near the shoreline they wash upon (or is visiting, even) and eventually crosses paths with Poseidon and Icarus? it's kind of a common trope, but i think it's fun to add those extra variables for the characters to have to work around, whether the character they cross paths with is a positive or negative influence.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am
Mageheart says...

I have no idea why I completely forgot to this, but I love that idea! Do you have any characters that already fit that description, or do you want to come up with a brand new one?
mage

queer and here.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed May 19, 2021 4:10 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

Would It be ok if I'm able to join?

It is totally fine if I cant
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 19, 2021 4:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, @BrokenHeartsAri! Thanks for checking. :)

This is actually a RP Duo, which means only two people are writing the story. You can read more about what a RP Duo is here, if you're interested!

If you're looking for new roleplays to join, you might also want to subscribe to the New and Accepting Roleplays thread. There's not any roleplays listed in there just yet, but there should hopefully be some there in the very new future. c:
mage

queer and here.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed May 19, 2021 4:30 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...

Oh, ok thank you for letting me know
I promise this type of pain only gets worse
~Esmeraya~

she/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 19, 2021 4:33 pm
Mageheart says...

You're welcome! :)
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 19, 2021 4:37 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Oh my goodness, I keep forgetting to subscribe to this! I think I'm going to use Wren (who I'm also writing in The Tempest's Eyes!) I'll probably strip away her magic, but I think her overall character is perfect for this.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 21, 2021 12:37 am
Mageheart says...

Oooh that sounds fun! If you want to keep it in, I'd be happy to have another magical character~ I think Poseidon and Icarus both have their own special forms of magic, so it might be cool to have the whole group bond over their different magical abilities at some point.
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 21, 2021 1:12 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Okay, I'll keep it in! I agree, it would be cool to see them bond over their magic.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin