Young Writers Society

Into the Saeverse [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi there! If we've never met before, my name is Mage (she/her). I've done a few superhero roleplays on YWS before, but I've never done one that's so heavily inspired by an actual superhero story—so I'm really excited to see how this story goes~

The first post over in the roleplay hopefully explains the plot, but our characters are all superheroes that have ended up in this other version of New York City by mysterious powers outside of their own. Like Into the Spider Verse, they can be from any kind of reality and have appeared in this one at any point in time.

(For example, Peter B. Parker shows up right after Miles becomes his reality's only Spiderman, but Gwen shows up before that when the school year starts.)

Your characters can be totally original, but they can also be from fanfictions—it's really up to you! I'm doing an original superhero character of mine, but I'd also love to see Marvel/DC/My Hero Academia ocs~ I'd even be down for some Spidersonas. >>

I do have a plot for this roleplay, so please don't make any major plot-altering decisions without running them by me first! This is also a Roleplay Realm roleplay, which means that the posts tend to be on the longer side. Occasionally, a sentence reply might work best, but the goal is to have longer posts.

(If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, you can check another roleplay of mine out to see what posts are usually like!)

With housekeeping out of the way, thank you for reading through this all! I'll post my character here in a little bit, but I'm super excited to formally start this~

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 05, 2021 3:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy @MomoMajesty @Corvid @SebiGhoul

You all showed interest in this roleplay, so I wanted to tag you to let you know it's up!
mage

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed May 05, 2021 3:39 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

COUNT

ME

IN

HECK YES THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed May 05, 2021 4:08 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Y E S I love this idea.
what would you think of a DR. Strange apprentice-type charator?
maybe he lost his sling ring and got stuck in this dimension?
it's an idea I may or may not do, depending n your answer
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 05, 2021 8:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@MomoMajesty WELCOME TO THE ROLEPLAY THEN !!

@TheMythMaster, I'd love a character like that! Losing the sling ring and getting stuck in the dimension works really well with what I have in mind for this—your character probably would have lost it because of ~Plot~ but also because of the antagonist not wanting the characters to escape that easily. >>

(I admit I'm not super versed in Dr. Strange lore, so you might have to explain some parts of the apprentice's powers! But I'll hopefully be able to pick up on it quickly~)

I'm using an old character of mine named Wren Carter. She's known as The Actor as a superhero, and her superpower/magical ability is shapeshifting. She mostly does sweet little volunteering things in her city/suburbs of Ark Haven, but she's recently been fighting an anti-magic organization known as Perseus. Her big thing is that she shapeshifts as The Actor so she doesn't look the same.

I need to write up formal descriptions of her normal and superhero appearance that include colors, but I do have some sketches from her story! The top one is what she normally looks like (so a teen girl around seventeen years old) while the bottom is her superhero self (a man in his earlier twenties).

Spoiler! :

As for how she's sneaking in/when she ended up in this reality, I'm taking the Gwen route and having her have been here for a little bit. Maybe a week or two?? She's going to use her shapeshifting to sneak inside the lab, but probably will forget to grab a keycard or something that makes her look really official.
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

HECK YEAH I'M IN! LET'S DO THIS FOR ONE FIRST TIME!
She who calls the stars to shine

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 05, 2021 10:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the roleplay, @AshlynPhoenix! I'd be happy to show you (and anyone else who wants to know!!) how roleplaying works here on YWS if you ever want the help! :)
mage

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Thu May 06, 2021 1:42 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Is the role play started?
Can I post my character?
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Thu May 06, 2021 3:33 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Count me in!!!

Time for me to dig through the ridiculous amount of superhero characters I have that are at the mid tier in power levels.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 06, 2021 4:16 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

count me in!!
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy and @Corvid, welcome to the roleplay! Now that we have six writers for this, the roleplay is officially closed—and ready to begin. :)

@TheMythMaster, I want to get the first post up, but then you're free to post! Just let me know here what your plans are for your character getting into the lab, as well as when they arrived in this other reality. c:

I usually post a description of my character in the very top of my first posts in roleplays, but you're also free to share it here—I just like having them in one easy to access place.

I won't be able to make my post just yet, but I should have it up a little later today!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

me: i'm not sure i'll be able to post for a bit

also me: posts less than an hour later

The first post is officially up! Feel free to start posting now~
mage

queer and here.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

OOoh nice first post!!

Ma character description should be incoming relatively soon...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

18 Reviews

Thu May 06, 2021 7:25 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Character sheet
Spoiler! :

Name: Julius D'Hondt
Age:14 (though he visits Sakaar a lot so he could be older)
Lives: New York, 1948 (but he travels the multiverse and has been to the 21st century NY
Powers: Sorcerer, wields arcane spells and mystical artifacts
*appearance: cloak and hood, black military-style trench coat, often wears a fedora, nice boots, magic saber.
superhero Alias:Arcane

*Note he doesn’t really have a alter ego but when he’s not being a superhero he doesn’t usually wear his cloak
Last edited by TheMythMaster on Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 11:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @HarryHardy! I can't wait to see it. c:

And Julius looks great, @TheMythMaster! Any ideas for how he's going to sneak into/enter the laboratory?
mage

queer and here.

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming