Young Writers Society

The Sisterhood Syndicate [OOC]

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

This is very helpful, thank you all for the feedback! :D

I think I’m going to give it one more week for people to claim the remaining princesses before we start. After that, we’ll move forward with the SB in its current state. Though I'm not ruling out the possibility of people joining later. I'm still very much open to that option, and I think Plume's idea—of using the other princesses as NPCs initially but leaving the door open for people to play them down the line—sounds good.

And I should probably add, just for clarity: if no one chooses Pocahontas (and the task of revising her), she will not be included as an NPC.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:14 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

First off- I like the sound of everything in the spoiler, I will be working on cps soon to share my plans. Also Iger XD

As for NPCs, I got an idea- I think that they can always just be NPCs and then if someone wants to take over partway into the story they can be un-NPC'ed and vice versa. For example, say we get to page 4 and suddenly somebody wants to play Tiana, they can take over Tiana from there. That's just an idea tho

I'm a big fan of SB Discord servers for scheming but if nobody else here uses discord I'm fine with just scheming in here

Lastly, I def wanna use a higher rating. Cindy and Snow both were abused by family, which leaves marks on the way a person thinks. I'd love to portray their happy endings not as the event to make the pain in their hearts all go away instantly, but as the first step towards happiness. They've got some grieving and some growing to do and I want room to do that. (Plus what you said about Jasmine sounds interesting- I would like to see your take play out.)

Even if we bump up the rating we can still talk through individual plotlines and ideas to decide what's appropriate, so I really see no reason not to.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:16 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

PS: @Nyla I remember a while ago, you were thinking of expanding the amount of slots each writer can fill. Is that idea still on the table?

Random avatar

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

@SirenCymbaline, yes, it definitely is! In fact, I think I may boost it to a three-princess max in the next couple of days. (Also, I'm so excited about your plans for Cindy and Snow! I can't wait to read that.)

It sounds like everyone's comfortable with the higher rating, and I'm fully onboard with the leftover princesses being non-permanent NPCs. If anybody wants to object, feel free, but for now, I'm going to proceed with that as the tentative plan. ^_^

59 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:56 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Also Cindy and Snow's animal communication is totes a superpower I'm counting it that's magic

59 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Also any ideas for names/nicknames I can use for Prince Charming so I don't have to call him Prince Charming

if I can't think of anything good I'll just have to call him Fred or whatever

460 Reviews

Reviews: 460
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:01 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

What about Prince Charles?
She/Her

59 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:02 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

That's a good option. I think I'll take it

59 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:23 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

AIGHT I SENT MY CPS

also are the princesses gonna use their kingdom's armies

It wouldn't make sense not to use them and I'm sure it's possible to still make the villains and monsters threats if they do

Random avatar

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:55 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Yeah, I’m cool with using their armies, and I’m fully onboard with their animal communication skills counting as powers. :D

For the name, I like Horisun’s suggestion of Prince Charles (or Charlie, as Cindy’s character profile indicated, which I think works really well). But I’d be remiss if I didn’t suggest Char-Char.

Anyway, while I’m here, couple of tiny updates:

*Each player can now have a maximum of three princesses. If anyone would like to add a princess (or princesses), feel free.
*I’ve decided to let go (ha) of Elsa. I think I might pick up one of the leftover princesses, but it’s dependent on my schedule, so I’ll stick with just Jasmine for the time being. If anyone would like to add Elsa (or switch over to her), you now can. ^_^

In other news, I’m still debating how powerful Iger should be (and in what ways), so if anyone wants to chime in on that, go for it. Here’s my current thought process: I know I want him to have powers of some kind, and preferably top-tier powers, but he obviously still needs to be beatable. I also don’t know if he should be able to ‘enhance’ the other villains, like make the non-powered ones suddenly magic, or if that would be too much. Since the princesses are a mix of powered and non-powered, it probably makes sense for the villains to be as well—but then again, how threatening is somebody like Hans when he’s next to someone like Maleficent?

460 Reviews

Reviews: 460
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:28 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

If the Princesses could use their armies, maybe Hans could as well?
She/Her

59 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:39 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hans is a criminal now tho. If he's using anybody's army it'll be Iger's, not his kingdom's. I got some ideas for Iger but Imma have to add em later when I got time

59 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

As for the non powered villains getting powers... maybe?? Lady Tremaine and several other villains are basically just regular bullies that no longer have power over the hero's lives like the used to so... some of them probably do need help.

Some of them, though... several of our princesses are magicless but will pose a threat to the villains anyway just by managing resources and applying their real world skills. Maybe dome of these villians can do the same? In other words I think it'll be a case by case basis what fits each villian best.

IGER IDEAS

I thought it'd be funny if through his lower level monsters, we cheekily referenced the era of crappy sequels he produced

Say that the regular footsoldier muscle are all cheaply cranked out magical clones of better, older monsters. Somewhere out there the Evil Queen from Snow White (cos she's a potion gal) just has a magic sweatshop factory pumping them out

More ideas to come that's just what I've got for now

Random avatar

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:18 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

OH I LOVE THAT!

And I think case-by-case basis sounds about right. There are definitely some non-powered villains who'd probably do okay, like Gaston because he's swole, an excellent hunter, inexplicably popular among townspeople, and he can manipulate crowds into a torch-and-pitchfork frenzy. I feel like he could skate by on those traits and pose a credible threat even without magic.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Ah I'm really tempted to joinnnnn...could you keep Elsa open for a little bit please while I think about it?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx