Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:44 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

@MomoMajesty, of course! Happy to do it. I'd love for you to be our Elsa. :D

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:58 am
View Likes
MustachesAndSwords says...

@Nyla Do you still need people to join? Because I could be Merida if she's not taken

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:21 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

So I looked at our list of princesses, and it looks like the nonpowered villians left (in random order) are

-Lady Tremaine

-Shan Yu

-Gaston

-the Pocahontas villain who prolly won't be in this anyway

-Mother Gothel just used Rapunzel's magic to stay young, otherwise she's normal

-Prince Mordu from Brave is just a dude who was turned into a bear but really what more do you need

-idk the Raya villain so I won't touch on them

I think Gaston and Shan Yu are fine as they are

I don't know about Mother Gothel, I assume Iger will lend her some youth magic but does she need anything aside from that? honestly maybe not, she's a sneaky sneaky lady, and plenty capable. She'd make a great spy.

I think Lady Tremaine might need something cos she's just a mean lady who doesn't have power over Cinderella's life anymore. Cinderella III had to give her the Fairy Godmother's wand to make her capable of posing any threat again after the story was over. I don't wanna do exactly that but we might have to give her something.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:51 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

The Villain in Raya was reformed, so that might be tricky... We might need to think of something for that.
She/Her

59 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I haven't seen Raya but in general undoing reformations and making ppl evil again is usually weak and annoying so in her case idk

Is there a different, more secondary antagonist in her movie than can get promoted to Main Raya Villian?

edit: Raya would still be fighting against the other villains and Iger, she'd still have plenty to do, so maybe she'd even be alright just not having her own specific villain??? up to her player, of course
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:35 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

@MustachesAndSwords, yes, we're still accepting! Merida's all yours. I'm glad you picked her, I've been hoping someone would scoop her up. :D Welcome aboard!

@SirenCymbaline, ooh yeah, I can totally picture Mother Gothel as a spy. I think you're right: Gothel, Gaston and Shan Yu are quite capable, I feel comfy keeping them all non-powered (unless anybody objects—@JoyDark and @rida, since you two are playing Belle and Rapunzel respectively, you can have the final say on Gaston and Gothel).

I'm not sure what to do with Tremaine, but I definitely think she needs magic. I'd be cool with pretty much any direction you want to take her in.

And I'm good with Mordu staying a scary, cursed bear—at least if that works for you, MustachesAndSwords. Since you're playing Merida, I'll leave it as your choice. :)

@Horisun, hmm, that is indeed tricky. I tend to agree with SirenCymbaline about reformed villains turning evil again. Also, I kinda like the idea of having a reformed villain be an ally to the princesses. Maybe they could become a double agent who infiltrates the villains.

@Spearmint, not sure your thoughts on this, but if you want to keep Raya's villain good and create an OC villain for her instead, or—as SirenCymbaline suggested—promote a secondary antagonist to the lead, or just not give Raya a personal villain at all, I think any of those options could work. I'm totally open to whatever you have in mind. ^_^

59 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:39 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I'm so mean I forgot Hans XD

He's a criminal and known attempted princess murderer and a little bit disowned by his royal family so he won't really have any assets to speak of, so... that'd highkey limit his potential as a non-powered villain here.

I saw a post one time where somebody was like 'what if Hans was a firebender and had a bender fight with Elsa' and I was like

Bro, tho

Iger could give him fire and he could have a revenge rematch

That could be fun

Random avatar

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:28 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

YES x1000. Hans with fire powers must happen. An Elsa/Hans, ice-vs-fire showdown is something I didn't realize I needed until this moment, but now I have to have it.

It would also make a very forgettable villain much more interesting, sorry not sorry

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Ooh okay there's a ton of cool ideas here!! Yeah, Raya's main human villain (Namaari) was reformed, and I'd like to keep her that way. (She's a princess too, and I think it'd be cool to have her help out the Sisterhood as well maybe!)

But back to the topic of possible villains: in the movie, there were also these evil spirit thingies called Druun, which are like purple mist orbs that petrify people. They can be repelled by water or the Dragon Gem, but if they were Raya's main villain this time, I'm not sure how they'd be defeated completely, because previously only the creation or re-creation of the Dragon Gem was able to dispel them fully.

There's a potentially-evil side character too though-- Dang Hu, chieftess of Talon. Basically she's a greedy old lady who isn't afraid to sacrifice people to the Druun to get what she wants. She isn't a main part of the movie, but I think she has some potential to be Raya's villain! Dang Hu might need some magic, though. Perhaps control over the Druun or something? And this time defeating Dang Hu could defeat the Druun as well? Just some thoughts, let me know if you all want me to go more in depth about the movie, or if you have any other ideas! ^-^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:47 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Oh what the heck gimmie Elsa lezgoo

EDIT: also sorry for all the notifs Nyla, YWS glitched a bit
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Random avatar

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:03 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Lol, that's okay, @MomoMajesty!
Elsa is all yours. I'm super excited you're here. Welcome aboard! :D

Random avatar

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Quick update~

Pocahontas has been removed from the cast list (and her villain won’t be included in Iger’s gang). If anyone, down the line, would be interested in playing her, I’m still open to that possibility, but for the time being, I think it’s best if we move forward with the expectation that she will not be a part of this SB.

The other leftover princesses (Mulan, Tiana, and Anna) will be a part of the Syndicate, and you can include them in your posts as you see fit. Their slots remain open and, if anyone would like to join this SB later on, they can play as any or all of them.

I’ve been debating picking up Mulan myself (and possibly Tiana too), but I won’t be doing that for the time being because unfortunately there’ve been some developments in my real life that are going to pull me away from YWS for a bit. I planned to write the first post, but since I haven’t finished it yet and I don’t think I’ll have the opportunity to complete it for a while, I no longer feel that’s the best option. There wasn't a story-based reason I needed to write the first entry anyway, I only wanted to give everyone an idea of how they could write theirs, but I feel like y’all probably get the gist of things and I don’t know if you’d even need that as a guideline. Especially because creativity is encouraged in this, so however you want to write your opening post is fine with me, as long as it includes the key info I outlined in this post.

(But for anyone wondering, my first entry would’ve gone as follows: Jasmine’s outside the palace doing her undercover-as-a-peasant shtick because she’s still unhappy with the limitations of being royal, she witnesses Agrabah being attacked, sees Jafar, panics, manages to escape and return to the palace safely, argues with her fam who think she’s mistaken about Jafar being involved, and then a couple of men—working for WD—show up and implore her to join the Syndicate, which she does cuz she’s dying to escape her current life anyway. You can do something similar to that, or something completely different. But I do recommend having proxies of some kind recruit your character—proxies who are working on behalf of WD, but are not the man himself—in order to maintain the ~mystery~ of his character. You are allowed to have him do the recruiting though, just so long as you write him in a way that preserves his shadowy mystique.)

Anyway, this is a long way of saying that y’all are free to start writing and posting to the SB now. While you can wait for me to start things, my life’s kinda upside-down at the moment and I don’t have an exact date of when I’ll be able to return, and I’d hate to just shelf this project in the meantime. For that reason, I would love it if this SB continued in my absence, but no pressure if you don’t have the time yet. TL;DR: go ahead and write/post your first entries, or wait. Whatever feels right to you. But please know that you have my complete blessing to move forward! :)

You can also continue the plotting here. If you want people’s opinions on something, just ask even if I’m not around, and if other people approve of something you want to do, that’s good enough for me. I don’t need to give final approval—this is obviously a collaborative process and the majority rules on any decisions. Just stick to the main guidelines outlined in the first post of this thread, and in this post, and you’ll be fine. I don’t really have any hard and fast policies beyond that. I’m pretty open to all ideas and choices. ^_^

Also, I didn’t get the chance to watch Raya, so Spearmint, if you’d like to choose her aspect of heroism, that’s fine with me. Just make sure you don’t choose one that’s already taken or too similar to one of the other princesses’. It should be some part of her personality you think is important, and it should fit with the other aspects (which are listed here).

I can’t wait to come back and work on this! But for now, I’ll talk to y’all later. <3

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:29 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

ngl Raya’s aspect of heroism would probably be trust but it’s up to u :]
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:22 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

YES I agree with JoyDark C:
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

59 Reviews

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:35 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

You might already be gone but @Nyla I hope your time away treats you well!

I'll start working on my first post soon >D

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud