z

Young Writers Society

The Ringing of the Bells [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:18 am
Mageheart says...

This is a little late, but I'm definitely down for that! A hostage situation sounds amazing. c: And I'm always down for pranking Mage. >>

I have no idea how this would work with the current situation, but it might be fun to split up the group at some point and scare Mage (and whoever he ends up with) by having Harry show up out of the darkness and pretend that he's actually a threat for a hot second.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:27 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ooh..alright then...also I do love the idea of Harry doing an overly dramatic out of darkness entrance (He can do this trick where he can turn himself into just pure shadow and darkness so that would come in handy here).

As for splitting up the group, I'm sure we can create some sort of decent maze situation for where we'll be finding the items we're looking for and have them get seperated that way.

Anyways, I think all we've gotta do now is create this new monster and have it attack Mage, Vankous and James. Maybe Vankous even tries to question Mage about his age again and this monster also interrupts the conversation.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:29 am
Mageheart says...

I have a character who does something really, really similar, so I'm 100% down for that trick being what he uses to scare Mage. :P

And that sounds like a great idea! Plot Armor can save Mage from answering that question for a bit. :P

i also like how this gives mage an opportunity to become friends with people other than harry. found family to the max right here.
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

That should go down pretty well then :)

And yes

So...this monster has to be fairly big I think, and maybe something like part shadow because it does have to survive inside a thick jungle, if its solid, it'll just be breaking through everything.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:18 pm
Mageheart says...

Oooh, that's a good point! And having the monster be part shadow makes Harry scaring Mage later on work even better - Mage would already be expecting some sort of shadow creature in the woods.

Maybe it can look something like this, but with less human faces on its body and be made of shadows instead?

(I apologize for the random words on it - I wanted a reference image that showed the size compared to a person/showed the whole body. That was the first one I could find. >>)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:59 pm
Mageheart says...

I posted! It was a short post, but I wanted to get something up so you weren't waiting for me. :P
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I know I am super late but I will post sometime in the next 24 hours.

Also...that seems like a really fun design indeed. I'll just be mentioning a little bit of the fight with the fire things and a bit of the banter with Vankous and James, then probably Mage can spot this thing coming towards them.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Mageheart says...

That's okay! Life happens - I'm just happy you're still around to roleplay with. c:

And sweet! That sounds like a plan. :)
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:38 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:D

Aaand I posted!! Sorry again for how late it is. I really want this roleplay duo to have an end :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 am
Mageheart says...

It's okay! I know that life/school has been pretty hectic for me lately, so I haven't always had enough energy to write long roleplay posts. But I'm really glad you're also dedicated to this story having an ending. <3

Posted, by the way! I reread the entire roleplay to get back into Mage's head a little more, so I had fun referencing one of the earlier parts of their conversation in my response. c:
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2021 1:16 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

<33

I think I should be a little bit more free now...I'm definitely scouting through all the various roleplays and storybooks I'm a part of and writing a barrage of posts soon..prolly gonna join a couple of new ones to replace the ones that have gone inactive.

Anyways...I set up our Harry jump scare in this one...I think our second monster can be introduced in the next one. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm
Mageheart says...

That's great! I can't wait to roleplay with you more. c: And I definitely feel you on the inactive roleplays—I'm planning on making a whole slew of them to replace the ones that have died/are dying.

I posted, by the way! I had the monster show up, as well as let Mage discover that his flames can actually harm it. Maybe we could take care of it in the next few posts, and then have Harry show up as a jump scare?

imagine if mage tried lighting him on fire by reflex-
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!! I will join all of them

Yup sounds like a plan...I wrote up the boys getting ready to flame on...its time for the fight in the next couple of posts I guess.

Also yes...I can imagine Harry just heading towards Mage, all hands outstreched to help him up after getting knocked down or something, Mage freaks out and sets him on fire...and he's wondering what on Earth is happening when Stean points out he's still made of darkness.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 08, 2021 12:02 pm
Mageheart says...

yeeeees

I'm always happy to do roleplays with you! :)

And I can't wait to get to the end of the fight~ It's going to be hilarious seeing how badly Harry's attempt to help Mage goes. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 pm
Mageheart says...

I posted! c:
mage

queer and here.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price