z

Young Writers Society

The Sisterhood Syndicate [OOC]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Not exactly plotting but I thought it might be helpful to have a lil discussion about this

So the princes are part of my gal'ses lives, they're not gonna forget they exist so I can focus on the princesses, I have to do something with them. I could damsel them. That'd be kinda fun. But I also don't wanna go full 2007 'oooh a princess saving her prince h0w subVeEEEERRsiiiiveee', no, we're past that. (Like we could damsel a little bit but let's not be 2007)

I'm thinking I can better arrange this by giving the princes their own seperate offscreen battles to fight, so they have smth to do. The princesses have their own missions but there's plenty of monsters and kingdoms to defend, I'm sure we can all find them smth to do in the background.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Ooh, I like that idea!! Though, also, I feel like maybe they would be the ones staying behind to manage the kingdom? Just so that there's at least one monarch to handle internal affairs. I feel like they would need some sort of ruling party. However, that role could also be done by like, an advisor or something, so I feel like we could also make it a princess-by-princess basis, because I also don't want to completely veto your idea cause it's pretty dang cool.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

59 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2021 1:42 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

YEH all good points in there. I like the sound of princes managing the home front!

I feel like it'd be best to go prince-by-prince on who is looking after things at home and who is going on background missions. It's more interesting if there's variety anyway.

59 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

JUST LETTIN PEEPS KNOW I'M STILL WORKING ON THIS

59 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

guys Brandy made the perfect theme for this

phpBB [media]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:15 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

ahghhyg... this rp seems intriguing!
but is it still active/ongoing~ ?
the tiana role seems unfit to be left all by her lonesome, yet legendary self :{{
if it's still open~ and no one's taken her under their wing~ I would like to steal the beautiful, frog-lipstained character all to myself! (but if only she could morph between amphibian and human forms... then she'd rlly meet her full potential, if you catch what I'm putting down... or should I say hopping on? --sorry not sorry--)
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

59 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:35 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@sakeofvanity05 the SB is still going, it's just slow moving rn as @Nyla, the creator is away atm but she said on the previous DT page that she's okay with ppl posting and plotting in the DT while she's gone.

I'd recommend reading that post (The Sisterhood Syndicate [OOC]) cos it links back to a couple guidelines for said posts

The idea that Tiana can swap back and forth sounds AWESOME

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

okay! I've skimmed through most of it~ and will make sure to read through it more when I can ! lmk when @Nyla comes back, too. the premise of ideas w/ defending kingdoms and going on separate quests sounds fun~ YAY I'll have my girl mutate and shift at will !! but ofc I'll add some restraints and get a character sheet posted sometime w/ added elements if I can to her backstory~
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:42 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

*quietly pops back in*

Okay so I can't fully return to YWS yet, but I did want to check in. @sakeofvanity05, I'm so happy you're here! And I'm quite glad you scooped up Tiana, because she's one of the best princesses imho :D (And I definitely agree with SirenCymbaline, having her switch between human and frog mode sounds very cool!) I've just added you to the cast list.

I also went ahead and made it official that Raya's aspect of heroism is trust, as suggested by JoyDark and confirmed by Spearmint. Thanks y'all!

(And I'm fully onboard with having the princes complete their own side quests and/or manage the kingdom while the ladies are away.)

Random avatar

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:08 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

So I think I've returned, at least for a little while. And I really want to get back to working on this. I hope to have my first entry finished and uploaded soon-ish (but if anyone else beats me to the punch, that's completely fine!).

Also, I can't resist... I have to pick up Mulan. I love her too much. ^_^

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:05 am
View Likes
Plume says...

Yay!!! Glad to have you back, and super excited to see your first post!! <3
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

59 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:28 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

<<<everything @Plume said it's good to see ya

HELL YEAH take Mulan I know you'll do great with her

Poor Anna is the only one left, rip

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:11 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

I would've loved to be Belle, but seeing as Belle is already taken and the only princess left is Ana, could I please claim her?

Also I noticed her spelling in the SB intro post is Anna. Her name is definitely Ana!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

Random avatar

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:58 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

@Gravity, you got it! Welcome aboard. I'm so glad you're joining us—and just in time to snap up our final girl, too. :D

Also, even though her name is pronounced Ana, the canonical spelling is actually Anna with two N's. (Here's an official Disney source to confirm.) ^_^

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:06 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

@Cressida would you mind if I used the phonetic spelling?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25